Is he The Man?
August 02, 2007 02:07PM
Well guys, from what everyone's been tellin Kenneth is a really great drummer and fits very well into MP style, way lot better than Jacco. Those video of superstooge and hey jane say it all at last. So what are his intentions? Will he remain with MP as the official drummer or will do just like Jacco??? mumble mumble...
Re: Is he The Man?
August 02, 2007 03:27PM
He will stay if Bent and Snah want him to stay. And I see NO reason why they wouldn't keep him.
August 02, 2007 04:09PM
I know, btw I wonder about what does he want to do. I mean is he having his time with MP just because he's having a break with other bands he's playin with or cause he wants to be an official member...right?
August 02, 2007 05:52PM
i somehow understand you fears, i also thought of the possibility that kapstad might not want to be come an official member of the band. well, if he's really interested in the band, creating new music with bent and snah and not just having a good time with them on stage, i think he will stick with them. i, personally, hope so, he's a hell of a drummer, i really envy him his energy, and obviously he's interested in eperimenting, regarding the monolithic-project.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2007 05:52PM by happy knappy.
August 03, 2007 08:43PM
Bent made a comment about this very discussion on the Quart gig. He sais something like; "This one will be sticking with us". Jacco stuck for about a year, and since Bent was "bold" enough to say what he said, i don't think that Kapstad will vanish anytime soon. After all... in light of the drummer situation these past 2 years, It would be a pretty stupid thing to say if the band hadn't already discussed the future with Kapstad, with him being a full time member as the outcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2007 08:45PM by The Golden Blissard Demon.
August 04, 2007 12:58AM
your word in god's ear^^
August 04, 2007 03:49PM
Ok my theory isn't bullet proof, but i think it's a pretty strong point! And the fact that a studio session (and new album woth Kapstad) has been announced, doesen't exactly weaken it. Call me potimistic, but i think we've got heaps of killer music to come with this new born power trio!
August 04, 2007 05:07PM
By the way:
There is another expert from the Dour-gig online at youtube.com
[www.youtube.com]
I guess it's the beginning of Tristano, but unfortunately it doesn't last that long...

And I also have experienced that someone posted 2 short clips from the Motorpsycho at Japan Lydverket or how it was named...
If you want to watch these, just type in Motorpsycho and Japan winking smiley
Arild
August 04, 2007 09:20PM
Cool..

If you type in "motorpsycho" and "Irish" you see a fat norwegian guy covering a snippet of "Now it's time to skate" on Irish Bouzouki...
August 04, 2007 09:53PM
Arild Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cool..
>
> If you type in "motorpsycho" and "Irish" you see a
> fat norwegian guy covering a snippet of "Now it's
> time to skate" on Irish Bouzouki...

Oh... Haha... Why would I wanna see that?
Arild
August 04, 2007 10:07PM
Cause Irish bouzuki friggin' rocks.. Motorpsycho on Irish bouzouki rocke even harder..

Anywas, K.K. is the man.
August 05, 2007 12:12AM
wow, at the end of this clip [www.youtube.com] there's some japanese post rock, sounds very cool.
August 07, 2007 09:12AM
>supernaut

that band Quruli released new album lately and they have a song called "million bubbles in my mind", which is in clear that the title is taken from MP song, and that song itself is psychedelic pop kinda song, and if it's hommage against MP, i think it's pretty cool. i guess you can listen to some parts of this song on japanese iTMS, just try to listen to the song.
August 07, 2007 02:37PM
cool, thanks.

here's their myspace, then: [www.myspace.com]

but at the end of that MP-in-japan clip mentioned above, it's probably someone else?

hmmm... i can't find a source to listen to it. here [mysound.jp] winamp & realplayer don't seem to work...
August 07, 2007 03:47PM
Quruli is the band who invited MP to Japan, as far as I remember.
August 07, 2007 05:06PM
Yeah, they did. If you find the full-length documentary by NRK online,
you should download it. It's awesome stuff, featuring live-clips of
songs like Bedroom Eyes, Little Ricky Massenburg, Watersound and The Wheel.

I have it on a VHS-tape somewhere (along with the MP-documentary where
they talk about their entire discography)

EDIT: Part of the disco-documentary is on Youtube:

[youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2007 06:27PM by otherdemon.
August 07, 2007 09:53PM
Here is the whole song:

Quruli - HOW TO GO

[www.youtube.com]

Really like the sound of this band..
August 08, 2007 12:14PM
damn, how cool is that? i never knew that there is a video for grinder!
August 08, 2007 09:57PM
Arild Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is the whole song:
>
> Quruli - HOW TO GO
>
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> Really like the sound of this band..

ah, very nice. reminds me of polvo.
August 08, 2007 10:06PM
The WebTv section for NRK (www.nrk.no) had both a big part of the Disco thingy and the whole Japan documentary up for viewing for a long period of time, but for some reason it was deleted some time ago. Bummer! Would really like to see both again. (uploads anyone?smiling smiley)
Back to Motorpsycho home page