Camp Motorpsycho » General

Cave Tyrannis

(14 posts)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. karmadrome

The shirts on the current tour (as well as the patch and the slipmat) feature the words "Cave Tyrannis" which to me translates to "Beware of the Tyrants". Does anyone know what this refers to?

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  2. Be

Might be referring to the silly lyrics of The Tower "Pray your leaders..."

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  3. Un.Chien.d.Espace

it's the next album's title.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  4. i thought also it might be the next album title as it was with heavy metal fruit back then wehen they sold a shirt with that phrase on it a tour before.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  5. supernaut

I guess it sums up (parts of) the current album's themes. And the shirt looks great, bought it.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  6. JERO

Or...."Tyrants Beware, the great mothership of Love is coming....(my interpretation and reason to wear this t-shirt proud and aloud).And they call Latin a dead language...

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  7. Great King Rat

Actually, only "beware of the tyrants" is a sensible translation, from a linguistic point of view, that is. I agree with Be and Supernaut here, I think it's connected to the lyrics of The Tower (and other songs). And it makes sense, quite a few rather disconcerting figures have surfaced on the world's political stages in recent years. You better beware of them.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  8. JERO

You're probably right, Great King Rat, mine was just a free artistic interpretation. We must beware of them, but they better beware of the Cosmic Rules (instant karma's gonna get ya!) haha!
    By the way, talk about linguistic, there used to be lots of word (and title-)puns in sleevenotes etc. of MP albums, another example of the unstopable flow of ideas and creativity of our guys!
    Cheers! Jeroen

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  9. Great King Rat

Speaking of linguistic playfulness, does anybody know if "Wolkengänger" (German for "cloudwalker") was actually written on the setlists? Or was that the artistic freedom of those who reported the setlists in question?

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  10. Thomas

Sorry, "Wolkengänger" was not written like that on the setlist. It was my artistic freedom, influenced by some, well you kow...
    "Ship of Füüls" in opposite is a quote of the setlist.

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  11. karmadrome

It's quite common around here to reinterpret songnames on setlists - some examples I've encountered so far include L'autre autre cretin, Spacedog or Schiff der Bekloppten

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  12. Great King Rat

True, Karma, but the band does it as well, think of "You lied", "K9", or just recently, "Ship of Füüls". So I wanted to know where this one originated... I think "Schiff der Bekloppten" is really funny, and so is "Internet Explorer".

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  13. Ercarnar

My setlist from tonight says "Un Chien sull'Adda" :lol:

Posted 2 weeks ago #
  14. Be

Thanks people! Intrepid explorer just came up in my Playlist. For the rest of my life I will be unable to unhear Bent singing INTERNET Explorer!

Posted 2 weeks ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.