Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bt.etree.org

Posted by Motorpsychodelic 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
bt.etree.org
May 24, 2006 11:51PM
After two great concerts shared by bt.etree.org I was wondering if there is more...Is there a way to search for other bootlegs from Motorpsycho on this site?
Re: bt.etree.org
May 25, 2006 12:06AM

Yes. You can do searches on the mainpage. "Home", up left corner.

K
Rob
May 25, 2006 12:56PM
When I checked (yesterday?), it had the recent Darmstadt recording and
I think the Berlin 1996 one. A search for Motorpsycho (even for torrents with
no seeds) did not result in any others.

The dimeadozen site carries more (at least 10) but it requires login and the
torrents are personalized (it uses sharing ratios). Having these seeded
via the etree tracker would probably make them more accessible, but I don't
know how the original seeders feel about new torrents being created from
their work.

Rob.
May 25, 2006 01:28PM
A lot of people on Dimeadozen seed torrents that have been seeded elsewhere,
and vice versa, I guess. But in most of those cases, I think they have asked
the original seeder/taper if it's ok with them.

And some of those Dimeadozen torrents are KILLER! I'm glad I have an account
there.
Be
May 25, 2006 03:04PM
I remember that alex posted his login details for a dime account he doesn't use anymore. Search the forum, it's here somewhere.
May 25, 2006 03:19PM
Be Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember that alex posted his login details for
> a dime account he doesn't use anymore. Search the
> forum, it's here somewhere.

they are not valid anymore. i changed the password because i will need the little what is left of the account's download capabilities for myself, friends & and cases like that one back then, basically just as a back-up account. sorry.

--alex

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2006 03:20PM by fillmore.
Mats
May 25, 2006 09:26PM
Are the people at dimeadozen fascist ortongue sticking out smiley Spread the motorpsycho out to the people that want itsmiling smiley not just the lucky ones with account, hehe..

Can`t see what is wrong with sharing the stuff..it`s more moraly wrong to share without the bands permission than to share without asking the bootleggersmiling smiley
May 25, 2006 09:31PM
I don't see how sharing without asking the bootlegger is morally wrong at all. It's only immoral to the artist if you ask me. I've downloaded a good number of bootlegs, and I wouldn't hesitate a second to pass them on without crediting or even asking the bootlegger.
Rolf ROLF
May 27, 2006 01:00AM
Torrent places with individual users are usually places with more dedicated users meaning they usually seed better. Just have a look at places like pirate bay where torrents end up with no seeders in just a short period of time.
May 28, 2006 09:14PM
A little question about the bootleggers; I've been doing these alternative versions of various MP gigs these past few months. But today i got to thinking (i'm about to release a spiced up Darmstadt show); Is there some kind of bootlegger code that i'm stepping on by doing this? Personally i couldn't care less, since i feel no obligation to any of them becides thanking them for the fact that they recorded the show. But i've been reading about ppl finding it frustrating having 2 versions of one show online, that the set is not in .flac and so on. In general it semes like ppl are getting pissed off by me doing this. What's the trouble anyway? In my opinion it's just music, and the better the bottleg, the better for the potential listener. End of story.

Anyone?
May 29, 2006 09:31AM
firstly, the people providing these recordings are NOT bootleggers, and i am sure they won't like to be referred to like that, and secondly none of the people recording & sharing shows like to see their recordings encoded to lossy formats (and being shared like that).

--alex
May 29, 2006 01:20PM
amen.
May 29, 2006 01:42PM
ditto. no serious trading communities will accept "remastered" or converted shows. what we need is a mp-tracker, with a Q+C policy (quality + completeness). see f.ex. the zappateers tracker: [217.160.108.66] they have a sample section where you can compare what you have with other people's versions. this way the best possible version most likely gets seeded, and one can provide help with fills & gaps in recordings to make them as complete as possible. brilliant.

k

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2006 01:49PM by knoot.
May 29, 2006 02:15PM
I am a serious trader and I find this to be a serious enough trading community and I accept remastered versions gladly, 320mp3 or flac - the difference is so small I couldn't care less.
May 29, 2006 05:26PM
Ok i understand. But then i have a proposition alex...Since you were responsible for that Darmstadt recording (if i understand correctly), then maybe we can come to some sort of agreement regarding your other shows. I'm thinking that you can perhaps send me a sample track, then i can try my little spice up mix, and send it back to you (in flac). And if you think that it sounds better, then i can treat the whole show, and we can release it together maybe? That way we don't have to worry about different versions of the same show + it becomes more pro, if you catch my drift?! What do you say?

...cus the fact remains; I'll be doing my thing to all shows where i feel it's needed, but i don't wanna be responsible for starting some kind of release war in here (or any other place for that matter). So unless we come to some kind of agreement, i'll simply stop sharing them.

Btw...sorry about that bootlegger comment smiling smiley smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2006 05:31PM by The Golden Blissard Demon.
May 29, 2006 08:21PM
OK, what BT tracker is any good? There are a couple listed on [en.wikipedia.org], seems TorrentTrader is one that is very actively under development.
May 29, 2006 08:43PM
The Golden Blissard Demon Wrote:
> Ok i understand. But then i have a proposition
> alex...Since you were responsible for that
> Darmstadt recording (if i understand correctly),
> then maybe we can come to some sort of agreement
> regarding your other shows.

oh yes please. since i also do my own remixes for myself if i think i can spice up a recording, i've got into the darmstadt matter and dont feel too comfortably about that. i think it's cool to settle on an agreement how to deal with these things.

maybe like: first come first serve, but if someone thinks he can offer an even "better" mix, he puts a sample into the thread and people decide and tell if they want it or not?

(btw since i'm relatively new here a disclaimer: i'm a dedicated psychonaut just like any and get every official MP stuff from official sources i get my hands on. no smelly stuff.)
Rob
May 29, 2006 08:45PM

My view is the same (I think ;-) as what knoot has been saying a few messages
earlier. BitTorrent is great for sharing so a dedicated (and maybe private)
MP tracker would be really nice.

Although personally I cannot tell a high-quality mp3 from a lossless
recording, I don't have any problem with the requirement of the people
doing the recordings to only distribute in a lossless format. Rather that than
no shows being distributed at all. As long as I can convert them to MP3 for my
own personal use (use on iPod, car stereo, and such) I'm fine with that. I'll
just keep the original flacs around on a CD in case I ever need them (for
trading or helping someone out).

Just my 2 cents,
Rob...
May 29, 2006 09:52PM
Vegard B. Havdal Wrote:
> OK, what BT tracker is any good? There are a
> couple listed on , seems TorrentTrader is one that
> is very actively under development.

Zappateers uses the Torrentpier. Seems very stable. Torrenttrader is just as good, I'm sure.

K

May 30, 2006 09:36AM
The Golden Blissard Demon Wrote:
> Ok i understand. But then i have a proposition
> alex...Since you were responsible for that
> Darmstadt recording (if i understand correctly),
> then maybe we can come to some sort of agreement
> regarding your other shows. I'm thinking that you
> can perhaps send me a sample track, then i can try
> my little spice up mix, and send it back to you
> (in flac). And if you think that it sounds better,
> then i can treat the whole show, and we can
> release it together maybe? That way we don't have
> to worry about different versions of the same show
> + it becomes more pro, if you catch my drift?!
> What do you say?

sounds good, i think we can figure something out that will hopefully please both parties. shall we discuss this off-board maybe? my e-mail adress is kisshermind at gmx dot net...

--alex

Back to Motorpsycho home page