Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Neverland

Posted by TraktorBass 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Neverland
February 17, 2008 04:36PM
So whats with all the hatred towards Neverland? I see alot of people not liking the song on the forums, why?

Of course, its no K9 Suite, Golden Core or Spacehog, but its a pretty cool pop song. Killer bass riff, catchy vocal melodies.

Discuss.
Re: Neverland
February 17, 2008 05:51PM
About that song I can aprreciate just the bass riff. It's quite cool indeed. But when the chorus kicks in the whole thing becomes really boring and looks more like a bad rip-off from some old B-band from the '60es than an MP song. And the sound itself of the song isn't groovy as it should be on record to make you dance. In this way I prefer a lot Composite Head, this one being a good rip-off from some old A-band from the '60es smiling smiley
February 17, 2008 06:13PM
In concert the usually very cool solo makes all the more up for the cheesy chorus...

Alex
jonne
February 17, 2008 08:17PM
it's probably not a bad song, but i just find it very cheesy. and, to me, it doesn't have that undercurrent of tension i like so much.
February 17, 2008 11:37PM
Actually, Neverland is one of the best songs from IALC (along with Ãœberwagner and Carousel). But it's been played to death live.
February 17, 2008 11:56PM
i don´t like the album version (uuh, uuh....) BUT live it is fantastic! great solo and great organ. (rockefeller 2001)
Gustav
February 18, 2008 04:09AM
As Alex mentiones, Neverland is usually great live since Snah (and others) have the habit of pulling of some great solos in it. I especially liked the 2006 fall tour version where Bent starts the solo part with changing the bass riff radically just before the solo kicks in (hard to explain how...you have to hear it).

Gustav
February 19, 2008 07:48PM
most of it i find ok, but the "uh uh" riff is too silly to hear too often. and they do play it eeeevery time, ignoring a bazillion of their better songs again and again.

same with black to comm.
Back to Motorpsycho home page