Camp Motorpsycho » General

Verkstedhallen, 24 May 2017

(25 posts)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. TAF

Anyone attending the gig tonight? Probably a lot of new stuff in the track list.

Posted 2 months ago #
  2. I am also really looking forward some feedback

Posted 2 months ago #
  3. kjellepelle

Some new stuff, some old stuff, plan #1, Year Zero and Vortex Surfer amongst the older more familiar stuff.

Posted 2 months ago #
  4. Rolf

Full setlist:

In every dream there is a dream of something else *
    Kill Devil Hills >
    She Left On The Sun Ship
    new song
    Hell, part 1-3
    Year Zero
    new song
    Lacuna/Sunrise >
    Spin, Spin, Spin
    On a plate
    Mantrick Muffin Stomp
    Plan #1
    Ship of Fools **
    Vortex Surfer
    ---
    Here Be Monsters

* I think that's what they sing in the chorus, and I believe that's what it was introduced as at the rehearsal gig.

** Bent introduced it as "Ship of Fools". Not the Grateful Dead song.

Posted 2 months ago #
  5. Rolf

Personal notes and thoughts:
    Great gig, inspired and with lots of energy! The boys seemed to be really excited, and overall it was a great gig! Tomas has found his place in the band, and can play both old and new songs. Bent & Snah seems to be very energized and happy with the new drummer. Bent mentioned that the mixing of the new album was finished very recently (I think he said last night?). Also, the sound at the venue was (most of the time) really really good!
    As I have only heard the new songs once or twice (this gig + the rehearsal gig), they haven't really clicked with me yet, but "Ship of Fools" was really great. I'm sad they didn't play "Intrepid Explorer" which was the last song they played at the rehearsal gig. I really liked that one.
    Also, it was Tomas' birthday! After the encore break they served him chocolate cake and got the audience to sing a birthday song. The cake was then distributed amongst the audience. And he played the encore wearing a birthday crown

Highlights according to me:
    Kill Devil Hills - great version!
    Year Zero - grew to great heights!
    Lacuna/Sunrise - enough said! Fantastic version.
    Plan #1 - so beautiful, amazing.
    Ship of Fools - great new song!
    Vortex Surfer - beautiful, amazing, ABOUTHEPAAAAAAAAAIIINNN!
    Here Be Monsters - about 23 minutes, grew to monstrous proportions!

Posted 2 months ago #
  6. Tomcat

Thank you Rolf for the review and details. Exciting! Didn't expect to see so many (old) songs, looks like minimum 2h+ which is great for a first "real" show. "Anything goes, everything's possible" it seems. Oh Yeah they can!

Posted 2 months ago #
  7. Krist Rampage

Yes thank you Rolf! Exciting indeed. How where the new songs? Surprised to see HBM in the setlist. And Vortex Surfer!

Posted 2 months ago #
  8. Thx Rolf. Great that they play HBM and Lacuna/Sunrise and even She left on a sun ship So excited seeing them live again. Have to wait patiently....

Posted 2 months ago #
  9. ThorEgil

Here's the setlist as spotted on the stagefloor. So the other two new songs would be The Cuckoo and Mantric. Loud, proggy and in your face.

An absolute killer of a concert. Can't remember last time I saw this kind of energy streaming from the band. And Tomas - he has a completely different approach to the music than Kenneth, leaving more room for the others.

Posted 1 month ago #
  10. kjesso

@thoregil: Just to point out the obvious - the two other new songs must be The Cuckoo and The Tower. Which, of course, is what you intended to write.

Posted 1 month ago #
  11. tkm

Agree with Thor Egil's comments. I wasn't a big fan of the "play the whole album"-thing on Here be monsters tour. Totally different band yesterday. I think they played for about 2 hours an 35 minutes.

Posted 1 month ago #
  12. ThorEgil

@kjesso - Ah, yes, obviously. Woke up to a leaking aquarium today so I'm a little off.

Posted 1 month ago #
  13. Blashyrkh

What is BTFBL on the setlist?

Posted 1 month ago #
  14. ThorEgil

That is a new song "In every dream there is a dream of something else" as mentioned by Rolf above.
    I don't remember them actually presenting any title during the show.

Posted 1 month ago #
  15. mikke

Ship of Fools was introduced by name.

Posted 1 month ago #
  16. otherdemon

I saw another setlist on Facebook. On that one, BTFBL was
    called Better Things.

Anyway, looks promising! Not exactly a 90's heavy setlist.

Posted 1 month ago #
  17. Blashyrkh

Looks promising!
    Were there tapers at the show ?

Posted 1 month ago #
  18. Rolf

There were tapers at the show.

Posted 1 month ago #
  19. supernaut

Mantrick Muffin Stomp

Posted 1 month ago #
  20. Spacebandit

Audience tape is up on Dime. Hope you'll enjoy it. Feel free to spread on FLAC only,
    not that fucking MP3. TOWER and SHIP OF FOOLS were...mindblowing...MANTRIC...leave it on the
    shelves as FEEDTIME...not my stuff...but HELL into YEAR 0 transition was...ok..tears of joy
    in my eyes and ears...
    PLEASE respect our view of LOSSLESS TRANSFER.
    Tusen takk for Norge and Tyskland friendship cooperation.
    All we do is for eternal love. TAKK und DANKE.

Spacey

Posted 1 month ago #
  21. ThorEgil

Sounds like the taper was taken a little by surprise by the sound level. It was fucking LOUD!
    Thank you for bringing this out.

Posted 1 month ago #
  22. Rolf

A second source/recording is up on Dime now
    It deals better with the loudness

Posted 1 month ago #
  23. otherdemon

Thanks a lot to LarsM and vortexsurfer for these recordings!
    I chose the v.s source this time because of the description
    regarding the loudness.

Just finished BTFBL now, and sounding very promising for September

Posted 1 month ago #
  24. ThorEgil

Finally got out a few pictures - ThorEgilPhoto.com
    This was really one of those concerts where I found my sweet spot right in front of the stage, in the focus point of the half circle of stage amps. Hiwatt / SUNN Model T behind Bent and Marshall / Fender behind Snah. And two more Hiwatts behind the digital Mellotrons.
    I couldn't be bothered to move from the spot.

Posted 1 month ago #
  25. crossskip

Anyone putting something up on Motortrades? My account on Dime got removed a while back and it looks like a lot of effort to put it back online again. Would be appreciated!

Posted 1 month ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.