Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT: Guitarists - Show me your gear, and i'll show you mine

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: OT: Guitarists - Show me your gear, and i'll show you mine
January 10, 2008 04:12PM
I would think so too. I bet he's got a whole army of pedals/stuff to choose from smiling smiley
January 10, 2008 04:30PM
Martin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On multi effect pedals:
> I don't want to offend anyone here, but when I go
> play with a guitarist and he has one of these huge
> multi effect monster processors, I'm having
> allergic reactions.

absolutely agree. i'd just leave the room.
January 10, 2008 04:32PM
The Golden Blissard Demon Wrote:
> supernaut Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> Danelectro Guitars are way way
> > way better than their price tags suggest.
> Weird.
> > Very fine and unique sounding guitars.
>
> Yeah, but it's about the ugliest guitars you'll
> ever see. Atleast the ones i found on ebay smiling smiley

but but but go googelpix for dano guitars! there's beauty all around. i love 'em.
January 11, 2008 07:17AM
I bet you do. Not to say that they suck or anything, but damn....look at this one ->

[cgi.ebay.com]

Ain't that about the ugliest thing you've ever seen? smiling smileysmiling smiley

Well...i'm not marrying the guitar, so i guess it doesen't matter that much as long as it sounds good. Gonna check them out more. The price is indeed decent
January 11, 2008 11:16PM
I've just bought on ebay a theremin...that one was cheap and the demos seemed good, plus a friend of mine told me that that one is quite good to start learning to play it eeheheheheheheheheeheheheh

[cgi.ebay.it]
January 12, 2008 11:22AM
Nice man! I've used a theremin for years now, in the prog rock band i'm playing in. But it beliongs to a friend of mine. Gonna buy me a new one in march (as part of my shopping frenzy). Though then i'm gonn a buy this one ->>

[cgi.ebay.com]

I kinda like the idea of that volum fader at the side there, instead of having to use the knob. Makes playing it a whole lit smoother
January 12, 2008 12:38PM
> Nice man! I've used a theremin for years now, in
> the prog rock band i'm playing in. But it beliongs
> to a friend of mine. Gonna buy me a new one in
> march (as part of my shopping frenzy). Though then
> i'm gonn a buy this one ->>
>
> [cgi.ebay.com]
> nut-INT-Power-Supply_W0QQitemZ300187297414QQihZ020
> QQcategoryZ38071QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewI
> tem#ebayphotohosting
>
> I kinda like the idea of that volum fader at the
> side there, instead of having to use the knob.
> Makes playing it a whole lit smoother

Without the volume antenna it'd would be close to impossible to play for me... I have the moog one, but black. It looks so easy to play theremin, but I find it really hard. Sound fx is no prob of course (especially with some echo), but play real melodies are pretty hard for me. I haven't rehearsed much on it though.
January 12, 2008 04:36PM
> I bet you do. Not to say that they suck or
> anything, but damn....look at this one ->
>
> [cgi.ebay.com]
> -GIG-BAG-FREE-SHIP_W0QQitemZ290196239665QQihZ019QQ
> categoryZ33036QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewIte
> m#ebayphotohosting
>
> Ain't that about the ugliest thing you've ever
> seen? smiling smileysmiling smiley

this is a new model. i dunno... looks fun. maybe nicer in real. but i wasn't referring to this one. Bent plays one live for vortex surfer, that's the dano 59, like jimmy page has. wonderful. got one too. and there are others.

the moog etherwave theremin i played for a short time, too. nice but i only had it from a friend for a few weeks.
January 12, 2008 08:47PM
@ Supernaut: Aaaah that one. Now that's a beauty! But...could this be right? ->

[cgi.ebay.com]

250 bucks for that one isn't exactly expensive! Perhaps i'll purchase one after my next paycheck. This month's gear budget went to buying a BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion, a BOSS OD-2 Turbo Overdrive + a Soundcraft 24 channel mixer. Note: All bought used, but in good condition.
January 13, 2008 11:40AM
yes that's the one. and it's even the reissue with a better bridge.

but maybe Bent has the 12-string version. but anyway, it's this model. Jimmy Page plays it on Kashmir and In my Time Of Dying. 250$ yes. Weird but true. The body's not made from super ebony and stuff...

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
January 13, 2008 11:54AM
Nice! It's a both cool and sweet looking guitar! And 250 smackers is a give away in my opinion. Gonna order that one. Fo Sure!

By the way Supernaut.: Have you got the "LIve at Folken 98" MP gig around? If so, then check out the jammy end part of S.T.G. Snah plays some mellow picking guitar with a really neat effect. Sounds like some kind of delay, but then again, it doesent. I was wondering if it's possible that the effect used is the Space Echo, ie does your device produce fx like that? Cus i rally like it, and i wanna find out what the heck he's using smiling smiley
January 13, 2008 12:07PM
Evol Wrote:

> Without the volume antenna it'd would be close to
> impossible to play for me... I have the moog one,
> but black. It looks so easy to play theremin, but
> I find it really hard. Sound fx is no prob of
> course (especially with some echo), but play real
> melodies are pretty hard for me. I haven't
> rehearsed much on it though.

Tell me about it man! I usually used it with some guitar effects to make weird sounding loops and such, but no "singing". Except for a time when i borrowed it, ad used it for a post-rockish intro i was working on (back in 2004-2005). Check it out ->

[rapidshare.com]

There you go. Not exactly smooth, indeed. But i think that with some practise, not to mention a steady hand, you might learn how to sing with it.
January 13, 2008 04:56PM
Nice GBD!

I should start reahearsing with my etherwave a bit more. I tend to be pretty crappy at many instruments instead of be sort of good on one...
January 15, 2008 06:51PM
hehe tell me about it. THat's my musical life for you. Playing several different instruments, and sucking in each and every one smiling smiley
Well, sucking is rather harsh, but i could easily get better
January 17, 2008 03:09PM
> Nice! It's a both cool and sweet looking guitar!
> And 250 smackers is a give away in my opinion.
> Gonna order that one. Fo Sure!

smiling smiley
great guitar for open tunings, too...

I haven't got the Folken gig. What does the fx sound like? Multiple delays oscillating up and/or down, faster and/or slower?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2008 03:09PM by supernaut.
January 19, 2008 06:37PM
Take a listen for yourself ->

[www.yousendit.com]

Actually it doesen't matter that much anymore. After that post, i've now purchased both the BOSS RE-20 Space Echo, The BOSS RC-20 Chorus Ensemble and a Electro Harmonix Bigg Muff. So i guess i'll find out for myself in a couple of days. But if it's really the space echo, then i'm in for a treat. Great and haunting sound on that recording indeed!
January 19, 2008 06:58PM
ah, Snah even split the signal. Yes it's quite possible he's using a tape echo. Typical muffled sounding delays. And especially the swell at 2'50", this is what you can do with it by fiddling around with the knobs and/or a on/off-footswitch.

There are other devices that try to clone this fx and come quite close. A friend of mine is using a Boss analog delay, the DM-2. And the one you just bought probably too.

Btw, this one [cgi.ebay.de] is probably pretty cool, too. I don't know it. But it's a Dano. And it looks cool. smiling smiley
January 19, 2008 07:00PM
and that guitarfriend I mentioned has this [zvex.com]

wiuwiuwiuwiuwiuwiuwiuwiu grinning smiley
January 19, 2008 08:00PM
Nice! THat Ooh Wah was pretty cool! I've checked out that Danelectro pedal some weeks ago. Listened to some samples and read some reviews. Sounds cool, but i don't think i need it. Along with my other stuff, these 3 new pedals will certainly do the trick. All i need now is a loop station, and i'm good to go.
January 24, 2008 04:16PM
OOh la la! That Boss Space Echo is just amazing!!! Abit expensive (it was bought here in norway) but worth every god damn penny imho. And the Chorus Ensemble rocks aswell. Not to mention the Big Muff. Finally got that creamy distortion i've been looking for!
Back to Motorpsycho home page