Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

If you could choose which drummer to replace geb

Posted by frikk 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: If you could choose which drummer to replace geb
May 13, 2005 08:23PM
Can's Jaki Liebezeit, oh yeah.
m.e
May 14, 2005 02:46PM
haha. frost.. that would have been fun. haha
mike portnoy. not in a million years he has that kind of feeeeling
keith moon.- he could never play on the slow songssmiling smiley
I`m not sure what ti suggest myself, but maybe chamberlain would have been right for them. or maybe olaf from bigbang?
dag
May 15, 2005 02:42AM
ofcourse Bent plays good drums; he's a drummer afterall. or at least he used to be.
May 16, 2005 01:11PM
If someone wants to contact Michel Schoots.
His mailadres is michel_schoots@hotmail.com (no kiddin)

Check out his drumming with jah wobble, Invaders of the heart and recently with soulwax.

RRRockin
May 21, 2005 09:33PM
What about the swedish Beefheart/Zappa fan Morgan Ã…gren? A fantastic improviser and tight as hell. And since he was kind enough to volunteer himself, I really wouldn't mind Brendan playing winking smiley.

Another great alternative would be Primus' the Herb or the craziest drummer in the world - Yoshida Tatsuya from Ruins. He's a walking, talking musical genius.

I also want to see the Residents doing backing vocals on the next MP album grinning smiley
May 21, 2005 10:44PM
>Can's Jaki Liebezeit, oh yeah.<

OH YEAH!
bedtime
May 23, 2005 02:15AM
this guy from the dresden dolls.
rpt
May 23, 2005 03:24AM
i would choose either sonic youth drummer or the soundtrack of our lives drummer.they have a good feeling of drum potential.yeah, i think they would fit.
May 23, 2005 01:53PM
since keith and bonzo are dead, it shall be someone like the guy from tortoise. or the one from do make say think. some jazzy intellectual drummer with balls. jaki liebezeit would be cool as well.
no boom tschak boomboom tschak powerrockdrummer pleeeze.
rpt
May 23, 2005 02:03PM
i totally agree with you...some jazzy intellectual...with balls...100% agree.i think though,that a new drummer would made me lost that psycho feeling...geb snah and bent...so, i purpose a studio session drummer and a live drummer, but not directly conected with the band.
Aske
May 25, 2005 04:38PM
Børge Fjordheim.
Onkel
May 25, 2005 07:53PM
Aske Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Børge Fjordheim.

Good stuff! At last someone who agrees with me!
Cheers..
May 31, 2005 02:31AM
Børge Fjordheim would've been great - he fits the format, and he kinda reminds me of Geb.

I really think that KÃ¥re Pedersen, the drummer from KÃ¥re and The Cavemen would've done a great job too - not so much on the old stuff perhaps. I've seen him a couple of times live, and he and Gebhardt shares the ability to "pour gasoline on the fire" using really big cymbals.

Portnoy, Copeland and Moon? Portnoy would carpetbomb the songs with splashcymbals/bassdrumrolls/cowbells etc. in a really disgusting way. Copeland would do the oposite - he would play too little. And Moon couldn't use a hihat properly - which Gebhardt definetly could and did. A lot. Moon the loon was the only drummer right for the who - and the who was the only band right for him.

Some of my dreamchoices: Danny Heifetz (Mr. Bungle), Tony Williams, Stanton Moore (Check out "In the Arms of God" by corrosion of conformity!) - but the really perfect choice would be Dale Crover of the Melvins - he's got the will to experiment, the technique to pull it off, and the balls to take Motorpsycho to the next level. Bent would really have his work cut out for him.

Also, check out the dude from The Mormones, Simen something.
May 31, 2005 02:48AM
Mr Wrong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> And since he was kind enough to volunteer himself,
> I really wouldn't mind Brendan playing .

if only!
smiling smiley
:lol:
smiling smiley
Onkel
May 31, 2005 10:11AM
Erland Dahlen is a VERY good norwegian drummer too, played with Kaada and Madrugada and lots of other stuff.

I've heard him do very nice impro-things with Xploding Plastix and a guitarist, he was VERY experimental.
And since he's been playing with Kaada and Madrugada (not heard him with the latter, though), he manage the pop too!

In other words:
Pretty please, with sugar on top, choose either him or Børge! Or BOTH! grinning smiley
June 18, 2005 12:33PM
i think herb the drummer of primus would be a great idea...
bring back the rock ladies........
star power
June 18, 2005 03:00PM
Dave grohl

ahahahahah
June 18, 2005 08:07PM
I could try! smiling smiley
(check the post "another band inspired by the gods" to see what i'm good for

But seriously; I think a man named Stig Rune Holien (from the prog rock band Metrognom - www.metrognom.com) could be a fine candidate. He's got the skills needed and then some

June 21, 2005 05:49PM
I would choose myself.
June 23, 2005 08:20AM
Oh man. i saw an old genesis vid here the other day. From Belgium Television anno 1972-73. Holy crap, those guys could play! Especially Collins & Banks. Some of those drumfills are just fantastic! Too bad he's skills have faded with the years....

And speaking of golden oldies; I think the drummer from The Jimi Hendrix Experience would have been a fine choice. But again....time flies

But seriously; Stig Rune Holien (www.metrognom.com) or Frode Isaksen (www.psychoticnorth.com). Both more than worthy candidates
Back to Motorpsycho home page