Camp Motorpsycho » General

2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck

(65 posts)
  • Started 3 weeks ago by Punj Lizard
  • Latest reply from Juergen
  1. Punj Lizard

Is anybody here going to this gig?

As I'm coming from London I don't know anybody who'll be going to the show and would be happy to get together with anyone beforehand (sorry, I don't speak German!). I'll be staying at a hostel somewhere near the Hbf station, so a lift in that direction after the gig would also be handy.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  2. Un.Chien.d.Espace

don't worry, you can take a tram from the bürgerhaus stollwerck to the central station afterwards.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  3. Punj Lizard

@Un.Chien.d.Espace - Thank you! I'll look into it. Usually I'd be happy to walk that distance, but at night in an unknown city I'm not so sure.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  4. Un.Chien.d.Espace

From station "Ubierring" (5 minutes walking distance from the concert location) you can take the tram line 16 in direction "Niehl, Sebastianstr.", which will bring you to the central station.

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  5. Thomas

I'll recommend a nice walk next to the river rhine back to the main station after a spaced out show. It will be the best thing to do to dream on. And I promise, it's safe.
    CU at the show

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  6. mybestfriend83

@ thomas...
    Yeah if the weather is okay that will be our way too after the hell of a show. :STG:.
    Greetings to all of you...

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  7. Tomcat

I'll happily join you guys on my way back to Duesseldorf

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  8. Punj Lizard

You people are great. A walk along the river sounds ideal. Please make yourselves known to me. I'm about 1.85m, balding, with glasses and i'll be wearing a My Sleeping Karma T-shirt for easy identification (see design below).

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  9. Punj Lizard

Posted 3 weeks ago #
  10. Johnny_Heartfield

Hi Punj, just recovered my password after months of inactivity.

I'm living in Köln quite close to the venue (10 minutes on foot), so if you like to get toghere before the gig, just tell me.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  11. Punj Lizard

@ Johnny_Heartfeld - Sounds good. Is there a pub or coffee shop or some such place we can meet? Maybe somewhere near the venue that people would generally meet before going to a gig there?

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  12. Johnny_Heartfield

@ Punj Lizard - There's lots of coffee shops and pubs around Chlodwigplatz - that's the best station to get out of Tram/Underground 16 from Hauptbahnhof. There is also a small cafe inside Stollwerck - but in winter quite limited space, especially before an event.

I usually have my coffee right round the corner from Chlodwigplatz tram station at Cafe Kult - but it's up to you. Depends when you're in town. The early bird might even catch Snah do his shopping with a plastic bag some hours before the gig - happened to me some years before

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  13. Punj Lizard

@ Johnny_Heartfield - Cafe Kult looks good to me. Ticket says Einlass 20:00 / Beginn 21:00. You will know better than me how far in advance we should go to the venue, but I'd be happy to meet any time after 18:00. Let me know when is good for you.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  14. Holle

I'm quiete curious if the Guys will do something special in Cologne next Week.
    This year died first Jaki Liebezeit and later Holger Czukay.
    Both member of the fantatic Cologne Band Can.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  15. Johnny_Heartfield

@ Punj Lizard: I'll be at Cafe Kult around 19.15 - Time for a relaxed cuppa before the gig. Walking is about 10 minutes from there.
    When you leave the tram at Chlodwigplatz just turn right, cross the street and walk to the next corner. Hard to miss:

https://www.google.de/maps/@50.9209565,6.9600999,19z

See you there!

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  16. Punj Lizard

@ Johnny_Heartfield - Excellent, thanks. I'll see you there. I'll be wearing the My Sleeping Karma T-shirt I mentioned (design above) - hopefully you'll be able to spot me! I'm off on holiday from tomorrow - Budapest and Prague before coming to Köln - but I'll check in here regularly.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  17. Johnny_Heartfield

Don't worry, I'll spot you at Kult.

Say Hello to Prague for me - haven't been there for a while.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  18. Punj Lizard

Five days. Getting excited.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  19. Tomcat

You better be Last time they played a looong set at Stollwerck and they are usually extra hot coming right from Italy. Pre happiness is rising here as well, will try to join @ Café Kult

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  20. julieonly

@Tomcat: You´re right. The show in Stollwerk 2016 is in my personal Top 5! Setlist, atmosphere, sound was fantastic. Papenburg was good, Bremen was better, hopefully Cologne will be nearly excellent as last year.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  21. Punj Lizard

@Tomcat - Great! Hope to see you at Kult too then.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  22. mybestfriend83

Yeah almost 4 days....
    Hell yes im gonna rock my ass off like allways...

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  23. Punj Lizard

Landing at Dusseldorf from Prague, listening to Bomb-Proof, I suddenly noticed this.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1626037290781109&id=137481486303371

Posted 1 week ago #
  24. Kenneth Cape Town!

Posted 1 week ago #
  25. Johnny_Heartfield

@ Punj Lizard: Good old synchronicity - or selective perception?
    See you tommorrow.

Posted 1 week ago #
  26. Punj Lizard

@ Johnny_Heartfeld Yes indeed. See you at Kult. And hopefully tomcat too.

Posted 1 week ago #
  27. mybestfriend83

@punj lizard... Maybe your lucky and get go to california... The played it the last two times...

Posted 1 week ago #
  28. mybestfriend83

Just about 3 hours sitting, waiting smoking till i will head for cologne...

Posted 1 week ago #
  29. Punj Lizard

Getting properly psyched now. Just a few hours to go ...

Posted 1 week ago #
  30. Tomcat

I am in the tram but traffic is stopped due to a car accident somewhere ahead of us - timing and route unclear for now :-/

Posted 1 week ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.