Camp Motorpsycho » General

Begynnelser - The album

(58 posts)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. tkm

Pee order online from Platekompaniet

https://www.platekompaniet.no/vinyl/begynnelser/?SNSubscribed=true&utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1718_Motorpsycho (1)&utm_content=&spMailingID=10957243&spUserID=MTg2NDAyMzYwODQ3S0&spJobID=1160423321&spReportId=MTE2MDQyMzMyMQS2

Posted 6 months ago #
  2. mybestfriend83

Hey i would like to know if there will be a spotify version and if the lyrics are english or norway..? Thanks...

Posted 6 months ago #
  3. ThorEgil

Spotify? Who cares... Buy the shit and support the band.

The play was in Norwegian so anything else would be a surprise. But the words are not that important - it's about the whole feeling of it.

Posted 6 months ago #
  4. Krist Rampage

Sounds like a pretty impressive package. Very looking forward to this! I wonder how the music is. No drummer but i see a srumkit in the pictures. Anyway, it sorta feels like the Folk Flest release which i love.

Posted 6 months ago #
  5. kjellepelle

The drumlit was used as part of the play when Bent & Snah played with the child actor as drummer.

Posted 6 months ago #
  6. Krist Rampage

Ah ok, thanks. So not much drums i assume?

Posted 6 months ago #
  7. kjellepelle

Pre-recorded I assume..

Posted 6 months ago #
  8. kjellepelle

Coming soon on Rune Grammofon

Rune - Begynnelser

Released 09.06.17

Posted 6 months ago #
  9. kjellepelle

from stickman dated 27.April

So we can expect to see and hear a lot from the band during the coming months. To kick it off, the “Begynnelser” theater project is being pressed as a limited edition release as I type this, and if all goes well it will be out at the beginning of June. More about that along with the definite release date as information rolls in from the pressing plant. Bent and Snah will be involved in the Oslo

Posted 6 months ago #
  10. ThorEgil

Very interesting write-up from Rune.

This is a one-off limited edition pressing of 1500 copies only.
    Max 2 copies are accepted for each pre-order!

The music on this album was written for a project Motorpsycho was invited to be a part of by Trøndelag Teater in early 2015. It eventually ended up as the play "Begynnelser". The play was directed, designed and dramatized by the independent theatre group De Utvalgte based on a new text written by Norwegian author Carl Frode Tiller. It was produced and performed at Trøndelag Teater in Trondheim with a cast drawn mainly from their ensemble. Motorpsycho played live at every performance with an expanded line-up that included "utility psychos" Pål Brekkås or Tos Nieuwenhuizen. The play ran for six weeks in September and October 2016. Not all of this music was eventually used in the play. The band also wrote a lot more during preparations and rehearsals. It was a long process and most of the music was tweaked in a big way to fit the flow and feel of the play. It was also played live every night, so what you would have heard during the performances would in most instances have sounded very different from this album. The music is not sequenced in the order it was used in the play, and a lot of the music that eventually was played in the performances is missing from this album, so this is perhaps best described as 'a version of what it might have been' more than a document of what the soundtrack eventually ended up becoming.

The included DVD contains a complete 2 hour filmed performance of the play for those who want to see it and hear the final and complete music score performed in context. So all in all you get a lot of new, original Motorpsycho music. The play itself is reallly good with great visual presentation including some stunning video work. And English subtitles! The DVD also includes a fine documentary.

All this comes in a really nice, solid hardback "book-sleeve" with artwork by Kim Hiorthøy. You´re gonna want this, so don´t sleep!

Released 09.06.17

Posted 6 months ago #
  11. Krist Rampage

Now up for preorder! Ordered mine already. Even more excited after reading ThorEgil's post. Subtitels!

Posted 6 months ago #
  12. ThorEgil

Aand preorders are opened.

Posted 6 months ago #
  13. Elvin

Theres a short little song for preview over at stickman.
    https://www.stickman-records.com/motorpsycho-begynneler-presale-begins/

Posted 6 months ago #
  14. kjellepelle

Be prepared for some Nord-Trøndersk gloominess

Posted 6 months ago #
  15. fuzzrules

Does anyone know if the play's recording on DVD will include subtitles in english?

Posted 6 months ago #
  16. Blashyrkh

@fuzzrules, Yes, there will be english subtitles.

Posted 6 months ago #
  17. fuzzrules

Thanks Blashyrkh!

Posted 6 months ago #
  18. KarelH

Are there two releases of 1500 copies each on Rune and Stickmen, or one release of 1500 copies?

Posted 6 months ago #
  19. mefisto

Rune's edition has catalog number RLP2193.
    Stickman's edition has catalog number Psychobabble 090.
    My guess is that they have made 1500 each.
    Definitely looks like two different pressings.

Posted 6 months ago #
  20. paolinogrande001

Stickman seems to be out of stock already...

Posted 6 months ago #
  21. tkm

They had a problem With paypal. Back in stock now

Posted 6 months ago #
  22. Krist Rampage

I wonder how long it will take to sell out. It surprises me that the Folk Flest package still isn't sold out.

I quite like the little song that you can listen at Stickman. Curious about the rest!

Posted 6 months ago #
  23. kjellepelle

Rune Grammofon web:

For practical reasons, we have to close for pre-orders at the time being. This does not mean we are sold out and we will open for sales closer to the release date.

This is a one-off limited edition pressing of 1500 copies only.
    Max 2 copies are accepted for each pre-order!

Posted 6 months ago #
  24. gandalf37

This will be a release like the Konsert for folk flest. Identical record on both Runegrammofon and Stickman with a sticker only to show which Version.

Posted 6 months ago #
  25. Large

selling:

I have 2 tickets for the Oslo - event: "Begynnelser" at Nationalteateret.

10. juni. Balkong.

Skulle så gjerne fått sett det, men får ikke fri fra jobb.

Noen som er interessert?!!

Reach me at mailadress: ringerud@gmail.com

Posted 6 months ago #
  26. Krist Rampage

Stickfrau on Instagram

So, Stickman has the records, which look amazing! Man i am so looking forward to this. I hope they send the pre-orders out as soon as possible. I feel like a little child waiting for his birthday presents.

Posted 5 months ago #
  27. Coventry Boy

Found my copy from Stickman Records in the post box today.

What a beautiful surprise and
    what a beautiful baby it is!

Posted 5 months ago #
  28. Krist Rampage

Awesomel. I hope mine arrives tomorrow. Enjoy!

Posted 5 months ago #
  29. dongonz

my package from stickman arrived today ... it's quite interesting stuff ^^ like it!

Posted 5 months ago #
  30. received my copy from stickman! thanks for fast purchase. i quite like it. very interesting.

only downpoint is that the glue which keeps the package together started to melt when i opened the box first time. but anyway, i will not complain about this, the music and the artwork are simply great!

Posted 5 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.