Camp Motorpsycho » General

Motorpsycho - Behind The Sun (new album 2014)

(285 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by otherdemon
  • Latest reply from suntripper
  1. ThorEgil

Hm, maybe we should be careful about killing a good alias here, but "Bob LeBad" (as it was actually spelled when I checked) would in English be called "Bubb LeBath" and I believe he's sitting closer to the source than most...

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. supernaut

Bubb LeBath this never came to my mind.... good one.

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. otherdemon

Some more info from Plattentests.de:

Elf fantastische Songs, die zwischen großen Melodiebögen und dem Abdriften in psychedelische Improvisations-Parts stilsicher pendeln und damit die sowieso eingeschworene Motorpsycho-Fangemeinde einmal mehr in Verzückung zu versetzen werden.

Eleven great songs that oscillate between large stylish melodies and the drift into psychedelic improvisational parts and so the knit anyway Motorpsycho fan base once more to put in ecstasy.

http://www.plattentests.de/forum.php?topic=83615&seite=1

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. otherdemon

And here's the first video-teaser from Behind The Sun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlbPc8ECebY

Kvestor made it onto the album!

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. kippenhok

Suppose that's a play on Iron Maiden's 'Where Eagles Dare'?

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. crossskip

Haha, was thinking the same. Sounds way too similair not be one =p

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. kippenhok

also, do we know who will produce the album?

hoping it's an outside producer - as much as i love this band, i'm struggling to enjoy their self-produced albums (BH/BC, RW4, SWE) due to the sound quality. real shame as i think BH/BC is their most under-rated album that got some excellent songs and ideas, evidenced by the live versions.

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. Neil Tesor

"...in a tale of treachery & greed, as well as inspirational, inhuman self-sacrifice: "Behind The Sun" [a ThunderTrønder Production!]
    Guess Bent is the producer..

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. cjacob

Bent once said that John Paul Jones was the only producer That Motorpsycho wanted to work with....We all now Kåre Vesterheim did a great Producer Job...But i have to say Deathprod and John paul Jones Work together. And releasing a record soon. So there is not a long wayy....So maby one day John Paul Jones is the producer of a motorpsycho record...

And about Bent as a producer...I Think the Thunder Trønder is a great producer....

Jacob.

Posted 7 years ago #
  10. TAF

Seems pretty likely, since the opening drum break is also lifted verbatim from that song.

The ending break is also used in as the very ending to the song "Black Sabbath".

Also, the number sequence in the teaser seems to be geographical coordinates.

Posted 7 years ago #
  11. Neil Tesor

That`ll be the coordinates for Brygga Studio, right?

Posted 7 years ago #
  12. ThorEgil

Exactly

Posted 7 years ago #
  13. stereosofa

hoping it's an outside producer - as much as i love this band, i'm struggling to enjoy their self-produced albums

I agree with that.
    sometimes I already thought "what a pity, so much brilliance is buried in muddy sound." not even steve albini - the lord of pure sound - could tame them.

a steven wilson mix for a motorpsycho album would be the icing on the cake i.m.o.

Posted 7 years ago #
  14. If that's the album sound it's pretty great. i must agree on swe (and bh/bc ...) the sound wasn't the best.

Posted 7 years ago #
  15. Ivan

in my opinion "TU" has the best sound and "BHBC" has the worst

Posted 7 years ago #
  16. supernaut

Agree with TU having the best sound but couldn't really point out the worst. I wish LLM and the Unicorn would sound clearer with the drums more upfront.

My other other hero John Paul Jones producing them, that's what I'd love to hear! That great Trust Us album does have a Physical Graffiti vibe for me already.

Posted 7 years ago #
  17. odindahle

Steven Wilson mix of Little Lucid Moments would be insane!
    Or Steven Wilson as producer and choirboy

Posted 7 years ago #
  18. trolland

Tracklist for "Behind the sun", acording to Platekompaniet:

Cloudwalker (A darker blue)
    Ghost
    On a plate
    The promise
    Kvæstor (incl: Where greyhounds dare)
    Hell, pt.4-6 (traitor, the tapestry, swiss cheese mountain)
    Entropy
    The magic & the Wonder (A love theme)
    Hell, pt.7 (Victim of rock)

Posted 7 years ago #
  19. kippenhok

Swiss cheese mountiain??? Didn't they play a song what that name a few times in 1997?

Posted 7 years ago #
  20. otherdemon

Looks like all of the new songs except Forget It (or changed title?) made the record.

Excited about the Hell-sequels. And also about MP's definition of a "love theme"

They actually also played a song called Swiss Cheese Mountain a couple times back in 1997. It's referred to as a version of Mountain, but after hearing the Rome '97 bootleg, I doubt it. Sounded more like a very early version of Star Star Star.

I'm not less excited now! On the contrary.

Posted 7 years ago #
  21. fillmore

Hell pt. 4-7!!!

Posted 7 years ago #
  22. supernaut

I remember hearing them sing Swiss Cheese Mountain over a stomping sludgy riff at a 97 soundcheck. Later I thought it might have been an early version of The Other Other Fool when I heard that one on RW1. But all too long ago to be sure.

Posted 7 years ago #
  23. otherdemon

I remember hearing them sing Swiss Cheese Mountain over a stomping sludgy riff at a 97 soundcheck. Later I thought it might have been an early version of The Other Other Fool when I heard that one on RW1. But all too long ago to be sure.

Yeah, I couldn't describe it any better than that. Remember it being a sludgy monotone riff in either D or E while they "sang" SWISS....CHEESE....MOUNTAIN in a talking way. Unfortunately I deleted the Rome '97 bootleg from my hard drive because the sound left a lot to be desired. Slightly regret it now

It would be hilarious if they resurrected that old song as well, when they did the same with On A Plate.

Posted 7 years ago #
  24. Krist Rampage

[quote]They had spawned the deadening, self-gratifying effects of d’Twerk and the narcotic, emotional stranglehold of the s-Elfie, and these evils combined seemed to hold a sway over the younglings that nulled the effects that the glorious keening of the Atonians and the mighty friendly fog of the Weedians once brought to the table.

Cool that they mention the Weedians. A reference to Sleep? What to make of that? A druggy album? Heavy stoner?

I am, as always, looking forward to this release! I love the teaser. Cool that they're making a music video as well. It's about time! I looks like this is a somewhat bigger release promo wise than the last few records. That only makes me expect more from this one.

I wonder why the vinyl i some much more expensive than the cd edition. Konkurrent (Dutch distributor) has the vinyl listed for 27,90, while the cd costs 16,50. That is one big difference. I wonder what makes the vinyl edition so special that is costs this much more than the cd.

Posted 7 years ago #
  25. ThorEgil

It's supposedly 1 1/2 lp with an etching on the spare side, and including a cd. That might account for some price difference.

Posted 7 years ago #
  26. ThorEgil

Comment from Sid Smith on the new album:
    "Playing it now - sounding great so far; like Still Life With Eggplant's unfinished business."

Posted 7 years ago #
  27. supernaut

I guess the CD included with the vinyl is simply the album's CD edition?

I hope it's not a heavy stoner record. Way too many of those around.

Posted 7 years ago #
  28. crossskip

That Maiden-reference turns out to be a great marketing trick =p Lots of interviews with Kenneth about his love for the band.

Posted 7 years ago #
  29. marc

30. nicoot

Well that sounded pretty friggin' damn awesome!!
    Haha that last track (Hell pt 7) sounded completely over the top

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.