Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another band inspired by the gods

Posted by The Golden Blissard Demon 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The Golden Blissard Demon
Another band inspired by the gods
June 14, 2005 03:05PM
I've been making music for quite some time now. Stretching from electronica and bigbeat to post-rock. These last 2 months i've been jamming with some friends of mine, just for kicks. Tho we recorded our 2 first sessions, and surprisingly, it came out rather good (atleast in my ears).
All 3 musichians have been listening to MP for years, and it's safe to say that our jamming spirits were fuled from listening to all those wonderful MP grooves (both live and on cd)

I'm eager to hear what you guys and girls think of out litlle "just for kicks" project;

[finally.mine.nu] - Post link in browser for direct streaming - 17 minutes of music

Lineup;

Jakob Arntzen (Me) - Drums/synth/fx/mellotron/Post production
Ole I, Jorgensen - Bass
Jorgen Holmen - Guitar/Post Production

Note; The song isn't exactly MP related when it comes to sound, but it's based on the same working methods as MP use while jamming up their own goodies (like TGC, TW, Tristano etc). Note; I'm actually a guitarist, so the drumming was rather new to me (been playing for like 1/2 year now, and apologize for the occational flaw here and there). + the synth/fx/mellotron parts are added afterwards (tho to capture the jammin' spirit which concieved this tune, i did it all realtime) Also notice that the sound quality could have been better

Enjoy and slaughter at will
jtr
Re: Another band inspired by the gods
June 15, 2005 12:51AM
Well, I'm currently 6 minutes "in" that song, and so far I like it. Great bassline, spacey feeling. Good work! smiling smiley
The Golden Blissard Demon
June 15, 2005 10:01AM
Thanks man! Ole I has some nice progressions on the bass (he's been a prog-rock fanatic for years, and has picked up some tricks from this)
Abel
June 15, 2005 11:43AM
Sweet...

Very nice outro!
June 16, 2005 12:18PM
Seriously? Actually the "lame" ending was due to the fact that the hard drive in which we recorded the separate tracks was unstabile. In other words; It suddently stopped recording in the middle of the session. So to try and smooth things out, i added that mellotron sound at the end,to give it a kind of finish.

June 18, 2005 08:09PM
Come on folks; Listen to it please! Would be nice with some more feedback + you might just like what you're hearing
Onkel
June 18, 2005 11:42PM
How have you recorded it?

It's good stuff, although not very tight, but that comes with time.

How you dare to post it here astonish me.. hehe.. I'm sure we all have had our spaced-out jams, but it takes a lot of nerve to publish it on Da Net! Respect!

Keep playing!
June 20, 2005 08:03AM
Thanks for the feedback. That tune was taken from our 2nd jam together,so there's definetly room to tight up.
The music is made for kicks, and so is posting it. We don't have any release plans or anything. We just made it, and so now we'd like to know what you guys think of it. It's as simple as that smiling smiley
Back to Motorpsycho home page