1. Punj Lizard

I'm in Cafe Kult now.

Posted 1 week ago #
  2. Blashyrkh

Wish I was there
    Have fun guys!

Posted 1 week ago #
  3. Tomcat

@Punji: I am still trying to get near, will be too late though. // Stopped at a falaffel store at severinstr. between Kult and Stollwerck to eat. Meet you outside for a beer at the venue? // So it worked in the end - enjoy the flight

Posted 1 week ago #
  4. Thomas

Un Chien
    Stained Glass
    The Tower
    EveryDreamHome
    PPP
    Mountain
    The Cukoo
    Schiff der Bekloppten
    Taifun
    ----
    Go to California -->
    Bartok
    Superstooge
    You Lied
    ----
    Fools Gold

3:05

Hell of a show!!!

Posted 1 week ago #
  5. Be

Over 3h?

PPP! Tour Premiere?

Posted 1 week ago #
  6. Punj Lizard

Just got in from the gig. OMFG! I might be able to say more tomorrow.

Posted 1 week ago #
  7. Tomcat

They are in RW form and will burn down Conne Island tomorrow if the level stays this high. Unreal. Wonderful. Pouh ...

Posted 1 week ago #
  8. Johnny_Heartfield

Overwhelming. Started with an incredible 40 minute chien de cologne with Bent changing a string in full flight. Not a weak number tonight, band obviously endjoyed themselves,
    lots of jamming included. Incredible!

Posted 1 week ago #
  9. Mo

PPP! Tour Premiere?

No, they played it in Belgium

Posted 1 week ago #
  10. Mcgie2002

Ab-so-lu-te-ly awesome. Saw three gigs this tour. Probably +30 over the past couple of decades. But this one is really to cherish. All four guys absolutely brilliant. Completely in awe, just can't sleep 😘 Best rockband in the universe. Period.

Posted 1 week ago #
  11. Mcgie2002

(almost there... three to go for those aching muscles and battered voices

Posted 1 week ago #
  12. Punj Lizard

Well it's 4.05am and I am now sitting on a train that is the first leg of three trains that will take me to Amsterdam. I could barely sleep after the gig.

As a teenager I came to Cologne with my dad and German step-mum and saw what was the most impressive building I'd ever seen and which still takes my breath away today - Cologne Cathedral. Forty years later Cologne has given me one of the most breathtaking gigs I've ever seen, courtesy of MP.

I had hoped the band would take the Space Dog out for a walk this evening and they did. A looooong walk. I literally did have trouble catching my breath as they went into spacejam overdrive and not only did Bent break a string, but the tech restrung it for him while he continued to play through the most frenetic section of the piece. I was gasping for air as my mind and body struggled for some kind of stability while also fighting off a kind of hysterical high resulting from what my eyes and ears were witnessing. For a moment I thought I might have to seek out Tomcat who had offered to be my caretaker should any such problem arise. Fortunately the band brought it back and I settled down - huge grin on my face.

We then had four tunes that I'd seen them play in London. All four were better this time, especially Dream Home, though it was Stained Glass which, like in London, really made me swoon. A truly beautiful 10-15 minutes of luscious jam-filled beauty.

Next up Mountain and again I find myself dumbfounded by the organic way in which this band builds a piece on stage.

After The Cuckoo and an exhilirating Ship of Fools, the next highlight was Taifun, which again built to a climax within a climax.

Following the break Bent announced that since we'd "suffered" through all that we could now have this: Go To California, quickly followed by Bartok, Superstooge and You Lied. What fun this weird mix of psychedelic rock, pop, grunge brilliance was to finish off the night. Amazing encore...

But then Fools Gold to send us home delirious.

Astonishing, to say the least.

--------------------
    Thanks to Thomas and Tomcat and Johnny Heartfield for finding me and making me so welcome among the long-time fans, and to the two gents (Erdgil and Board) from Trondheim too.

Hope to see you all again.

Posted 1 week ago #
  13. fillmore

Wow!

Posted 1 week ago #
  14. Be

Any recording?

Posted 1 week ago #
  15. Punj Lizard

I would love a recording if this gig, but I don't do Dime. Maybe someone can help me out. Tomcat? Anyone?

Posted 1 week ago #
  16. Tomcat

For the first time ever I ended with an empty card (f**ed up while placing the recorder and all I have is 46 seconds of gibberish, sorry ) I started to stretch out for other sources - let's hope for a saviour from Mars

There exceptionally splendid performances of songs last night. Still buzzing around in my head ... PPP was tear driving beautiful, as was Stooge-kissing-wheel for a moment and Fools Gold; and Roadwork-worthy versions of many more tracks.

Posted 1 week ago #
  17. mybestfriend83

Was a great opener... Really... And 3 hours were really great... Thomas and the other guy rocked...

Posted 1 week ago #
  18. Punj Lizard

@Tomcat - I can't help but feel somewhat responsible. A distraction at least.

Posted 1 week ago #
  19. Johnny_Heartfield

Still recovering - couldn't sleep till about 4.30 in the morning after that monster of a gig. For those still travelling - hope you reach your destination safe and ready for the next adventures, whether motorpsychedelic or not

@Tomcat - Spacebandit told me on DIME somebody was going to record - was that you? Or probably some other helpful person from Mars? There was enough space drive to reach the outer region of the solar system anyway...

Recording or not - won't forget this gig for a while!

Posted 1 week ago #
  20. Tomcat

@Punjy Lizard: It was my fault only, don't worry at all you could have anything to do with it
    @Johnny: Spacebandit is a realistic connector we have to help us poor fools still stuck somewhere between ground and orbit. Let's see...

Posted 1 week ago #
  21. schnu underberg

oh, what an evening...
    one of the best shows, i have seen
    the 4th horseman was really great. it seems to be better to play with 4.
    the setlist is already framed in the livingroom

Posted 1 week ago #
  22. marc

Great to hear that you Köln attendees had quite a stellar treatment. Hope they keep it up for tonight. Basically, they can play whatever they want, if only they keep Taifun 6 hours to go

Posted 1 week ago #
  23. otherdemon

All yr prayers have been answered!

The mighty Spacebandit + Dimenew saves the day!

Edit: Holy shit, 42 minute version of Un Chien? That has to be one of the longest ever, right?

Posted 1 week ago #
  24. Bartok

@Punji Thanks for the reports, I thoroughly enjoy your fresh input and commitment, I wish more people on your exiled island;) would open their minds to MP – it would be great w more shows over there, I remember seeing them in (I think) Camden around 2001/02, and I brought all my Brit friends who totally loved it, in what must have been a pub, the “stage” was on the floor, or maybe a feet high, and although it was a great show it was a bit ...sad, w mostly Norwegians abroad. But they put on a great show. They should have filled theaters all around the country. It’s Britain! Anyway. Happy that you discovered them and hope you spread the word, the Köln show seems amazing.

@otherdemon Amen!

Posted 1 week ago #
  25. Spacebandit

Good things come to those who wait...have a look @ Dime.
    Feel free to share on Motortrades as well.
    The Cologne Taper Genius made some tears in my eyes..as I was not there...

Posted 1 week ago #
  26. Punj Lizard

@ Bartok - it us a real shame that MP are not much bigger in the UK. They really should be.

Is there anybody here can help me with getting a copy of the gig recording? I don't use DIME and I've never ventured into the whole tape trading world. All the boots I have are vintage 70s ones that are readily available to download. Having been at this gig I have a real desire to get a copy.

Posted 1 week ago #
  27. Blashyrkh

@Spacebandit, will this also be on Motortrades? thx

Posted 1 week ago #
  28. supernaut

Thanks for the upload! Taifun!

Posted 1 week ago #
  29. Guybrush Threepwood

Changing a string in full flight:
    changing a string

Setlist:
    setlist

Posted 1 week ago #
  30. Juergen

Edit: Holy shit, 42 minute version of Un Chien? That has to be one of the longest ever, right?

The K9 suite from Eindhoven 07.05.1999 was even 45 minutes long.

@ Blashyrkh: The recording has been uploaded on motortrades, too.

Posted 1 week ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.