Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Supersilent and MP! Grand! Who's going?

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Supersilent and MP! Grand! Who's going?
August 22, 2007 04:01PM
Ok just saw the add about the co-op gig in sept. Man that could be a nice one. I'm thinking of going. Anybody else?
Re: Supersilent and MP! Grand! Who's going?
August 22, 2007 05:24PM
I think I'm going. Had a blast @ the Insect Machine gig at Blå last year,
so I'm guessing this could be just as interesting.
August 22, 2007 09:22PM
If I can get that day off from work I'm going!
August 22, 2007 10:52PM
I would definately be going if I lived in Oslo, but I haven't got the money for train tickets, unfortunately. It will be a blast for sure! However, I will see Supersilent alone when they play in Bergen in September, and I'm very much looking forward to that as I'm in a supersilent period atm where I listen to their albums all the time, and improvised jazz/noise in general aswell. Brilliant music!
August 23, 2007 08:29AM
I wish, but Im probably in Paris by then .. ;/
August 23, 2007 02:16PM
One of these days I'll cut you into little pieces lol

why do I live in Italy??? sigh
August 23, 2007 02:48PM
I'm going.

Can anybody recomend what to start with in the supersilent discography? The dvd any good?

And what will they perform that day? Impro new-stuff, supersilent or psycho-stuff or a glorious mix?
August 23, 2007 03:14PM
every time they play they have lotsa improvvisation. I think that the "6" album should scare you enough smiling smiley
August 23, 2007 03:55PM
Actually, I'm not at all sure what to expect. But I feel confident that
this is going to be awesome!
August 23, 2007 09:45PM
6? That is their most constrained album where they actually use less improvisation than earlier on. Check out 4, that's my favourite so far, but I'm still waiting for 1-3 to come in my mailbox the next few days. This one is quite noisy and still has a lot of avantjazz improvisation. Love it. As for recommendations Arild, that DVD is fantastic and if you'd want to see what they're like live I'd get that one.

There's a saying that the bandmembers of Supersilent never talk to eachother except when they meet up to do concerts, they never practise and most their stuff is improvised, so I don't really know what I would expect when they're billed with Motorpsycho which is more "pop"-oriented (they have songs!).
August 24, 2007 02:43AM
6 at last is my fav, the most interesting and mindblowing in my opinion. 1-3 is really nice too, a lot noisier and yeeee than 6. But 6 has great atmosphere...
August 24, 2007 06:51AM
Yeah, I find it really good as well, but for finding an album that would scare him I don't think it would be most appropriate winking smiley
August 28, 2007 03:58PM
Just got my ticket @ Tiger. So I'm definitely going!
August 28, 2007 07:08PM
Thx for the feedback.. Just ordered the DVD.. smiling smiley

Any chance we'll get a The wheel- version that beats Roadworks II? Me wants... Have it on repeat at the moment..
Mountaintop
August 28, 2007 11:11PM
I guess it will be an totally improvised concert as that seems to be the Supersilent-spirit... So, I dont really think there will be any MP songs, but I might be wrong...
August 30, 2007 05:44PM
I'm going!
September 13, 2007 09:15AM
Just got my ticket! Can't wait to see this, and hope to meet some of the old-timers there...
September 13, 2007 03:13PM
If anyone wants to meet up for a pre-show beer somewhere,
just shout out! :-)
September 13, 2007 05:28PM
Would be cool if someone going there could tape it, for those of us that aren't able to go smiling smiley
Cortez
September 20, 2007 10:48AM
Is there anyone who attended the supersilent concerts yesterday or tuesday who could tell me approx when the thing started? I might be a little late for todays concert, so i'm wondering when i can expect the concert to start...
Back to Motorpsycho home page