Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"This is Motorpsycho" features out there?

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
"This is Motorpsycho" features out there?
December 06, 2006 03:56PM
Ok...so i got lucky, and finally got my hand on a copy of the video (In VCD).
The quality is acceptable, but could easily be better. Anyway, on the video there are videos of "Have Fun", Mad Sun (noise version), "Wearing your smell" and "Feel" to name some.

Anybody out there who's got these videos in better quality by any chance?
Re: "This is Motorpsycho" features out there?
December 06, 2006 04:04PM
Nope sorry hope you get them.
December 06, 2006 04:23PM
You wouldn't want to to upload it, would you?
TvdR
December 06, 2006 05:40PM
Demon, you lucky ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Greets,

Thomas
December 06, 2006 07:47PM
Well...about an upload; This video has been somewhat of a gem for MP fans throughout the years, since it has been so hard to get a hand on. I fear i'll be taking the magic out of it by posting it as a regular dime/whatever upload. On the other hand, i'd like all hardcore MP fans to see it.....kind of a moral dilemma this one smiling smiley Care to feedback on this anyone?

Btw...the video is great!!! Much (for me) unseen footage of the band on tour in 1994 (Another Ugly Tour), many videos (dunno if they are offichial music videos, or just things made for the DVD/Video). It also shows a heart melting scene with snah and bent crying their eyes out over deathprod's departure from the band (Backstage in trondheim). If they only knew right.. smiling smiley

Yeah...and "the one who went away" by TITS at Svartlamon in trondheim. Cool shit!
jonne
December 06, 2006 08:01PM
as this is an official release it would certainly not be allowed on dime.
and even tough it is out of print, it should not be uploaded anywhere out of respect for the band.
December 06, 2006 10:13PM
I agree. So...how should we go about then? Even though the DVD is offichial and all, it boils down to the question; Shouldn't psychonauts be able to enjoy this little gem of a video, considering that it can't be bought anywhere?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2006 10:35PM by The Golden Blissard Demon.
December 06, 2006 10:51PM
share it personally with your friends (even by way of digital copies), enjoy it, but don't upload it anywhere, don't torrent it big style & just don't make a huge fuzz about it, that's how it has worked for years...psychonauts who re dying to see it, CAN see it, it really does not take so much effort (and money), imo...

--alex smiling smiley
December 06, 2006 11:11PM
fillmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> share it personally with your friends (even by way
> of digital copies), enjoy it, but don't upload it
> anywhere, don't torrent it big style & just don't
> make a huge fuzz about it, that's how it has
> worked for years...psychonauts who re dying to see
> it, CAN see it, it really does not take so much
> effort (and money), imo...
>
> --alex smiling smiley

;-)

K
December 07, 2006 04:30PM
Well...i wasn't going to upload it anyway (see above post), but i was thinking of some other ways to let fans get to see this one. Call me crazy, but i think that ppl wanting it, should get it, as long as they don't abuse it in any way (personal profit and so on). After all...we're hardcore fans the lot of us.

To illustrate my point...

Picture this situation; MP has released 3 new songs, in a very limited edition. And i got a hold of the last copy. Then i'd give it to some of my closest friends/psychonauts, and we would talk about how great the songs were, how tight they sound and such. Wouldn't you think it'd be kind of sad not being able to hear the songs of your favourite band, while other nauts did? The same goes for this video. I've got it, and i'd like to share it with ppl i know have the same passion for MP as i do. And personally i feel kind of rotten, having to "play god" with it like this.

So, back to business; Can't we figure something out? Perhaps alex can create a MP account (as i think we all trust him not to abuse it), and sell it for a small fee which all goes back to the band? So in a way, we've bought it from MP, even though it's not the offichial release. No harm done, and everyone's happy. Just a thought

Of course theese are only thoughts of mine. I won't do anything yet. I just want to come to some sort of agreement here...granted it's possible
December 07, 2006 08:29PM
That last solution seems to be a good one, in my eyes. I'd gladly pay to see "This Is Motorpsycho", but auctions at qxl and the likes just flashes before my eyes and the items are always sold before I get the chance. Well well. I can well understand your points and I guess I'll get the opportunity to see it sometime in the future.
December 07, 2006 09:13PM
I hope so for your sake. It's a smashing video indeed. Anyway...i'll let this rest for now, as i once again fear that i'll cause general discomfort in the community by "bending the rules" like this. Tho i think it's sad that we can't just share the good music that is MP amongst us, without having to beg for it. I agree about offichial material (like cds and ...yes singles smiling smiley), but this video, which can't be bought anywhere unless you're one lucky bastard, shouldn't fall under that category imho.
December 07, 2006 10:46PM
You should all re-read the "your wishes for christmas" thread and notice what Alex says about the forthcoming MP 2 dvd set.

K
December 08, 2006 12:08AM
hehe i thought about that. Though i doubt it'll be the actual video. Perhaps some extracts here and there, but not "This Is Motorpsycho" in its entirety. That would be abit weird i think. And since i have it myself, i hope i'm right, as i want footage i've never seen before smiling smiley

Anyway...signing off the video dispute for now. Hoping for a merry christmas to all of you! I know i'll have one (on a 3 week vacation to thailand next fridaysmiling smiley)
Lassie
December 08, 2006 10:19AM
I can't really see the problem. You got the video, and people would kill to see this, and you won't upload it?! Its impossible to get! You people are so egosentric
December 08, 2006 10:58AM
Well...if i did, i would probably get hundreds of hatemail telling me that i've "broken the code of MP honor" or something like that. And i just don't wanna be responsible for that happening. I totally agree with you man. Remember that. But looking back on the bootleg dispute we had in here earlier, made me ralise that i, for some reason, would become the big bad wolf by doing so. That's why i'm eager to find a differemt solution which everyone can live with.

Ironically...the reason why "Thios is MP" has got such a high status in here, is because ppl have been so reluctant to share it, imho

yeeeaaaahhhh it's hard to be a psychonaut! :p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2006 11:14AM by The Golden Blissard Demon.
December 10, 2006 10:40AM
to golden blissard demon:

hy, are you the guy i´ve sent a copy of "this is mp" to!?
there was no "thank you" from you or something and now this...
what can i say!?
norman
December 10, 2006 12:19PM
Now this?

I'm sharing my thoughts regrding what i consider to be a sad situation. As i've tried to explain in earlier posts; Perhaps it's just me, but i think it's sad that we psychonauts can't share this video amongst us, naut to naut. I fell in love with motorpsycho because of their smashing music, killer live shows and the fact that they are a great band. And i think that everyone in here agrees with me. So why can't we all just "get along"? Share music, vids and concerts with eachother freely, as long as we don't profit on it, or steal profit from the band?

The video can (once again) not be bought anywhere nowdays, unless you live on qxl, ebay or some other auction site, and have a wallet the size of bill gates. The video was superb, and my first thought was "Damn...i love this video, i love this band, eveyone should see this gem!". Originally, i wasn't going to mention sharing it, but when i saw how keen ppl were on having it, i felt i had to try to figure something out. I was NEVER going to upload it, and cause a big fuzz. But my point of view still stands; It's a crappy thing not to be able to give this video to fellow psychonauts, which i know would simply die to see it. How come? Give me a good reason for doing so, and i'll shut up (aside from the fact that it's "offichial"winking smiley.

BTW Norman; No thank you? Read your mails and see. Becides...judging by the commotion, i think you should be happy that i didnt credit you as the source. Cus then you'd have to deal with this case. But then again, you might have approached the situation differently. I don't know.

But for the record: Thanks a million!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2006 02:39PM by The Golden Blissard Demon.
December 11, 2006 11:18AM
The Golden Blissard Demon Wrote:
> Perhaps it's just me, but i think
> it's sad that we psychonauts can't share this
> video amongst us, naut to naut.

IT IS BEING shared, people have been sharing it for years & years, just NOT ONLINE. that is how i got it myself some years ago. people pooled together money & bought the VHS from ebay & made copies, it has been circulating as VCD & now for a while aleady also as DVD in very good & even remastered quality. every psychonaut i know personally has seen it & is in possession of a copy one way or another. so i really can't see a problem here.

also: do you actually realize we are talking under the eyes of the label & the band themselves here (since this is an open forum & stickfrau has been known to post here)?! naturally they react very sensible to discussions like this one & i keep asking myself why you are so desperate to get in trouble? ;-)

> The video can (once again) not be bought anywhere
> nowdays, unless you live on qxl, ebay or some
> other auction site, and have a wallet the size of
> bill gates.

it surfaces regularly on ebay & typically fetches a price around 50 euro, usually a littles less, which is - IMO - an acceptable price if you are really dying to OWN it, after all it is a very rare, for more than 11 years out of print item on an old fashioned format.

--alex
December 11, 2006 03:36PM
ok...so You're gladly telling me that you guys (people/whatever) made copies of one purchased video and shared them amongst you, and then talk about me getting into trouble? Where's the difference? And by now you must have understood that my intention never hinted towards uploading it, and (like you said) create a big fuzz. Quite the oposite. I tried to figure out another way of letting ppl in here (mark my words) eager to see it, do just that. Anyway...don't expect another word from me regarding this. Frankly i'm fed up with the whole damn thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2006 03:43PM by The Golden Blissard Demon.
Back to Motorpsycho home page