Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oh my god, how I miss them!

Posted by theOtherOtherNils 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Oh my god, how I miss them!
September 10, 2007 11:14PM
Sorry folks!
I'm a little bit drunk right now and I just wanted to say, that I miss the live-performances of motorpsycho right now...
I feel like I was born a little to late to see the best "live-phase" of motorpsycho, because when I discovered motorpsycho in 2001 I was 16 years old and it took 2 years till I realised that I am addicted to see MP live...
And just then they stoped to tour regulary!
I just wished they would have a huge tour right nowsad smiley
Re: Oh my god, how I miss them!
September 11, 2007 12:35PM
I can understand you so much! I feel the very same! (Despite i´m not drunk right now winking smiley But i now that feeling of "I have to see them right now!"winking smiley I realised my addiction a bit earlier so i managed to see them 5 times since 2001. But after every concert i´m looking forward to the next even more! Felt myself abit stupid jumping around screaming like an idiot on the last concert at Melt!-Festival. But I was so euphoric I just couldn´t help myself. (btw: there aren´t any recordings, are there?)
But i think there´s hope! Theey seemed in such a good shape at the Melt! i believe their new material is gonna be great and they gonna make a fantastic album and a huge tour next year. Gonna spend all my money to see them as often as i can!

Sail on!
September 11, 2007 10:48PM
Totally know what you're talking about, i discovered motorpsycho in 2004 when i was fifteen years old... I actually discovered them trough "The international tussler society", about a week after they played a gig in my hometown...Just my lucksmiling smiley I've only seen them twice since that, at the Øya-festival last year and at the Quart-festival this year. The rain poured down non-stop an even my rubber boots started leaking... However non of this mattered, because the consert was superfun and i had a great time. The only thing that sucks, is that i never managed to go to a concert while Geb was still in the bandsad smiley
VBH
September 12, 2007 10:13AM
I was listening to something on the radio in the car the other day, and it was so incredibly like Motorpsycho doing the jazz thing, that I was very sure it was them in one of their collaborations, even the vocals were similiar. Turned out it was Dark Star from Live Dead by Grateful Dead, which I understand is a classic.

So huge influence there, but I'm probably stating the obvious.

Anyhow: Motorpsycho are apparently just back from recording in Halden, (with Kenneth), and the album is rumoured to be out in the spring.
tj
September 12, 2007 11:38AM
In Halden? Were they at Kai Andersen´s Athletic Sound studio?
Where they did AADAP, Trust Us and LTEC?

Good news!
Mountaintop
September 12, 2007 12:03PM
VBH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Anyhow: Motorpsycho are apparently just back from
> recording in Halden, (with Kenneth), and the album
> is rumoured to be out in the spring.

GREAT NEWS! I'm wondering how the next album will be... I guess it's gonna be pretty hard! Hard/prog rock... Anyways, it will be great!!
VBH
September 12, 2007 01:02PM
I just heard in Halden, could also be Ole Idole's studio, I think that is down there too. ;-)
September 12, 2007 01:34PM
Yeah, I also noticed that one of the guys from Wig Wam owns a
recording studio in Halden. So there's three possibilities,
and my bet is Athletic Sound.

Also if you go to athleticsound.no, and check out the image gallery,
you can see a photo of Motorpsycho recording, possibly from the LTEC-
sessions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2007 01:40PM by otherdemon.
September 14, 2007 09:27PM
hey, jane - rockefeller 2001 besorgt´s mir gerade richtig!
mann, hab ich jetzt bock auf MP live!!!
Back to Motorpsycho home page