Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT: Sonic Youth live

Posted by Daniel 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
OT: Sonic Youth live
June 22, 2007 10:50AM
Hey, just saw Sonic Youth live here in Munich performing the whole Daydream Nation album. They played it just like on the record then came back for 5 or 6 more songs off of their new album Rather Ripped!
Man, what a concert! I´ve never seen them live and you really need to, so you get that whole wall of sound experience. Just beautiful. Every MP-fan should check out this great band live. Impressionable!
Re: OT: Sonic Youth live
June 22, 2007 11:08AM
Lucky you! Seeing Sonic Youth live is one of my goals, and Daydream Nation's my favourite album of them so.. I'm a bit jealous.
June 22, 2007 01:21PM
Seen them only 3 times over the years. And I even had the chance to see them back in the daydream days, but since I didn't know them that well then, I passed the opportunity. In the late 80ties when bands like sonic youth, screaming trees, tad, mudhoney, helmet, melvins, nirvana or soundgarden played zurich every other month, one got kinda picky. Thinking back it's quite unbelievable...
June 22, 2007 06:50PM
You can see they´re getting a little old... smiling smiley But they had full energy going on on stage, except for diving into the crowd or something of course... winking smiley But they still have so much fun playing music, it´s so nice to see that because I kinda miss that in many new bands.
June 23, 2007 01:51PM
woah, I'm gonna see them here in Italy in Turin! Can't wait...I was thinking about a nice impossible one guys: why don't Motorpsycho partecipate to the don't look back concerts and bring on tour the whole Timothy's Monster? smiling smiley
June 23, 2007 06:19PM
You can definately look forward to that, Gaspa! thumbs upthumbs up
June 25, 2007 12:07PM
I've seen them on Saturday at the Southside-Festival and if I remember right the most songs I knew were from "Rather Ripped"
I'm a litte dissapointed (but not because they didn't sound good---> they did!) but because I was to tired and to drunk at that moment for enjoying it right...
and also at the first 3 or 4 songs I didn't heard that much because I was trying to get into the front and just before I came there they closed the entrance, damn!

I think if they come near again I will go to a normal concert, where they play longer and where it is not so crowded thumbs up
July 06, 2007 12:55PM
oh yesssssah, yesterday was the day! They did a nearly perfect show, crystal guitar sound and kim's sexy voice...really great! After Eliminator jr, they came out to play incinerate, rather ripped, what a waste, jam runs free and maybe one more I don't remember...btw it would have been sooooo nice to hear them play some old stuff during the encore, like brother james or shackin hell...lol
July 16, 2007 10:32PM
I'll be seeing Sonic youth perform the whole Daydream Nation album on pukkelpop (belgian festival) on the 18th of august, can't wait :-)
September 03, 2007 01:56PM
went to see them perform daydream nation in the roundhouse, london on saturday. great stuff, great sound. amazing feedback ending to 'teenage riot'; total meltdown on stage. 1st encore were rr songs. 2nd encore was 'expressway to yr skull' with chris corsano as a 2nd drummer. those 15 minutes were the best live i've seen this year. it sounded like a mix between mp and the first half of pink floyd's 'a saucerful of secrets' (without the choral and vocal part at the end).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2007 03:52PM by kippenhok.
Back to Motorpsycho home page