Camp Motorpsycho » Media stories

A third TDDU supersize concert

(16 posts)

Tags:

1. ThorEgil

I read in the paper Addressa today - there will be a third TDDU concert, on November 18 - in Olavshallen, the Trondheim concert hall. Tickets will be on sale this Friday (they are usually available on http://www.billettservice.no).
    Here's an indirect link to the news nrk.no

- The Adressa article also mentioned some news about releases, the most concrete was an expanded version of Blissard on "up to 4 discs" in the works.
    - The Cathedral concerts was recorded and sounds good, so may be released.
    - The TDDU concerts in the Opera will be filmed, for possible release.
    - They have more stuff created with Ståle Storløkken, will record in October to see what comes out of it.

I'll post the link if the article is published in the web edition.

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. Tomcat

wohoooow, very exciting news (releases)!

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. Vegard B. Havdal

New date: November 19th.

http://www.adressa.no/kultur/article3283727.ece

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. TraktorBass

Oo, supersize Blissard? Sounds interesting.

Also: any of you moustacheclad Adressa-readers up for a scan?

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. gusse

Excellent news!

The cathedral concerts are great and I just looove Blissard. Wouldn't mind extra material from that period if any was available....

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. ThorEgil

Indulge

Posted 5 years ago #
  7. GBD

Jesus christ!!?!

If half of their plans sees the light of day, i'll be a very happy man

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. Rolf

More details on the future plans, according to the article:
    * Expanded Blissard sometime this fall (possibly 4CDs)
    * The gigs in Nidarosdomen and Oslo domkirke were recorded, sound great and might be released.
    * This last week they've gone through notebooks and harddrives and found about 20 songs they wrote inbetween the Unicorn work; Bent thinks there's a really good album "somewhere inside that material". (As mentioned by ThorEgil, this is what they'll record and work on in October.)

Regarding the expanded Blissard: If I remember correctly, they recorded almost an entire (and mostly unreleased) album together with Deathprod at Kunstakademiet in Trondheim in the Blissard period, I believe "Mad Sun" and "Wishing Well" stem from those sessions? I for one hope all that stuff will be released on the expanded Blissard!

Posted 5 years ago #
  9. Tomcat

Sounds like Christmas (as a child

Posted 5 years ago #
  10. TvdR

4 disc Blissard - GREAT!

Posted 5 years ago #
  11. pfnuesel

Wow, 'Wishing Well'... one of my favourite Songs. I might again become a fan after all.

Posted 5 years ago #
  12. otherdemon

Regarding the expanded Blissard: If I remember correctly, they recorded almost an entire (and mostly unreleased) album together with Deathprod at Kunstakademiet in Trondheim in the Blissard period, I believe "Mad Sun" and "Wishing Well" stem from those sessions? I for one hope all that stuff will be released on the expanded Blissard!

Yeah, they recorded a bunch of stuff at Kunstakademiet fall 1994. Only two of those (Mad Sun and The Ballad Of Pat & Put) have been released. Quote Bent from the Hey Jane EP lyrics page:

"recorded fall '94 at KiT (the art acadamy i Trondheim) along with other songs,of which only 'Mad Sun' have been released from this session. The closest we've come to a 'lost album', the other songs tried were : Stalemate,7th dream,Flick of the wrist,When the world sleeps (later cannibalized and used as the intro to 'in the family') & Black w'abbit (by the Alabama Kids).

Posted 5 years ago #
  13. great news!!! looking forward fall...

Posted 5 years ago #
  14. supernaut

awesome infos overload.

Posted 5 years ago #
  15. Smilo

Is there a chance to get the expanded "Blissard" also on vinyl (and maybe the expanded "Timothys Monster" too)? This would be great

Posted 5 years ago #
  16. Tinnie

Got my tickets for the plain and the concert. After Holland, Belgium, Germany en Finland this gonna be the fifth country were I gonna check MP. I'm really looking forward....

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.