First song online: "A.S.F.E."

(28 posts)
  • Started 3 weeks ago by marc
  • Latest reply from DandelionPowderman

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. marc

http://www.visions.de/news/27250/Motorpsycho-streamen-neuen-Song-A-S-F-E

Not really sure about the backing vocals yet, but I like it. Nice transparent production, smooth sounding vocals! really nice! the obligatory straight "single-bassnote/harmonic shift by the end" rocker. Excited for the album!

Edit: Eager to be first to bring the news, i started a new thread instead of simply posting in the album thread. Not knowing how to delete it, I just leave it like that!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  2. TraktorBass

Good work, marc!

This would fit right in on Barracuda. Pretty stark contrast to Monsters.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  3. Krist Rampage

Thanks Marc!

You are right Tractorbass. I love it. The vocals too. Also good drumsound.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  4. Wulf

X-3 (Part 2)

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  5. TraktorBass

Good call, Wulf, you are right

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  6. yes, this is so good! The straightest drumming since.... ever?!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  7. yeah! cool...

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  8. Smarti333s

\m/

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  9. nicoot

Now we all come to know what A.S.F.E. stands for

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  10. woutervuden

I like that the change of drummer really did affect the style of the songs (judging on this song)! Although I never doubted in the first place, I was hoping for it to not be a kenneth-period immitation. I am ready for this!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  11. Lotsa live-potential to lift the end part up into blissful rock n'roll spheres...

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  12. sTARhAMMER

Hmmm .... thinkin about Hello There by cheap trick. Try to sing it on top😊

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  13. Julilectric

Was skeptical at first. Excuse the blasphemy but it sounded kinda boring in the beginning. But the last Part - wow. They did IT again. Think i have to getan used to the rather straightforward Songs (which is fine) again.
    Not so sure about the backing vocals...

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  14. otherdemon

Ambivalent feelings about this one.

This studio-version I think sounds a bit monotonous
    and sterile, at least until the final couple minutes when they
    pick up pace and change it up a bit. But hopefully it will grow.

However, it's possible to compare this to On A Plate.
    On BTS, it was boring cock-rock. Live however, where
    they change key and up the energy level, it has always
    been far better. So I hope they do something similar here.

And as others have mentioned: The production sounds really good!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  15. ThorEgil

X-3 (Knuckleheads) was my first thought - which can only be a good thing.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  16. palo

Yes! This is super-duper! Finally a feeling of hearing the the band I fell in love with again. X-3 is mentioned, but I also hear Kills Devil Hills, Back to Source, Black to Comm, Ozone, and, not to forget, Psychonaut. And Sabbath as opening riff - the faster I steel the rounder I get. This is without question the best thing since Trust Us. Gone is the bluesy-based (or at least sounding) stuff that makes me quesy, and back is the drone, the drone, the drone. I do hope that this is indicative of the album as a whole. Stoked as not since 1998 before the new album.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  17. doglicksman

Hilarious to read the reactions of some people here. 'It is boring because it is too long but then it gets going and wow it is great after all'. Seriously, are you guys new to Motorpsycho or something?

The songs is fucking fantastic even if the drumming isn't on a Kapstadian level and bodes more than well enuff for me to be really excited about the new album.

On a side note: how truly sad it is be to be made queasy and bored by parts of the band's music instead of just going along for the ride like a true Psychonaut. They are explorers in sound, why are you guys so scared by this??? If the 'lame cockrock' or the endless blueswailing scares you/turns you off be sure there will be a 70+ minutes choral work or some free jazz coming right up to reward your hipster sensibilities. And vice versa. The problem is that you cannot and should not expect to have oe without the other. This isn't Bieber or Mtallica, goddamnit.

Why not just go outside your comfort zones for a moment and stop analyzing the crap out of what goes into your earholes. Stop the bitching and just enjoy. This music is not tailormade to suit your tastes. But it sure is spectacular anyway.

Really.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  18. AnotherUglyEggPlant

Thanks Marc!

This song is a contrast to the Kenneth-Era-Stuff.
    Really straight forward rock. Very straight drums. The guitar riff in the beginning reminds me of Black Sabbaths "Paranoid".

To be honest: I'm not really diggin' it. This would fit right on Barracuda as TraktorBass said, which is not my favorite MP-Album.
    Hoping for more psychedlic moments on the full Album.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  19. for me it really grows.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  20. tkm

Now we know what this was for https://www.instagram.com/p/BRwQzaYgmnp/

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  21. Kid A

Like it A LOT. As mentioned before, this is Trust Us Sound. I think, the drums sound much more Gebhardtly than Kapstad. The monotonous build up is something I fell in love with in the 90´s and what Kenneth couldn´t deliver. (Don´t get me wrong, he´s a fantastic drummer and I´m totally freaking out on Spidergawd! But in my opinion he wasn´t the best option for MP, and now, that I´m hearing this, I know again why )
    Really looking forward to Bremen Schlachthof!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  22. Hmmm... For me I only hear A.S.F.E. from The Tower, nothing else really....

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  23. Vegard B. Havdal

Really good one this.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  24. mybestfriend83

I just listened one time but i am hot for the full album...

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  25. mikke

it grows indeed

I think I remember this one from the verkstedhallen gigs, worked very well live.

for some reason I start thinking about zz top when listening to a.s.f.e.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  26. thats a nice comparison. i think its because of the relaxed vibe of not doing too much but playing the essential riffs of the song on repeat. maybe also soundwise? must listen to the old tejas record again and check that out

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  27. pfnuesel

I mostly hear BHBH. Much more than Trust Us or Barracuda. And I don't quite like the song. But I said that already about a good share of their songs, before I heard them live.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  28. DandelionPowderman

Sounds like this tune might be the only straight-forward rocker on The Tower – judging by the Amazon-samples.

Thought it sounded a bit «cheap» the first seconds, but then it really took off. Looks like we're up for their best album in a long time.

Posted 2 weeks ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.