Camp Motorpsycho » General

AADAP Deluxe Edition box set

(106 posts)
  1. petterfe

I hear rumours of an upcoming deluxe edition of Angels And Daemons At Play. It's probably planned for release in 2017, 20 years after the original.

Since the CD, 3xCDEP and 2xLP versions of AADAP are all different, it would be great to have everything from these sessions in one place.

I guess there will be the usual bonus material recorded during the sessions and/or released on compilations in the same period. Anything else?

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. tkm

Motorpsycho performs Angels and deamons at Play at some festival(s)?

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. That would be just great!

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. kjellepelle

I believe that there isn't to much bonus material outside the the eps so I'm curious what they chose to add..

- Mot riving ep w/ TSK
    - We Sail out far
    - Ellediller...
    - Soniche Avventure III
    - Gamle Moder Jord -

Anything else??

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. Kid A

Maybe some live stuff? I had the pleasure to hear a version of WOTW jamming into Black Sabbath´s Paranoid waaayyy back on the Trust Us Tour. And it´s allowed to dream of an anniversary tour, performing the whole album together with Geb. (It won´t happen )

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. petterfe

I wonder if they will include the three EPs as they were originally released and then put the remaining album tracks on a bonus disc along with other stuff, or if they will try to make a 2CD album by combining tracks from all versions of the album.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. kjellepelle

Or original (vinyl ed??) album pluss eps

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. grindove

-"Motorpsycho performs Angels and deamons at Play at some festival(s)?"
    -"And it´s allowed to dream of an anniversary tour, performing the whole album"

Am I the only one in the world that's totally against the "whole album in its entirety" live trend that never seem to come to an end? Really, when seeing bands play live I wanna be surprised when every song ends and the next one starts, and I think that this is one of many things that make Motorpsycho awesome - not being predictable during shows/tours.
    The show I attended on the "Unicorn" tour was probably the least good Mp gig I've seen (good for being rock music, but not exciting compared to Mp's otherwise super high standard), and when fans here started to wish for a whole tour of complete "Demon box" album performances (after a few successful and appreciated shows of that), I just thought "let's NOT travel anywhere to attend one of those, if it happens"

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. kjellepelle

Too right Ove but I have to say the Demon Box shows (at least the one I saw) was excellent.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. petterfe

Too right Ove but I have to say the Demon Box shows (at least the one I saw) was excellent.

I concur. The Demon Box show we saw in Trondheim was excellent. And they changed the order of the songs a little bit for the show.

The Unicorn is a special case in point, as that album was meant to be performed as a whole piece live.

But in general I prefer to be surprised by MP. I love the feeling of rarely knowing what comes next!

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. ThorEgil

I will guess that after having done 38 theatrical shows with the same setlist day after day (an absolutely recommendable play btw), they will be utterly vaccinated against doing something like that again for a while

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. mefisto

I agree that one show with an entire album is enough.
    Yes, the Demon Box show was just great!
    I still regret seeing 6-7 Unicorn shows on that tour, even skipping one in Italy....enough is enough....

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. kippenhok

Since every fan has a choice if they wish to attend a show, let's leave it up to the band to consider if they want to play full album shows.

Let's appreciate that they give us so many opportunities to see them live, and in so many locations in Europe and beyond.

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. grindove

I trust you concerning those Demon Box shows. I bet even I had worshipped, of course And altered track order brings a little, and just enough, unpredictability to it - good!

About Unicorn: actually I've never seen any need for the whole thing to be performed as one piece. I enjoy the album at home and in my headphones - believe me - but I had appreciated if they skipped about half of it live. I thought it felt a bit forced. And most parts work fine as individual songs on their own, I'd say.

Yes, kippenhok, of course it's up to the band members to choose whatever they want to play - I'm not saying anything else. I needed to air my feelings, which everyone is free to do I've felt so alone not supporting the "Whole Album" trend

Less opinions = boring! More opinions = fun! (That's just MY opinion.)

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. crossskip

Not that big a fan of the whole album thing either. I quite liked what they did with Blissard on the SLWE-tour a few years ago, with only 2 (right?) album shows. The rest of the shows of the tour were also filled with Blissard songs, but nicely interwoven within the usual setlists. Even got to see Mad Sun on a frikkin festival-set. Think I appreciated those songs even more as surprises than when they're announced to be played, even if I didn't got to see that 'much' Blissard songs (still alot tho!).

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. BronYAur

I tend to agree with grindove, and the band does too: they only dedicate a few shows to entire albums.
    But when they played Blissard AS AN ENCORE in a 3 hours show in Milan, well, I was quite happy!

All this speculation, does it mean that the guys have a new drummer? Did I miss anything?

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. kjellepelle

No, It started as a discussion on what will be available on the forthcoming AADAP Box and just took off from there...

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. petterfe

Yeah, let's get back on track! Hahahaha!

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. Elvin

on what will be available on the forthcoming AADAP Box

Is this official (yet?) or just wishful thinking and/or rumors?

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. kjellepelle

Semi official

Posted 1 year ago #
  21. Elvin

Nice! Looking forward to it

Posted 1 year ago #
  22. supernaut

Want!

I've never really paid too much attention to the lost "When The World Sleeps" album from Blissardeluxe, but today I had a long countryroad cardrive through autumn sunset while listening to it. That thing is a masterpiece! Definitely want more of MP's lost 90s gems.

Posted 1 year ago #
  23. cjacob

Agree Super....When The World Sleeps are awesome... Is sucks they released on the cd box... That is one of the records i realy NEEEED on a great Vinyl.....

Posted 1 year ago #
  24. knoot

Take a look here: http://tinyurl.com/z2twjmy

K

Posted 1 year ago #
  25. shakti

DISC 1: angels and daemons at play vol. 1 the original album - baby scooter 1/sideway spiral I 2/you lied 3/heartattack mac 4/pills, powders and passion plays 5/in the family

DISC 2: angels and daemons at play vol. 2 the original album - have spacesuit will travel 1/un chien d'espace 2/have spacesuit, will travel 3/ohm's concerto for alto & soprano saw

DISC 3: angels and daemons at play vol. 3 the original album – lovelight 1/sideway spiral II 2/like always 3/stalemate 4/starmelt/lovelight 5/timothy's monster

DISC 4: angels and daemons at play vol. 4 the ones that got away: b-sides, rarities & live recordings 1/starmelt/lovelight 2/up our sleeves 3/wishing well 4/flick of the wrist 5/instamatic 6/back to source 7/caterpillar § 8/king bong hop § 9/star dancer vs car cancer 10/la'moen rag 11/baby jesus II 12/mad sun 13/nature's way 14/syk 15/un chien d'espace § 16/timothy in the magic city

DISC 5: angels and daemons at play vol. 5 rockefeller, march 14, 1997, part 1 § 1/komet 2/s. t. g. 3/kill some day 4/like always 5/heartattack mac 6/pills, powders and passion plays 7/the nerve tattoo 8/young man blues 9/starmelt/lovelight

DISC 6: angels and daemons at play vol. 6 1/rockefeller, march 14, 1997, part 2 § 2/un chien d'espace 3/sideway spiral II 4/you lied 5/hogwash 6/the one that went away 7/nothing to say 8/into the sun the golden core § previously unreleased

Posted 1 year ago #
  26. shakti

Slightly disappointing package...mostly already released stuff, plus the Rockefeller '97 gig which is nice, but something most psychonauts will have heard many, many times before. But it will be nice to finally have all of the original album in digital format since I missd out on the original 3xEP release.

Posted 1 year ago #
  27. shakti

Oh, and the site says it will be out December 9.

Posted 1 year ago #
  28. supernaut

Oh that 97 Rockefeller show is very welcome! They were on fire that night and finally getting a proper audio is reason enough to buy this. And King Bong Hop? Now that's a promising title.

Posted 1 year ago #
  29. Elvin

Very welcome indeed. Double live, yes please. I don´t think I´ve heard this before.

I don´t think this is disappointing at all; 3 discs of extra stuff! Even though most of the EP tracks are well known, it´s always nice to get them compiled. Plus there is probably a live un´chien on disc 4 as well. I thought maybe they would release it as a CD version of the LP ala the demon box box (with back to source, spacesuit..), plus a couple of extra discs. Getting the album in the original 3xEPs version is a bonus, as I only have the LP version.

Compared to most "deluxe editions" out there, these MP boxes feels genuinely loved and curated. The TM box had more or less just 1 disc of "new" and rare music , disc 3 being most of it all over again, but the context with listening to the first version, the booklet and everything is just wonderful.
    Excited, as always.

Posted 1 year ago #
  30. petterfe

Yes, this looks good! And it's out sooner than I thought. Just in time for X-mas, hehehe!

A lot of psychonauts know the show included on the last two discs. I was there and remember it very well. Having an official release of a good show is never wrong.

I'm curious about "Un Chien d'Espace" on disc 4. Could it be from when they performed it live to the film "Un Chien Andalou" at Cinemateket in Oslo? That would be cool.

Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.