Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another ugly Youtube-interview

Posted by otherdemon 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Another ugly Youtube-interview
September 11, 2008 09:36PM
Pre-Steinkjer-gig Interview

Funniest quote ever:

Snah: "When Gebhardt left, he took with him all the sex, drugs and rock n' roll. And STD's."

grinning smileygrinning smiley grinning smiley

Other than that, a very nice interview.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2008 09:37PM by otherdemon.
Re: Another ugly Youtube-interview
September 12, 2008 11:53AM
Some more translation?
My Norwegian is somewhat poor :-)
September 13, 2008 11:11PM
This is a attempt to translate some of the key-points. Sorry for my (sometimes) poor english:

Songwriting:
-Its not coming from inspiration, to write songs are like ”an old habit”. It`s like going to the toilet…. Snah replies: It has to get out (ha ha). We have been writing songs for 20 years, and it all happens automaticly. We listen to it afterwords and pick out the best parts.

About the songs on LLM:
-The songs are much mone in ”the same universe” as on the last one (BH/BC). The songs (on BH/BC) was struggeling for the attention. This record is more ”a whole thing” rather than a collection of songs.

About KK:
-KK is more of a drummer than HG. HG had a lot of focus on banjo, singing and keyboard. Then they joke about KK singing in the future. KK jokes about that he has bought a banjo, and that he is practising…

About how MP has changed after KK:
-2/3 of mp are in someway in the same universe as before, 1/3 is new (KK). KK are into energybased music; freejazz and extreme metal – Snah reply that the energy KK provides are inspitating for his guitarplaying too. Hard rock/metal are their common referance.

About their catalogue:
-It`s impossible to pick out witch album they like the most. They are very different from eachother, and they are like diarys of what MP was doing at that particular time. Some are off course better than others, though. Snah says that he still listen to LLM, and thats a good sign. That is not the case with some of their other works (but he don`t mention any titles).
September 15, 2008 08:16AM
Thanx for your fine work - and no worry ... your english is fine. It sure beats my norwegian my far ;-)
October 24, 2008 12:57PM
thanks for the translation!
October 24, 2008 03:34PM
is it difficult to talk backwards? Wanna learn it, planing to visit Norway next year, there must be something in the air overthere cool smiley

thx 4 translation winking smiley
October 24, 2008 03:53PM
Another gem: They claim have played so loud in Steinkjer that the wall cracked.
Back to Motorpsycho home page