Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MP to record with Steve Albini for three days!!!!!!

Posted by krist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
MP to record with Steve Albini for three days!!!!!!
June 20, 2008 12:24PM
[www.courier-journal.com] (as posted in de media stories phorum by MadSunship)

Very good news this. I am really wondering what they will do...record an EP, or a whole new album, maybe also including the two songs they left off LLM. I am also really curious about their aproach with ALbini, and the kind of songs that will come out of this.

Who knows, MP could be making their own Surfer Rosa.....

and now start speculating!
mountaintop
Re: MP to record with Steve Albini for three days!!!!!!
June 20, 2008 12:29PM
Motorpsycho gone Pixies-style? :-D
This sounds very interesting indeed!
éndar
June 20, 2008 02:09PM
wow! i´m really looking forward to hear more about this collaboration!
gnappo
June 20, 2008 04:57PM
I guess they'll be thrilled like little girls grinning smiley I bet they've been listening during their "grungy age" at last a bit to that magnificent music that Steve's kept doing since the good ol' '80es. Dreams come true eheh
June 20, 2008 10:47PM
This is one of the greatest news!!! I really like Steve Albini's approach to audio engineering and his recordings are just hi-fidelity to me!!! To get an MP release recorded by him in his studio (www.electrical.com) sounds so promising.
June 21, 2008 02:21AM
fucking great. forget nirvana, he worked with om!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2008 02:22AM by happy knappy.
June 22, 2008 10:51PM
I remember Steve Albini from cult band Big Black, boy they where so good in that period of rock history, late eighties begin nineties.
Ole
June 24, 2008 12:16AM
Cool,this should of course happen 10 years ago, however it' never etc...
June 25, 2008 02:23PM
Wow, this is indeed very interesting, almost exciting: mp in that special rough albini sound...
"to the one true god above, here is my prayer": let them make another masterpiece.

p s y c h o n a u t s u n i t e ...
July 04, 2008 04:04PM
Interview in Adressa today:

Bent Sæther på bass og vokal, Ryan og den nye trommeslageren Kenneth Knapstad har spilt tre konserter i USA. I tillegg har de også tilbrakt et par dager i studio for å få oversikt over låtmaterialet.

– En slags vareopptelling, for å få føling med hva vi må jobbe med, beskriver Ryan. De har også spilt på litt nytt materiale, men hva som kommer ut av dette er uvisst fortsatt.

– Det kan ta måneder, eller flere år, sier gitaristen – som neste år kan feire 20 år med Motorpsycho.

[they] have played 3 gigs in the US. They have also spent a few days in studio to get an overview of the material.
- Sort of an inventory to get a feel for what we have to work on, says Ryan.
They have also recorded some new stuff, but they're not sure if anything will be released.
- It could take months, or even years...

from here: [www.adressa.no]
July 05, 2008 12:56AM
takk, Rune! will drop ya a line sooner or later... sorry for my laziness....

haha, this is the way of MP, of course hope to release "THAT RECORDINGS", but yeah, no one knows what is gonna happen...but nice one.
July 07, 2008 11:51AM
Another (or the rest of the?) interview in Adressa.no today:

Albini produces Motorpsycho

- We spent many days in studio and know the sound turned out great and that we played well. Now it's just a matter of finding out if the songs are good enough, says BS.
The band had three gigs in the US, found some dead time in between the gigs and contacted the man who has produced lots of rock classics - among them BS's favorite 'Surfer Rosa' with the Pixies.
Drummer Kenneth says Albini's drumsound on the latest Neurosis album is the best he's ever heard.

'Making sound' through placement of microphones was Albini's greatest contribution in the studio.
Albini was there, but left the rest up to the band.

- It was a great experience, but we need to get some more distance before we listen to the tapes to consider if we've got an album or not, says BS.

The rest of the interview is a bit bla-bla, except for this bit:
THEY ARE PLANNING A NEW TOUR THIS FALL!!!

From here: [www.adressa.no]
July 07, 2008 04:21PM
Ah sweet!

Also: ".. before we listen to the tapes to consider if we've got an album or not, says BS."

An ALBUM or not? Hell yeah.
July 07, 2008 09:58PM
ruuntje Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The rest of the interview is a bit bla-bla, except
> for this bit:
> THEY ARE PLANNING A NEW TOUR THIS FALL!!

YEAH!
I heared this some month ago and it's great to see that the fall tour is more or less confirmed
July 08, 2008 02:33AM
This is fantastic news! I'll be back in Norway in two months time and an autumn tour is just what I needed after missing the LLM tour. Hope we'll see the Albini recordings as well. Cant wait!!!

Gustav
July 08, 2008 10:26PM
This is excellent news! I hope they have an album, but an EP (Barracuda-length or something) with Albini would be great too! And a fall tour to boot... I cannot wait, even though LLM is still a staple in my cd-player (and on my turntable too).

Thanks to the guys for giving us so much to look forward too; they are surely seeming to get back into their old 'at least one record and at least one tour a year'-mode.

Great great great great GREAT!

Greets,

Thomas
July 09, 2008 01:34AM
As I said in the Roskilde-thread, I talked for a while with Kenneth after Supersilents concert there. We talked a bit about the Albini-recordings and it sounds really good (Some of what we talked about is covered in the interviews I've read after I came back though). He told me how he completely loved the sound of the drums, it was according to him one of the best drum-sounds he's ever heard. I was also told that everything was recorded 100% live - if there was a mistake, so be it. While LLM was also recorded live, they had several takes and looked at which take was best etc, but here they've recorded everything in one take. He hadn't really listened to it, so he didn't know if there was enough material here for a record (they don't want to release fillers, duh). He didn't know when this would get released though, but not in 2008 for sure. Otherwise we talked about some various stuff - how great the Neil Young-concert was, about Supersilent, Motorpsycho in general (it seems like that while both Snah and Bent hate Phanerothyme, Kenneth really digs that one. He doesn't like It's a love cult and Let Them Eat Cake though. Thought that was a funny fact).
July 09, 2008 12:13PM
I do agree with Kenneth; Phanerothyme is by far the best of the "pop-trilogy". But I don't think
Bent and Snah hate that record. Otherwise they wouldn't have played Bedroom Eyes and Landslide
on the 2008 European tour.
September 02, 2008 03:29PM
Anyone overhere ever saw Steve Albini (playing with Big Black) live?
Then you know that guy isn't a ballad dude grinning smiley, but had hard as it comes.
mybestfriend83
September 02, 2008 11:09PM
Man i hope they dont hate the record and still play something from it....
it is one the beautifullest in its own way and especially in 2000-2001 nothing was released that sounded that warm and enjoyable and off course it unbeliveable motorpsychodelic.... i never heared them playing california live....

And how can somebody not like love cult ???? and how not l.t.e.c. ???? confused smiley
but anyway he is a amazing drummer....
Back to Motorpsycho home page