Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LLM: Special editon

Posted by Ole 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ole
LLM: Special editon
April 23, 2008 08:20PM
Motorpsycho Collectors Offer and Limited Multicolour Vinyl available now!

We have pressed up 500 copies with so called multicolour splatter vinyl. Because of the way these are produced each vinyl record is unique. The cover is the same as with the black vinyl version, 350 g cardboard and black inner sleeves. We will not re-press this edition. Needless to say, this edition is a real collectors gem and it might be a good idea not to dwell too long! We have an even more limited T-shirt that you can buy in a bundle with the vinyl at a reduced price. The T-shirt is also available individually.

[www.runegrammofon.com]
Re: LLM: Special editon
April 23, 2008 09:12PM
Ordered smiling smiley
Gnappo
April 23, 2008 10:06PM
ehm sorry could you help me? I'd like to know how much 400 NOK is in euros. You know, italians...smiling smiley
Ole
April 23, 2008 10:31PM
50 €
April 23, 2008 10:32PM
i really really hate these kind of things. I mean, i bought LLM on vinyl the day it came out, and now this....what am i supposed to do now? Buy it again? Why not make the first pressing a special edition? Feels like ripping fans off....
VBH
April 23, 2008 10:33PM
April 23, 2008 10:42PM
krist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i really really hate these kind of things. I mean,
> i bought LLM on vinyl the day it came out, and now
> this....what am i supposed to do now? Buy it
> again? Why not make the first pressing a special
> edition? Feels like ripping fans off....

i hate this too. who buys special editions? the same fans that preorder their stuff years ahead. special editions should at least be announced before release date.
April 24, 2008 10:59AM
Krist and supernaut, I totally agree. I ordered vinyl from Stickman, and CD from Rune Grammofon, and now this??
annoying.
April 24, 2008 07:49PM
I totally dig this. Way to go Rune! Way to go Motorpsycho! If you don't want it - don't order it. If you do, then do (order it). This stunt remnds me of something Samuel Beckett once did, with the book _Stirrings Still_ (if I remember correctly). He had it (re-) issued in 243 copies, bound in gold, signed by the author, and to top it off, the reissue came with original artwork by some shitexpensive painter. Needless to say this book was not cheap. Motorpsycho, on the other hand, we get for the equivalent of 8 pints of lager. So, way to go, in my book.
April 25, 2008 12:28AM
can someone post a link to the pic of the t-shirt, which is supposedly somewhere on the rune grammofon-site.. can't seem to find it..

alex.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2008 12:29AM by alex.
April 25, 2008 01:45AM
someone here posted this link the other day: [img413.imageshack.us]
April 25, 2008 02:35AM
I'm not like really mad or angry about it or towards Rune and don't take me for narrow-minded but well you know, the timing feels a bit bitter... like major label release policy stunts. sad smiley
April 25, 2008 12:15PM
i agree with the frustration here. especially because of the 'no there won't be a special edition this time' comment from Rune posted a few weeks before the original release which made me buy the original. oh well, now i'll have three versions of LLM.

Rock on,
Rune (man, not label)
April 25, 2008 12:27PM
mmhhh i am very diapointed too with this policy - it's a shame.
April 25, 2008 01:03PM
You won't regret buying it, though. It looks great, I just picked up my copy at the Rune Grammofon headquarters. smiling smiley White vinyl splattered with black, grey, red and green.
April 25, 2008 01:32PM
Piiiiictuuuuure?
April 25, 2008 03:13PM
Way to go, as stated. The more I think about this, the more I dig it. Why this whining? Splatter and T-shirt for 400,- NOK is a bargain by most standards. Add to this the artwork by Kim H. and the limited number, and the package amounts to an original piece of art (ref earlier mail about Beckett). On another note, if Rune makes any money off of this, he'll probably spray it into future releases in any case, and as the baron put it, that cannot be a bad thing. Just refuse to purchase the record if you already got it, or if you think three editions is too much, or if you're broke, or if you feel tricked by 'major label policies', or what not. (Then you might buy mine in a few years time. For ten times the price. Or you might not. Since I might not sell it.)

On a more amiable note, perhaps: I remembered the following lines thinking about this today: 'I can't keep myself from laughing/ When I spot someone posessed now' ('Ozone'), since the situation we're discussing is not new. Back in '97 MP released _Angels and Daemons at Play_. AADAP originally came, as you might know, as three separate cd eps, released at weekly intervals. And I bought the cds as they were released. Then, a week after (if I remember correctly) a _box_ with the cds was put on the market. The cds were identical, but whereas the later edition had the box, the first one (obviously) had not. And I guess you could argue that the boxed edition was the better one. So did I feel fucked? For a while, I guess I did. Having been 'the faithful fan', I was now being punished in the form of a 'no-box'. Pure posession, of course, 100 %. I assume that's precisely what you guys are now stuck with. But it's really just a laughing matter.
April 26, 2008 10:39AM
palo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (Then you might buy mine
> in a few years time. For ten times the price.)

smiling smiley

I didn't even know about the single AADAP EP's back then. I just bought that box. And the vinyl. Same as with BHBC and LLM. Usually I don't feel screwed, I just choose an edition. But proper information policy really is a nice thing. Though having not been informed/aware during AADAP turned out to be the better thing.

whatever...

COME MAY 21ST!!!
April 29, 2008 05:33PM
May some of you kind people on this site who
got this version please post some pics of the vinyl.

På forhånd takk.
Ole
April 29, 2008 06:07PM
Got mine today, it's fab: frozzen puke in white ice/snow.
Back to Motorpsycho home page