Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Waiting for something to happen...

Posted by theOtherOtherNils 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
theOtherOtherNils
Waiting for something to happen...
August 29, 2005 04:09PM
You know we have to wait for a new MP-album till next year...
so why can't they release RWIII? Wasn't there somebody who said that Snah was listening to all the stuff from the Love Cult tour and maybe the previous stuff with Baard on keys? Hasn't he found enough ass-kicking material? I can't imagine that! It would really make sense to me that they would put out some live-material of the "Baard-phase" which would represent what they did the last 5 or 6 years... So what happend, that they have put their plan aside to release some new live-material?...

And also: What happend to the AADAP-rerelease? Isn't there enough money or what? On the stickman-website is a banner which tells us since a year that it's going to be released soon? What happened to that?
Re: Waiting for something to happen...
August 29, 2005 05:42PM
Who knows.....
I think the best thing to do now is to let the psychos do their thing in their own tempo, and stop nagging for releases. After all, it's a pretty big thing they're going through these days. Glorydays will come again, just give them the time they need to make it happen...
hmmm
August 29, 2005 06:04PM
While we're waiting, why not go to a HGH-show. I was, and it was almost the perfect show. Gebhardt and Hagfors together is dynamite.
Lars
August 29, 2005 07:05PM
Woohooo! I saw Baard, now for some weeks ago playing at "Notodden Bluesfestival"! He playd bass together with a cool bluesband! Yeah!
August 30, 2005 04:55PM
i asked stickman about the AADAP rereleas...they said that the cover artwork went lost...so they can´t print it. "???????.....
thorben
August 31, 2005 04:13AM
It's a sad thing, but sometimes I dont know what I have to think about MP in the last time. There are absolutely no infos about the problem that they need a new drummer, nothing to hear about RW3 -the last real mp album was 2002 no gigs no statements, and I thought that mp is one of this bands that have a close relationship to their fans, I don't can believe it anymore and so there gone a lot of good feelings to them .
sad sad sad-I loved them very,very much!!!
T.
Dan
August 31, 2005 03:08PM
Motorpsycho released one record per year during a perdiod of over 10 years! That´s incredible. Especially because of the fact they didn´t release any very bad stuff, constantly reinventing themselves, their music and style. So give them a time to breathe deeply cause no one can be creative in a positive way forever or withouth taking breaks! And you know they want to release something good so it´s just time for a break! Better something good late than something average in a short time. There´s enough of that out there.
And also Motorpsycho isn´t life and should not be. It´s a fantastic band that can make life moments very intense and special but it´s still "just" a rock band.
September 01, 2005 06:08PM
And by the way, they did an Asian Tour. And that´s not only fun, it must be hard work. Then they return, do the Tussler-Album only half a year later, and then in the middle of the songwriting-process (I guess), Geb leaves. That the new album will be out at next year´s beginning is faster than anyone can expect.
September 03, 2005 03:28PM
Well, there still is no good explination why there isn't a Roadworks 3 yet. High time, its about high time......
September 04, 2005 12:30AM
Yeah...high time to cool your jets and let the psychos follow their own pace.
September 04, 2005 10:18AM
o yeah off course, but i still think it is disappointing that the Roadwork series never really became a serie, but just two records. We all know that there must be enough good stuff to release.
September 04, 2005 07:11PM
Well don't dismiss it like it's a thing not happening. Perhaps leaving the rw3 still unreleased is a part of a bigger picture only known to bent and snah?! Judging by their bond to the fans, i for one would think that this whole thing is connected somehow, rather than to label them as not being true to their fans. Meaning that all these releases talked about will come eventually. They just has to fit in with their current (and highly irregular) scedule. Of course, this is just my thoughts and hopes. All in all we'll just have to wait and see

Though, while waiting for news, try listening to all the wonderful old stuff once more, or do what i did to spice things up abit; I compiled all the singles (with all the unreleased stuff) onto cds, and now i've got 2 cds of almost exclusively smashing mp material to comfort me. I call them;

* Another ugly Compilation
* Yet another ugly compilation

smiling smiley
Wet Dog
September 06, 2005 04:15PM
While we're waiting for something to happen, Snah keeps his strings warm on stage. Last night he played a full set with Dog and Sky, a band led by Matt Burt of Demon Box and Blissard poetry fame. The event took place at Blaest in Trondheim, the occation being the release of Dog and Sky's debut 7" When You Die, on Crispin Glover Records.
Penny Lane
September 08, 2005 01:35PM
Yes, it's pretty much the truth there are a lot of psychonauts out there who've been craving for some news on their favourite band.

I guess time will tell...
Back to Motorpsycho home page