Camp Motorpsycho » General

10.05.13, München

(28 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Thomas
  • Latest reply from otherdemon

Tags:

1. Thomas

Year Zero, Hell, New song (!), Augusto, Ãœberpilgrim, Whip that ghost, Greener, Arne H., Barleycorn, Manmower, L'autre autre cretin, All is lonelyness, Satan goes to California, ... Family, On a Plate, Into the sun, X3, You lied

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. GBD

How was the new song?

and what is L'autre autre cretin?

The other other fool?

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. Anonymous

Hm, i analyzed the setlists of the last 14 days and yes, they surely will play "Wearing y'r smell" AND "Now it's time to skate" in Hamburg on the 12th. So happy about that.

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. Totally spaced out... This was so awesome... No words.... New song is brilliant, great melodies and hooklines.... Arne H., Hell and Other Other Fool sooo huge... Loud and heavy to the end...

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. otherdemon

Wee, I always get excited when MP premieres new songs live!
    So how was the new song? Long and trippy, or short and to the point?

Posted 6 years ago #
  6. roman2k

So it really was a new song and not just one from the new album which they haven't played yet. I would describe it as more catchier and to the point.

Unfortunately, no chance to get the setlist. Almost 3 hours, no worries - but it appeared as they would have played even longer if that guy hadn't gotten on stage at You Lied because they immediately closed off the stage with a curtain. That guy was a drunken ass the whole time and should have been thrown out much sooner.

Posted 6 years ago #
  7. Tomcat

Hmmm - what's wrong with the Munich audience? Bloody drunk people! Was wondering about the setlist ending with You Lied ... tonight Dresden :-))

Posted 6 years ago #
  8. fillmore

New song.

Posted 6 years ago #
  9. 2112

if i recall correctly back in 2008 the munich show ended on a similar note. some drunken ass ruining it for everybody at the end.

Posted 6 years ago #
  10. I don't think it was because of the drunk guy but of some kind of a curfew. Parties at Backstage usually start at 23:00, that's maybe why they started early also (around 20:15?). Yup, totally drunk people in front... Don't drink too much bavarian beer if you never did before....

Posted 6 years ago #
  11. Pictures

Review (german)

Posted 6 years ago #
  12. Motortom

Realy nice concert, they get better and better all the time! and after a nice talk with kenneth we heared thar the guys feel the same! they had alot of fun on stage!!! The level on that the guys play now is totaly mindblowing! what a fun!!!! and all the faces in the room told the same, everybody had a big smile on!
    Yes, lautre autre cretin was the other other fool!
    And to the new song, they call it:
    FORGET IT!
    I realy like it!😊 Thanks alot for the uploud fillmore!
    Greez

Posted 6 years ago #
  13. Motortom

And with a beer and a bit time the settlists will come to you!

Posted 6 years ago #
  14. Motortom

Ah and jep, You Lied is also on the settlists the end! No ? down!

Posted 6 years ago #
  15. Koolbassplayer

Motorpsycho we're awesome last night!! The first time i saw them live (shame on me), but not the last time, that's for sure.

I have all their records (and most of the EP's) since Demon Box, but couldn't find "Into the sun" and "On a plate" on any of them.. Are they live-only tracks or do they have different names as recorded versions (like "You lied")?

Posted 6 years ago #
  16. Sjur577

Into the Sun is from a split single with Hedge Hog from the early nineties. I don't know about On a Plate, though. The new song is amazing!

Posted 6 years ago #
  17. knoot

Posted 6 years ago #
  18. supernaut

I think this one went truly for 3 full hours! The encores were played as one big piece, at least starting from On A Plate. Arne H was more monotonous than say the Roadwork IV version with the fusion bits but it was a hell of a trip. Into the Sun was brilliant. There's a decent 96 or 97 recording, Rockefeller I think, but this one was longer builiding up to a supernoisy climax. I think it was in Whip that Bro where Snah went all Zappa/Santana. Reine did some soloing too, but I stood more on Snah's side and couldnt hear him too well. I felt the new song would fit the Eggplant record on a lighter note, or IALC or Phanerothyme.
    I was next to the drunkards. They just drank the whole show through. Unbelievable. Though really annoying was only one of them. And one other dude who showed up in the encores was especially annoying but he was only there for a couple of songs.

Spacecowboy, you met Kenneth after the show? Oh why did I leave...

Posted 6 years ago #
  19. TAF

@Sjur577: On a Plate was a song they abandoned back in 90-91 or thereabouts, and then picked up again and finished late 2010.

Posted 6 years ago #
  20. supernaut

for the heck of it listed like this:

Year Zero
    Hell
    New song (!)
    Augusto
    Ãœberpilgrim
    Whip that ghost
    Greener
    Arne H.
    Barleycorn
    Manmower
    L'autre autre cretin
    All is lonelyness
    Satan goes to California

Family
    On a Plate
    Into the sun
    X3
    You lied

---

the windbreaker came in handy today in bitter munich and the kids shirt is awesome. hope someone will be happy.

Posted 6 years ago #
  21. Koolbassplayer

Thanks for filling the gaps of information.. Yeah, there was on drunk guy who was really annoying (sining "All is loneliness" on and on though the song was already finished..)

Reine was great, i really love his playing.. You should check his stuff with "Dungen" and "The Amazing" and espacially his early works with "Landberk"..

By the way.. Is "Motortrade" still alive, and is there anychance to get invited?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdeSZfV42kA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt5PRQTh1K4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HomU_1KVfYM

Posted 6 years ago #
  22. karmadrome

The Gig was super-intense. There were so many highlights I won't even start.
    Satan goes to California was a great surprise, Ãœberpilgrim melted my brain and Barleycorn made me go insane. What a trip.

Does anyone know how long they actually played?

I'd be more than thankful for a motortrade invitation, too..

Posted 6 years ago #
  23. supernaut

it went for almost or even full 3 hours.

Posted 6 years ago #
  24. pfnuesel

2h45 it was.

Posted 6 years ago #
  25. Motortom

Yep, my Old Friend Mr.Zodiac Astrografic sayd 2h45. Start 20h15. End amost exactly 23h

Posted 6 years ago #
  26. Motortom

You mean the most famous drummer in the world? yep, we met him. Realy nice talk and a realy nice guy too! i will never wash my hand Skaal

Posted 6 years ago #
  27. supernaut

he is. had a quick chat once after a Monolithic show. and during the LLM tour with all 3 of them. but this time I had to make do with seeing mika häkkinen from afar on some pr thing in the city centre on sunday.

Posted 6 years ago #
  28. otherdemon

Thanks to Wulf and Juergen, this gig is now available on Motortrades.

Thanks a lot guys!

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.