Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Promotion Thread - Post your music here

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Vincent
Re: Promotion Thread - Post your music here
February 03, 2007 07:26PM
Ill make some tunes once in a while

listen to them here:

www.myspace.com/vincent2911

my old band:
www.myspace.com/chucknorrisnl
April 04, 2007 11:17AM
hello people,
my jam-band is at "MYSPACE" now
we are not professional musicians
hope you like it smiling smiley

www.myspace.com/psychonauts2003

into the void we have to travel
jtr
April 04, 2007 04:13PM
For all those who are fluent in German, there is an article about one of my bands in a local newspaper:

http://static.twoday.net/jtr/images/woche20070404klein.jpg
(bigger picture)

I'm the blonde one (or to say it even simpler: the one with the hair..) - did you notice something about my clothes? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2007 04:19PM by jtr.
April 04, 2007 04:34PM
Nice article jtr! But one question: Is that really you, the guy who I met during the last German TITS-Tour with akane?!? Or has your look changed that much... ? Confused... winking smiley
jtr
April 04, 2007 04:53PM
Yep thats really me. I had consinderably shorter hair back in 2004 and no beard, so yep, my look has changed quite a bit.

edit: have a look here: [members.chello.at]
That was me in October 2004.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2007 04:56PM by jtr.
April 06, 2007 04:16AM
Hmm... yeah, that´s more you as I remember... winking smiley

To add to the actual topic: [www.myspace.com] <-- my band
[www.thedawnland.de] <-- my solo-project
April 06, 2007 05:11AM
Congrats jtr (i guess). Not every day one gets his face in the paper! Too bad my german sucks. A brief translation would be nice.

Vincent - Oh man! This really made my day. After hearing the intro seconds to "Half the world around" i knew this was a song i would like. Nice harmonies, great feel throughout the song + you really know how to sing!! With your permission, i would love to try and make a "spiced" version with some gentle mellotron strokes and such?! Anyway DO KEEP IT UP!!!!

Psychonauts (maniac1978) - Good stuff folks! Sounds good! Nice to see more people keeping the jamming spirit alive! Keep it up! HKS (My jam trio) haven't played for about a year now, but we've actually managed to get a spot preforming at a local festival this summer. So a "comeback" is in the making. I suspect that we'll tape the show + the sessions prior to the event. so some new HKS material should be avaliable in a couple of months.

Daniel - Great stuff man! Both your band and your solo peoject!! Hainloose sounds like a hybrid of QOTS and Kyuss. Booth being bands i really like. Tight songs with many nice guitar riffs and smooth vocals. Get ur asses to Bodø, Norway, and i'll certainly pay the fee for a live show! As for your solo project, i get a more funky vibe. I had to check out the song with the most apealing title (being "Hot Butt" smiling smiley). Sounds great man. Funky and juicy! I also admire that you do everythin yourself (tight ass drumming man!!), as i aspire to doing the same with my musical projects! Be sure to let me know if you upload more music!!

Also, i wanna share a little something with you. I'm currently out on an island working with fish (a shitty but good payed job), and since i don't have any of my eq with me, the only music making these days is being done on my laptop. A few nights ago, i stumbled upon a synth which emulates the famous c64 chip in terms of sound (QuadraSID), and i simply had to make alittle chip ditty to test the synth. So for you nostalgic ones out there (with relations to the good old c64 era), here's a little blast from the past ->

[www.yousendit.com]

Bare in mind, both the making and sharing of ths tune is done just for kicks! Don't take it too seriously. I certainly didn't smiling smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2007 05:45AM by The Golden Blissard Demon.
jtr
April 19, 2007 10:15PM
Hey, Jakob -- sorry, I completely forgot about your piece. Downloaded it and saved it for later because I was listening to something else and wanted to finish that listen first and then forgot about it - until I found it again and listened to it, and I have to say I like it a lot. I'm very fond of these lo-fi-electronica, thats really nice stuff smiling smiley
jtr
April 22, 2007 12:44AM
I'm just home from my first gig... even though it was only 10 minutes in a band contest, it was just plain awesome. I really enjoyed playing in front of people and communicating with them - as I entered the stage, I felt at home. It was really a blast. You see me smiling from one ear to another here =D

Btw, my brother shot a video, I will post it soon smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2007 12:47AM by jtr.
April 22, 2007 12:53AM
a sign of life: [www.myspace.com]

Me, my drummer from my former band (check him out on [www.myspace.com] ) and a mutual friend with the lightbulblampstocking dance. About 40 minutes of impro, drums, bass, moog, a spaceecho and a nintendo DS at 3:30am.
jtr
April 22, 2007 04:14AM
so, the videos:
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

I'm on the right.
April 24, 2007 10:32AM
my band: www.myspace.com/chocolatecircusmusic.
we like motorpsycho, krautrock, 60's psychedelia/blues & country.
hope you like it smiling smiley wouldv'e been nice to get som feedback tho.
May 20, 2007 09:51PM
www.myspace.com/fistinhand
May 20, 2007 11:18PM
Hey, didn´t see your post for a while golden blissard demon. nice to hear you like my stuff too. unfortunately i couldn´t download your contribution --> "file has expired"? i want to point to one more link of my page: [www.thedawnland.de]
i did a cover of john coltrane´s "equinox" with bassist and guitarst of colour haze. maybe some know them here? really great heavy psychedelic band here from munich. there´s some mp-relations in the equinox-cover.
Re: Promotion Thread - Post your music here (New Tune)
June 11, 2007 11:51AM
Don't mention it Daniel! I give credit where credit is due! Your stuff kicks ass!

On that note; I've made a little thingy here. A MP inspired space rocker! About 08:30 minutes long. It's far from finished due to the fact that i twisted my ancle pretty badly some days ago, and i haven't been able to record new drum tracks which IS needed. Plus the sound and shape of the tune will be re-constructed as soon as i get the new drumtracks done.

Anyway - check it out!

[www.yousendit.com]

Hope you like it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2007 12:48PM by The Golden Blissard Demon.
June 11, 2007 01:52PM
GBD: I'd like to have a jam with you - since we clearly have the same inspiration. I like!

How did you record this? It lacks punch in the low-freq - sounds like you've used a Lowcut too heavily. And too heavy compressed - did you normalize it? Sorry for all the nerd-questions, but a bit more work on the sound-tech, it would be much more pleasing to listen to.
June 11, 2007 02:03PM
I think it's great that you point towards the lacks! That way i can make it better.
It's not mastered or anything yet...i've just splashed on some effects here and there to try and spice things up abit. I've recorded everything in Ableton Live (including the synth drum set - Roland TD-6). I've used some native eq effects, Waves compressor + NI guitar Rig for those spacey vibes in the middle The rest of the guitar/bass work is done using Boss ME-50, and some pedals (chorus, distortion and reverb.

I've never really been a sound-tech man, so getting my tunes to sound crispy and clean has always been somewhat of a hasal for me. But i guess this comes from being a bigbeat freak for many years, where i (we) almost drowned our tunes in compressor in order to get that "dirty" sound.

Anyway, as mentioned, i'll be replacing the drums as soon as my feet allow me, and so i'll be attempting to re-produce the whole thing. I'll keep you up to date. Until then, be sure to get back to me about other things you might wanna suggest regarding the tune.

Thanks man!!
June 15, 2007 12:26PM
i play in jupiter lander. we've just put out a 7". there's a couple of songs from it and details on how to order it if you like them at www.myspace.com/jupiterlander - we play kind of mid-90s emo type stuff mixed with grunge and post-rock influences, i guess. twinkly and explosive.
June 22, 2007 01:15PM
hi mike,

like your stuff & sent a request... winking smiley
June 26, 2007 06:39PM
does anyone know if Motorpsycho's myspace-site is actually theirs or is it "only" a fan site?
Back to Motorpsycho home page