Camp Motorpsycho » General

2017-10-26 St Niklaas, Belgium

(32 posts)
  • Started 3 weeks ago by nicoot
  • Latest reply from Punj Lizard

Tags:

1. nicoot

One ticket for sale, 19 EUR. A friend is not able to go.
    Instead he's going to Brussels a few days later
    Mail: nicolasdewulf at gmail dot com
    We can meet up at the entrance!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  2. nicoot

Sold!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  3. Blashyrkh

Are there people over here going to this show? Or the other show in Belgium?

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  4. nicoot

I'm attending both shows and will have 3-5 friends with me, we could meet up!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  5. crossskip

I'm attending both shows and will have 3-5 friends with me, we could meet up!

No shows in The Netherlands this year? Well, there's always the next tour!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  6. Juergen

No shows in The Netherlands this year? Well, there's always the next tour!

Motorpsycho played in Amsterdam yesterday and will play in Tilburg on Friday and in Zwolle on Saturday. These are three shows in the Netherlands on this tour.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  7. crossskip

Motorpsycho played in Amsterdam yesterday and will play in Tilburg on Friday and in Zwolle on Saturday. These are three shows in the Netherlands on this tour.

Haha I know, I'll be at Tilburg and Zwolle. But I meant nicoot and I won't be meeting up this time =p

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  8. SjurBie

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  9. nicoot

@crosskip unfortunately not. Amsterdam and Zwolle are a bit too far when there's St Niklaas and Brussels closer by and I already have other plans during the Tilburg gig tomorrow. My god, I want to forward the clock for 12 hours right now! Feeling this!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  10. Thomas

promising soundcheck

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  11. Thomas

Year 0 -->
    Critical Mass
    Manmower
    Wolkengänger
    Augusto
    PPP
    Intrepid Explorer
    Pacific Sonata -->
    The Cuckoo
    ASFE
    Lacuna Sunrise
    Ship of Fuuls -->
    Taifun
    ---------
    The Tower

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  12. GBD

Aah...Critical mass! Been a long while since that one was played live.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  13. Thomas

Golden Core was on the list, but not played

2:30 h

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  14. otherdemon

Aah...Critical mass! Been a long while since that one was played live.

Second that. Possibly my favorite track from BH/BC, and they haven't played it live since Roncade 2006. I did however see it @ Rockefeller 2006, and it was one of the highlights then

Good they're resurrecting some of those rarely played BH/BC songs. Some other songs from that album have been played to death...

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  15. BronYAur

Wolkengaenger is...?

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  16. Blashyrkh

@BronYAur, Wolkengaenger is Cloudwalker

What a great show! In the beginning the sound wasn't great from where I was standing (1 meter in front of the PA). But after Critical Mass (ow yeah) - the sound was good!

It seems that they are all having fun on stage, also Kristoffer.

The two highlights for me where Pacific Sonata and Taifun

Up to the next show today and sunday in Brussels

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  17. Neil Tesor

@BronYAur Wolkengaenger = Cloudwalker

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  18. Thomas

So my first two shows this year made clear what I love about this band so much. Bremen was very special and psyched out. Compared to Sint Niklaas I had almost a complete new set and new experience. Only 4 Bremen songs were also played yesterday. That means 10 new songs yesterday for me! Which band can compete with that?

The sound was amazing from the second half on. Year Zero with Tuba is great. Nice jams during Manmower. PPP was more in the fishtank version, but faster. ASFE is a blast live! I couln´t imagine cause I don´t like it too much in the studio version. But live? Man!
    Lacuna was simply beautiful! Very new elements in the second part of the song. The hole trip became better and better and the highlight was a wonderful version of Taifun. Very very emotional. Even The Tower as an encore is great. I wasn´t missing anything. I Golden Core would have been played in the end as written on the set, ...
    Nice crowd, sometimes a bit talkative. Very very beautiful venue. Thanks Belgium!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  19. BronYAur

I see... Gaenger = walker should have enlightened me... but I spent all the time thinking that Wolk = people...

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  20. fillmore

That means 10 new songs yesterday for me! Which band can compete with that?

Loads of bands can do it and are doing it, including my other favourite band Phish, a rock band from Vermont (US), founded in / active since 1983. I saw three consecutive shows in Chicago this summer and they performed 57 songs (9 hours of music) without repeating one song. Later in the summer they performed a run of of 13 consecutive shows in NYC without repeating a single track during the course of the run (237 individual songs performed).

In a European context however, Motorpsycho are certainly an excpetional phenomenon.

It is my subjective impression though that MP's setlist variation has decreased the last two tours, with the last tour's repertoire having it's fairly fixed sequence and this tour having two new members on board. I don't have numbers to back that up though (i.e. # of individual songs performed per tour).

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  21. crossskip

It is my subjective impression though that MP's setlist variation has decreased the last two tours, with the last tour's repertoire having it's fairly fixed sequence and this tour having two new members on board.

This + a whole double record of new songs that need to be played and take up a lot of room. With all this in mind, I'm liking this tour's sets a lot more than the fairly fixed sets of the HBM tho!

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  22. Tomcat

Last tour took exceptionally long until its setlists magnificently changed in Wiesbaden. A gig in the beginning plus one or two on their way back north from Italy and you got most of the songs played. I wonder how it will be this time

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  23. BronYAur

"It is my subjective impression though that MP's setlist variation has decreased the last two tours, with the last tour's repertoire having it's fairly fixed sequence and this tour having two new members on board. I don't have numbers to back that up though (i.e. # of individual songs performed per tour). "

I DO have the numbers and I can confirm that

They have a more massive "body" of fixed songs played every night than in the past.
    I think that the best tours from the point of view of the night-to-night variety of the setlist have been the tours with Baard (2000-2003). But also the Still Life/Blissard tour was awesome. Probably the best tour of the Kenneth-era

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  24. fillmore

I DO have the numbers and I can confirm that

Would you mind sharing them, maybe in a seperate thread?

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  25. mikke

The Blissard tour was a highlight, I still remember the very magic night of Yule show in Trondheim when they played Blissard 1 -> 6 for a really surprised audience.

I am still hoping for something like that to happen again, for example
    Ozone, The Ocean in her eye, Vortex Surfer and 577 in the same set

Last tour with Kenneth was not that good (and now we know the reason),
    Tomas & K Lo being newcomers a reduced set is ok (for now).

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  26. BronYAur

"The Blissard tour was a highlight, I still remember the very magic night of Yule show in Trondheim when they played Blissard 1 -> 6 for a really surprised audience."

In Milan, the encore was the ENTIRE Blissard album...

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  27. BronYAur

"Would you mind sharing them, maybe in a seperate thread?"

Sure - what numbers do yuo EXACTLY need?

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  28. Great King Rat

I remember there was a thread here for the songs they played during one tour a couple of years ago, maybe even pre-Kenneth era? People kept track of the setlists and ended up with a beautiful list of how many times what songs were played. Something like 50 different songs in total, some being played just once or twice, others nearly every night. Might be nice for comparison to recent setlists.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  29. Be

I used to do that on here years ago, but I am lacking the enthusiasm nowadays...

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  30. fuzzrules

For the first time after having seen many MP gigs one after the other, yesterday in Tilburg I noticed that they played a lot of songs that were also on the setlist in Amsterdam earlier this week. Three big differences though: Stained Glass, The Wheel and The Golden Core in Tilburg vs Taifun, Un Chien and Plan #1 in Amsterdam. I am just fine with whatever MP feels like doing, and especially with the songs they play from the Tower. Awesome songs, with some real live killers among them. Amazed for instance how uplifting ASFE and Bartok come across. The guys seem to really enjoy playing the new songs. What probably also matters is that Tomas co-created them.

Posted 3 weeks ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.