Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Little Lucid Moments design

Posted by Kaneda 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Little Lucid Moments design
March 29, 2008 07:55PM
Now I have CD and Vinyl 2X12" from both Rune Grammofon and Stickman Records. What strikes me is the differences in coverdesign.

CD front, back, sides and inside
[home.no] Rune grammofon on top

CD inside and disc
[home.no] Rune grammofon on top

Front: They use a completely different font on artist and albumtitle. Also different placing, Rune has it on the upper left, Stickman centered.
Side: On the stickman release they use the "old" Motorpsycho logo (Wtf?).
Back: Other font, bold(?), capital letters on titles.
Inside: Other font, stickman starts with capital letters rune starts with small.
Disc: Stickman uses the tattoo, rune doesn't.

Vinyl front and side, Rune Grammofon
[home.no]
Vinyl front and side, Stickman
[home.no]

Front: Rune has the same font and placing of artist and albumtitle as on the CD. Stickman has the same font as on the cd, centered, but a top placing instead of middle.
Side: Also here Stickman uses the "old" Motorpsycho, while Rune uses a new one.

Vinyl back, Rune Grammofon
[home.no]
Vinyl back, Stickman
[home.no]

Back: Stickman uses capital letters and bolds out alot, while Rune uses no bold and small letters. Stickman has a giant space between the songlist and credits, Rune doesn't. Rune has same formatting on credits and songlist, Stickman doesn't.

Vinyl Side A, Rune Grammofon
[home.no]
Vinyl Side A, Stickman
[home.no]

Side A: Rune has a solid sleve for the vinyl, while Stickman has sleeve with hole. Rune has only printed on SIDE A, SIDE B etc, while Stickman has artist, albumtitle, tattoo, "side" A and songtitle. Stickman is more informative, while Rune is more "artsy" in a way.

There you have it. I think I've covered all the differences. This gets me wondereing about two things. How many people has been involved in the designing of the albumcovers? And have theese people ever talked to eachother? Don't get me wrong, I think it's kinda cool and charming that the releases are a bit different, but doesn't it "weaken" the expression of the band (usage of old logos etc)? I personally like the Rune Grammofon realese best because the design seems nicer and more "complete".

What do you think?

Love the album by the way winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2008 08:02PM by Kaneda.
Re: Little Lucid Moments design
March 29, 2008 08:57PM
interesting. i have only the stickman cd yet. maybe they couldn't decide which one to use. maybe it's a retro 70ties collector thing, done on purpose.

what i am missing are the lyrics (!) and even more - being the geek i am - the who-plays-what-in-the-upper-left-channel infos like on Timothy or Trust Us.
banjomedic
March 30, 2008 04:39AM
im really not fond of the mp covers in genral, with a few exceptions (mostly the old ones). ive justified them as lp covers shrunk down for cd.. but i dont know, im more fond of handcraft than design from an artistic perspective, so maybe thats why. (of the newer covers i only appreciate the walking with j ep and its a love cult..maybe some more)
March 30, 2008 02:27PM
Glad to see there are more geeks around. I agree Supernaut. Let's hope that Bent dusts off his keyboard, and posts the lyrics and the"who did whats" on the lyric section again.
March 30, 2008 05:40PM
smiling smiley

them good ol'days of lyrics and tabs and tunings!
FPB
March 31, 2008 07:39PM
It's just that all the other Rune Grammofon records all look the same when it comes to fonts and where to place the names and all that. It kinda makes uniform and cool in a way.
Stickman is probably allowed to alter the design the way they see fit.
April 01, 2008 05:50PM
Just jumping in here:

Kim H. designed the entire cover, both versions, and any small differences were completely up to him. I actually have no idea why he made them different....
April 02, 2008 01:01AM
Thanks for the answer Jeanette!
April 02, 2008 01:30AM
Back to Motorpsycho home page