Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Promotion Thread - Post your music here

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
marc
Re: Promotion Thread - Post your music here
October 29, 2008 09:24PM
my modest little band has a couple of new tunes on myspace and i just wanted to draw your attention on it! hope you enjoy!

www.myspace.com/hikikomorimusik

thanks, marc
marc
October 30, 2008 12:27AM
btw, golden blissard demon,

i just noticed i never replied on your post! confused smiley
your shit is great as well...and...uhm..somewhat disturbing..hahaha!
keep up the good work!
October 30, 2008 01:09AM
hey marc,

i really like our second skar! but i think you guys should sing.....
marc
October 30, 2008 09:31AM
hey érdna, we ARE singing!!! we sing in ultra-sonic frequencies - only bats can hear it! ;-)

no, seriously, thanks for checking us out! we're working on the singing. The thing just is, that it is quite tough to sing and play interesting stuff at the same time (c'mon, i'm not bent! ;D). plus vocals are the thing most likely to fuck up a good song.........we'll see!
October 30, 2008 10:40AM
agreed.
October 30, 2008 12:22PM
Yo MARC

Thanks for the kind words. Just curious....what did you mean by disturbing?
Are you refering to my poor drumming, my lack of production skills or just the music in general? smiling smiley
marc
October 30, 2008 04:22PM
@ GBD

haha..disturbing was intended to be all positive! it's the gloomy atmosphere i really liked....and there's no need to be concerned about the drumming! it's fine! :-)
October 31, 2008 10:52AM
hehe ok thanks man!

I've been known for bashing my own skills. Perhaps it sounds whiny, but i think its healthy in terms of preventing stagnation + improving my overall skills. I won't waste time staying content winking smiley

Btw...if you really wanna hear some disturbing shit, then check out this little project

Scared Dog ---> [www.myspace.com]

Noise/ambient/improv project i've got going on with a friend. Now this is disturbing smiling smiley
marc
November 01, 2008 12:35AM
ah ok, actually that's the stuff i had been listening to when i was refering to "disturbing"..;-)

i'll check out your "regular" stuff as well!
November 07, 2008 06:19PM
ahh! Well ok then smiling smiley Glad you can enjoy our little knob noodling. More stuff to come, fo sure! By the way. Give me a wink if you're interested in the whole cd - "Subsonic Dreams" - i can compress and send at your will..
November 25, 2008 09:00PM
@ magnus: hehe i know the feeling. Got about 1500 unfinished songs on my HDs right now, ranging from uptempo house, bigbeat via post-rockish things, improv shit and noise. Yes, i've been knows for switching styles from time to time. If you wanna check out some of my other projects, then visit one (or more) of my 5 first friends on myspace. I think the main thing is to just stick with a riff/groove/whatever, instead of always searching for a better one. Cus there's always more. The key is to be able to stop and say "hey...this wasn't so bad - i'll see where this goes", and just work it out. Atleast it's worked for me. The results tho is up to others to judge smiling smiley

By the way, thanks for nice words man! When talking about gear, it all depends on what music you've been listening to. For instance; The tracks marked 2008 are all done in Ableton Live, through a Soundcraft mixer, into a Terratec Phase 28 soundcard. I've listed a complete gear list here - [motorpsycho.fix.no] - Check it out for details. Older stuff tho have been created using the fab tracker/sequencer "Renoise". I've got a background in demoscene music, and have always used trackers as my main platform. I enjoy the freedom and possibility which comes with making music this way. But when it comes to recording live music (such as Hope, The Cry of the world and A Sunset in Solitude), i think progs like Cubase, Protools or Live are the best alternatives.

So how long have you been writing music?

Oh and btw: Tullitime is such a nice little track smiling smiley
Not to mention Wasted Years! Such a nice atmosphere. I really like that piano sound!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 09:02PM by The Golden Blissard Demon.
November 25, 2008 09:06PM
The Dawn Band --> www.myspace.com/dawnband
or www.thedawnland.de
magnusgabriel
November 26, 2008 05:28AM
That is an impressive list! I have... nothing! Haha, not even an electrical guitar. I'm kinda far away from home right now, so I only have my mediocre acoustic guitar. Oh well, I hope that will change. I'm just not sure at this point how much I want to spend on gear. Feel I need something more solid than just fooling around in garageband.

I like that you have such diverse taste, i think it shows in your music. Always a plus to be able to draw on several influences. The drone-type project was cool!

I'm not that familiar with all the music programs. I've never used Pro Tools, I have some limited experience with Cubase, Live and Logic. I basically started off with FL studio when I was 15, so I'm kinda familiar with that, although it's not good for live music. I have no experience with trackers. I tried fasttrack once, but I didnt get it grinning smiley

I don't know, I've been fooling around for a couple of years now. But I've never made a real effort, just sudden bursts of creativity now and then which results in something of use. I have a lot of crap collecting dust on my HD myself, although not comparable to your amt. That's impressive!
Thanks for the comments. The thing I kinda like about tullitime is how the rythm feel changes in the middle of the song, just by adding the hat. It's kinda like it suddenly makes sense. Though, more by accident than planned! The wasted years piano is just some improvisation that I recorded and just used a lot of plugins on. Chorus, filter etc.

@Daniel: Cool stuff! Kinda I can really detect the MP influence in it. The guitarplaying and singing reminds me of Snah.
Andre
November 26, 2008 02:55PM
Daniel: Really nice! Liked it alot!
November 26, 2008 03:59PM
@ Daniel: MAx cool stuff man! Listening to "Tomorrow" right now. Man. You guys know your harmonies smiling smiley
Live in moments is also an awsome track!
Keep this up!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2008 04:03PM by The Golden Blissard Demon.
November 27, 2008 03:58PM
@ Magnus: You should keep foolin'. Although i wouldn't quite call it fooling around. You've got some nice ideas there indeed.
Tho i think perhaps you should consider spending some cash on some gear.That is, if you're serious about making music. A acc guitar through an internal mic isnt exactly top notch. Perhaps strart with an electric guitar and a mixer or an amp, and take it from there. Makes heaps of difference, and i suspect that your creativity might get a healthy boost too.

BTW i also have some tunes made with fruityloops, though i found it to be rather limited after a while. Granted, i haven't checked out the new versions, but then again...i've found my platform, and will be sticking to that. As for you having problems with FT2, i don't find very strange. It's a whole different way of writing music, then using say Cubase. Lots of "coding" and shit you have to learn to be able to use it like it's intended to be used, although recent trackers including Renoise have simplified it alot.
Magnusgabriel
December 06, 2008 05:28AM
Well thanks TGBD! Yeah, gear would be nice, but I don't know if I can afford it. I'm studying, and I'm abroad which costs a lot of money. And I'd buy a guitar or 2 before considering any gear. Though, a decent audio card and a condensator mike would have done wonders. We'll see, we'll see.

Yeah FL is kinda limited. It isn't really a studio, more like a program for making electronic music & beats. The GUI and tools are not that intuitive, allthough it have a lot more features now than it had 4 years ago.
December 06, 2008 11:00PM
@ andre, TGBD, magnusgabriel: Thanks you like the stuff! Really nice to hear that! I'm actually a drummer but yeah, the guitar I play is pretty much influenced by Snah. I really like his rhythmical skills. My companion is more the solo / melody type of guy or let's says, he's a real guitarist! smiling smiley We're trying to bring in a bassist at the moment, so we can do some real power-trio stuff! smiling smiley
December 07, 2008 11:50AM
Hey, this is my band called Cosmic Caravan. We are highly inspired by MP, but u know. not every song on our myspace is perfect, the new has to violent vocals..

But yeah, hope u guys enjoy it!

Our EP is called "With Licence to Chill".
Back to Motorpsycho home page