A short, and not particularly informative interview in Dagsavisen here:
A couple of quotes:
- Bent says he cried during Neil Young's concert at Roskilde last year (regarding the fact that it is possible to still make great music at 60 - should MP decide to continue for another 20 years)
- Snah is "still trying to learn how to play guitar and sing at the same time"
- The reason they went with Kåre Vestrheim was in particular his work with Hanne Hukkelberg (Bent played bass on her last record)
- They were surprised and delighted by the success of Child Of The Future and the format debate it spawned
- Snah: "The trio format is still what we're good at and interested in exploring"
- Bent: "Now we are a functioning, vital and working band again for the first time in many years"
- Bent: "We're in a position now where people constantly expect us to do something different, and that's the whole point with Motorpsycho. It makes the job easier, in a way, but it also means that we must exert ourselves even more."
- Bent: "We're starting to realise that we might have played for a longer time than we have left. We've got kids, and moved one generation up. That is also seeing death in the white of the eye, and it makes it all the more important to make better, truer and more intricate records, because you never know what will happen next year."