Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

more 'roadworks' to come?

Posted by jokke 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
more 'roadworks' to come?
June 16, 2005 07:53AM
does anyone know if there are more 'roadwork' compilations in the chute?

vol. 1 is a f****n' cracker...especially the 'super/wheel', 'you lied' and 'black to comm' combo

if not are there anyone out there who are willing to provide some live shows for me? i don't have anything to trade though, seeing i have been in australia for the past 3 years and catching them live donwunder is somewhat of an improbability...

cheers

-j-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2005 07:54AM by jokke.
Marty Innerlogic
Re: more 'roadworks' to come?
June 16, 2005 02:39PM
Still waiting for Roadwork III...
June 17, 2005 08:32AM
have anyone listened to roadwork II? i've onle done so briefly and i am thinking i might have missed something...can anyone give a good review of this album?
June 17, 2005 12:23PM
I can tell you this much; Listen to it. It's fab!
Especially the versions of The weel and Golden Core.
Jazzed up versions, though they really work!!
jtr
June 18, 2005 01:49AM
RWII is a really weird, fucked up and twisted record. in one way or another. its metal overkill and freejazz at the same time. no, I cant say that I enjoy it, thou the three MP songs on it (golden core, wheel, grindstone) are quite impressive and spaced out. the material from the Source - well, I wont call it over the top.. smiling smiley
star power
June 18, 2005 03:04PM
I hope!!!!!!!
June 18, 2005 03:05PM
I absolutely don't understand why there still isn't a Roadwork 3. Probably the band and/or the label don't give it any priority. I thought the Roadwork series was gonna be huge, since Motorpsycho has done so many different things live, like playing with the Jagga Jazzist horn section, playing the Molde Jazz fest and more. I just can't believe that there isn't enough good material to put out. But hey, it's all worth a wait i guess.....would be fun though if they finally go deeply in the vaults and put out a Roudwork 3 8 lp set or something like that.
June 20, 2005 11:25PM
them neglecting the RW-series to this utterly beyound comprehensible extent is so very sad, shortsighted and dissappointing, imo. i mean, it's not like as if it would be THAT difficult to choose material. at least a handful of classics would make a sure shot & would give them RW issues up to vol. 10 or something. i'd be certainly a cool way to keep the word of MP alive (particularly during the hiatus right now), to give the fans what they want as well as to actually earn some money. so what the fuck?

--alex
June 21, 2005 03:52PM
My point exactly Alex. Do it for us then!
June 22, 2005 03:52PM
i agree. Especially with the part that it'd be a lucrative thing to do in these "dry" periods + (again mentioned) with that shitload of gigs to choose from, it'd be a pretty easy thing to get together. Tho it would be even nicer with a RW DVD instead ( i would think that the guys have access to just as much video footage as audio)
Back to Motorpsycho home page