Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT: Guitarists - Show me your gear, and i'll show you mine

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: OT: Guitarists - Show me your gear, and i'll show you mine
January 05, 2008 03:00PM
Guitars:
Fender Telecaster Thinline Deluxe
Squier Telecaster
Squier Stratocaster

Amp:
Marshall JCM 800 Superlead
Custom 2x12 cabinet with Celestion Greenbags

Stuff:
Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-9)
Electro Harmonix Bigg Muff
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Boss Digital Delay (DD6)
Digitech RP-200
January 05, 2008 03:49PM
thanx Goldenboy for the link. torrent! of course...

but what do you mean by dusting off my client?
January 05, 2008 04:06PM
hehe it's just that i don't use DC++ anymore after the introduction to torrent based downloading, as i pretty much always find what i need using torrents smiling smiley

Hopw you find what you're looking for. If not, i may be able to help you out
January 05, 2008 05:29PM
i haven't tried yet with these, but usually i'm fine with torrents.

i'd get back to you. winking smiley
January 07, 2008 12:03PM
Hi there :-)

Gear that I use live:

Guitars:
- Gibson Goldtop Deluxe '72
- Fender Strat USA
- Ibanez AF75
- Simon & Patrick 12-string acoustic

Amps:
- Hiwatt DR103 head '73
- Hiwatt 4x12 cab '73
- Fender Twin Reverb '71

Pedals:
- Dunlop Cry Baby
- EHX Big Muff
- Morley AB switch
- Carl Martin D&B
- Line 6 DL4
- MOOG 12-stage Phaser

Other:
- MOOG Theremin
- EBow
- Violin bow

[www.myspace.coom]
[www.hypnos69.be]
January 07, 2008 03:29PM
Ok a fun thought (for those of you still checking the thread - How about listing gear for sale/trade? I for one would really like to know what you guys have to offer /if any) + i've got a few somewhat interesting things to trade myself. Anyone interested?
January 07, 2008 03:55PM
I like the idea. How about a separate marketplace forum for gear?
January 07, 2008 07:10PM
cool idea, i just haven't got anything to trade.

my stuff is either too nice or too crappy. grinning smiley
January 07, 2008 07:33PM
Nothing's too crappy! It all just depends on how you use it (in my opinion) smiling smiley

Normally i use my guitar rig for guitar playing, but within the frameworks of the project Mouches Volates (which consists of me and a good buddy of mine), we used the rig for vocal based knob twisting, creating rather neat noise/fx loops)

(Listen to an example here - [rapidshare.com] - Mouches Volantes - Nebula Neurosis

My point is; When recording the voice fx for this track (which was made for a noise festival performance last summer), we actually used alot of behringer effect boxes (and the BOSS ME-50). And i think that it came out rather cool. Granted, i've now listed the behringer stuff for sale/trade, but that's simply because i can generate the same type of effects with my new and updated guitar rig + i no longer need them for guitar playing. But that doesen't mean that they can't produce decent stuff. Same goes with the ZOOM BFX 707 - A rather dull fx box for use with bass, but one hell of a device to merge with, say, a theremin (like i do in Metrognom - 70's prog-rock band). In other words; I for one am interested in everything out there, as long as it's usable. Cus you never know when you might find use for it.

To make it simple: Don't be shy, present your shit like it doesen't stink smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2008 07:50PM by The Golden Blissard Demon.
January 07, 2008 08:14PM
I have here a Boss MT-2 that I never use cos it really suck imo. It isn't good for noise neither...I've been trying to sell it since three years, but no one seems to want it lol
January 07, 2008 08:49PM
Ok i haven't tried that one, but then again, i'm not that into metal, so i don't think that pedal would suit my needs. Plus i've got more than enough overdrive/distortion pedals as it is. Ever tried putting it on ebay?
January 07, 2008 09:17PM
I´m considering selling one of my speaker cabs. Either the ´68 fender or the sound city 4x12. I´m playing mostly bass nowadays, so I need the finances to buy an ampeg 8x10. I can gladly consider a trade.
January 07, 2008 10:02PM
The Golden Blissard Demon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nothing's too crappy! It all just depends on how
> you use it (in my opinion) smiling smiley

agree.

but my crappy stuff are some compressors that i really wouldn't dare to offer.
they're behringers. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2008 10:02PM by supernaut.
January 07, 2008 10:48PM
hehe ok i get your point smiling smiley

I wouldn't use one of those even if i was offered money to do so smiling smiley

By the way....i've opened a thread at the Marketplace forum, where i've compiled the items listed as sale/trade objects up to now. Thought we'd see what happens in here, and just add things as we go along. That being said, you're more then welcome to post your own items over there. Check it out ->>

[motorpsycho.fix.no]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2008 11:09PM by The Golden Blissard Demon.
Martin
January 08, 2008 05:38PM
OK here goes:

I got an Aria ES-335 model. Not a real Gibson but these are way too bloody expensive for me anyway and it sounds just as good as a gibson imo. Very nice clean tone and perfect for bluesy/jazzy kind of music, not really good for heavy distortion sounds tho, that's why i'm saving for a fender telecaster.

Pedals that I use most often:
- Boss RV-3 delay/reverb: Sounds fantastic, very good for the spacey/psychedelic echo sound, especially when soloing.

- Nobels ODR-1 overdrive: Beautiful clear and crisp overdrive, with lots of middle tone, which I miss in a lot of modern 'scooped' distortion pedals

- DOD FX-52 classic fuzz: pretty cheap fuzz pedal, doesn't sound just as good as the classic fuzz pedals (big muff, fuzz face and that sort of stuff) but still pretty decent heavy rock sound for the crunching power-chords.

- Dunlop Crybaby wah-wah: my personal favourite, needs no further introduction.

And besides that, the things that I don't use too often:
- Ibanez DS-7 distortion: pretty loud distortion sound, but a bit too thin for my taste, not enough bass and middle, too much treble.

- DOD FX-51 Juice Box overdrive: pretty decent overdrive but sounds a bit too dry.

- Boss Metal Zone: very nice pedal indeed, great equalizer, very versatile and suitable for many different styles of music, but still a bit too flat and digital-sounding for my taste. Guess it's a mismatch with my Aria guitar.

On multi effect pedals:
I don't want to offend anyone here, but when I go play with a guitarist and he has one of these huge multi effect monster processors, I'm having allergic reactions. Sure these things are nice toys for sound experiments at home, but I just don't find them suitable when playing in a band. Too many buttons, too much tweaking, and the more types of distortion they have packed inside, the crappier they usually sound. In my opinion these multi effect horrors are too often used to mask the guitarist's inability to make his guitar sound good without a bit layer of sound effects.
I have performed quite a lot with one of these multi effect things, and when I listen back to that now the sound almost makes me sick to my stomach tongue sticking out smiley
Of course that's only my opinion, and if you play your instrument well I guess you can make it sound good through multi effect thingies too, I just think single stompboxes sound far superior.
January 08, 2008 08:12PM
@ martin; I totally agree with your statement about multi effect boards. I've tried many different types, and come to the same conclusion as you. Too much work using them live, and the sound usually sucks too, especially when using overdrive/distortion. The only reason i bought my BOSS ME-50 was because of a buddy of mine, and his rather dumbass act of selling it to me, barely used, for 700NOK (about 120 dollars nowdays - it costs about 3 times more, but he was in desperate need of cash, and i for one couldn't turn down such a deal). I've begun investing in "standalone" pedals nowdays (i've got 9 different BOSS/DANELECTRO/LINE6 pedals, and there's more to come - See first post if interested). My plan is to try and build a guitar rig which enables me to play both raw and unpolished rock/solo guitar ala Snah and such guitarists, aswell as to "float into space", using reverb, delay, phaser, whammy etc.

For now i'm keeping the board because of its powers as a "space board". But as soon as my rig is good enough to allow it, i'll sell it in favour of something else. And i might just get a neat profite selling it too smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2008 08:14PM by The Golden Blissard Demon.
January 08, 2008 08:26PM
supernaut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Danelectro Guitars are way way
> way better than their price tags suggest. Weird.
> Very fine and unique sounding guitars.

Yeah, but it's about the ugliest guitars you'll ever see. Atleast the ones i found on ebay smiling smiley
January 10, 2008 03:47PM
Hey people but is there anyone around there who knows something about Snah's pedal gear? from the live pics I've seen he doesn't use any rack system...any ideas?
January 10, 2008 03:55PM
see sone prev. posts on this topic. To summarize; Amongst other stuff, he has/has used a big muff, a space echo, a moog taurus plus i think he's got some whammy like pedal, a wah wah (perhaps a crybaby). Other then that i really don't know, but i really would like to... smiling smiley
January 10, 2008 04:03PM
yep I was reffering to the other stuff not mentioned. His set-up must've changed a lot from the one shown on the Roadwork I lol
Back to Motorpsycho home page