Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

good advice........

Posted by mark de klerk 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
good advice........
September 29, 2008 10:58AM
If you've been a motorpsycho fan for more then a few minutes you might remember some advice i gave a while back.The advice basically described a sound that i invented in my head that creates that siren sound that i am not musically capable of performing.But my hopes were that the sound would be named after me based upon the laws of intellectual property rights.A few weeks went by and i heard this band performing my sound, but the sound wasn't named after me.The band wasn't labeled at all !! Wich led me to believe that i wasn't going to get credit for the sound.That made me sort of sad.But rather then cry about it, i just thought maybe i should give some more advice to increase my chances of having a sound named after me.So what follows is some more advice that i hope will manage to get my name in the musical history books.The fact that i personally don't use this advice is not important to me.I hope it's not important to you.If it is, the you're no better then the jocks.So let's begin.

The Wave Dyndorf advice.

You know who Dave Wyndorf is, huh??? He's that guy who would throw down his guitar and burn it JUST SHORTLY AFTER HIS BAND STARTS THE FIRST SONG OF THE EVENING, smashing complete equipment with his flaming guitar like a psychotic samurai burning the whole place down.Well, the Wave Dyndorf is similar, except you are doing it while soundchecking.

Don't forget those matches!!!!
Re: good advice........
September 29, 2008 04:20PM
Ok, so what's your advice?
mybestfriend83
Re: good advice........
September 29, 2008 09:39PM
What siren sound did you created if it wasnt the sound of smashing your equipment ????
Comes it close to the sound i look for in a thread down her ?
From She left on the sunship ????.
Re: good advice........
November 10, 2008 01:16PM
The internet is a hell of a thing.It'll tell you almost anything that you don't want to know.Due to my severe lack of social skills and extreme fear of large crowds, the only way i can handle these situations is if i'm intoxicated.Guess that's why i spend most of the time at the gigs in a corner getting drunk with my best friends.I've been able to dodge a lot of gigs over the last few years but i still owe them a case of beer for the excellent work and for making up my shortcommings in life when it comes to life.I know some might think "why is this pig out of buisness"?? but the setting wasn't ideal.But i'd have to try and keep your attention with these stories you're about to read.

An inspirational teacher can change the course of a students' lives.I think that's why i skipped class.

Good Advice : How to get kicked out of your band.

I've been playing music for about 10 years now, so i consider myself to be somewhat of an expert on music.And if there is one thing i learned about music is that to get really good at it you have to spend a ridiculous amount of time to it.That equals not dedicating a lot of time to all those other things in life that might take time away from your "on band" time.So what are you going to do? Kindly ask the other guys from your band to kick you out so you can go get busy with life again??? Hell no!!!!! You're going to have to get creative if you want to remove yourself from that prison keeping you from being sane.So here's some advice to get on it!!!

[1] Make a parrot costume and wear it to the practice room with a jam box Duct-taped to your chest and play Jimmy Buffet tapes at full blast all day long. When asked to stop, just scream, "You can't stop the future!!!!

2] Climb to the top of the drums with your guitar and do a flick flack onto the amps while screaming "Nirvana forever"".Even if you don't get kicked out of the band, you'll still need 4 weeks of recovery so they probably found another freak to replace you.


Good luck.
Re: good advice........
November 10, 2008 01:58PM
Mark, why did you place this in the sub-forum "Motorpsycho discussion"? How about getting a therapy instead of spamming online communities? Fwiw, I visit this forum in order to discuss MP-related things and not to read your freak-posts on a daily basis.

Thank you!

Alex
marc
Re: good advice........
November 10, 2008 03:02PM
fillmore, i get your point, but c'mon..it's not like there is a thousand off-topic posts each day!!

i am also interested in all tiny bits concerning mp and look forward to new posts,but in the end it's not serious-to-the-bones-science! i think we all should be okay with some weirdness from time to time!smiling bouncing smiley

best, marc
Re: good advice........
November 10, 2008 07:22PM
I second that Marc. Personally i think it was quite funny. And it's not as if this forum is filled to the bursting point with MP related stuff each day anyway. Nice with a little OT from time to time to keep us going...

So filmiore; Quit yer yappin'. Nobody put a gun to your head anyway. You could have just left winking smiley



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2008 07:30PM by The Golden Blissard Demon.
jtr
Re: good advice........
November 11, 2008 05:28AM
I second alex fillmore's posting... I'm getting tired of the random freak postings too. This is a Motorpsycho forum after all, not some place to discuss... well, whatever it was !? - to be quite frank, I never really got what mark was trying to tell us. But maybe that's because I'm staying away from drugs of all sorts..
Re: good advice........
November 11, 2008 09:05AM
I agree with Fillmore and jtr. Please keep this forum spam free.
Re: good advice........
November 11, 2008 09:22AM
haha! i need some rolling-around-while-laughing-their-asses-off-smilies. what band was it, who performed the wave dyndorf?
Re: good advice........
November 11, 2008 12:24PM
OMG this forum would be the dullest ever if you guys got what you wanted. I've seen the signs more than once; Max activity amongst psychonauts in here when a cd/dvd/whatever is released, but dead as a grave in between releases/concerts/general highlights. What kind of forum will this be if a fellow naut isn't allowed to share some of his/her "Off Topic" thoughts from time to time, without getting the head bitten off by grumpy posters? What's the harm? It's not as if we're spammed out with jibberish on a daily basis. And just a reminder; However weird his post was, he clearly referred to MP regarding that sound anyway, so it was not even Off Topic.

Bottom line (imho); I think you're making a big deal about nothin'
jonne
Re: good advice........
November 11, 2008 01:16PM
I am in total agreement with Fillmore's much-needed post earlier. This is not the place for pointless nonsense; mentioning mp in a post intended to vent off one's frustrations (and this really is the best I can make of it) doesn't make it on-topic. If you want you get whatever off your chest, there are plenty of forums to do just that. Or you can create your own forum.
marc
Re: good advice........
November 11, 2008 02:23PM
WTF! i don't get it!
why are all you guys so serious about this?
this is not a forum of people collecting stamps (to whom i have nothing against btw)...hey,we're fans of a fucking rock band!!!!!
if you're not able to filter one absurd post out of ten,then...sorry,but then you're not exactly a bright light!

man,i had never believed that mp-fans could be so cramped!
jonne
Re: good advice........
November 11, 2008 04:22PM
Well, i don't think there is a need to start accusing people here of 'not being bright lights'. And I will resist the temptation of throwing something similar back at you.

I think this discussion is not so much about this particular thread. It's about what the users would consider as valuable, on topic attributions and off-topic banter. Coming back to my previous point: there are other places for that banter. I, for one, enjoy doing that with my friends after a few beers, rather than waste my time at a computer screen.
Re: good advice........
November 11, 2008 04:45PM
I agree with fillmore, jtr, gusse and jonne !

The Golden Blissard Demon wrote:
>Max activity amongst psychonauts in here when a cd/dvd/whatever is released, but dead as a grave in between releases/concerts/general highlights...

What's wrong with this? It's totally ok for me if there are times, where nothing is happening in here because there's nothing new from MP... I read this forum from time to time to get some news about motorpsycho and because I'm not in G35 to get my news about touring, releases and trivia...

And since the last one or two years you have to "skip" so many posts it really gets annoying!
It's ok for me to exchange experiences and information about other favorite bands than Motorpsycho though, although I mostly dont read that stuff anymore, because I need nobodys help to have my music-taste tongue sticking out smiley

But regarding topics like "now it's time to skate" or "good advice..." or that "declaring war to potheads-thingy" in the setlist-forum (it's for setlists!) which have nothing to do with music or MP, I dont really think they fit in here...

And no, I cant filter out the absurd posts at once, because they are quite often in topics where there also used to be posts, which contain usefull information tongue sticking out smiley So, some of you waste others time because they have to scroll a lot because of you!

So please, marc, change your habit, save your spare time for better things in life, reduce the spam!
Re: good advice........
November 11, 2008 06:03PM
there's a mp break (no releases, no shows, no breathtaking news) and everyone seems to become mad. i can understand that. but slow down everybody. it does'nt make sense. we are neither a hyperexclusive association of "keepers-of-the-holy-mp-truth", nor just drugonauts. i mean we are all just fans. that's all. but if you take that shit serious go on.

sorry for my harsh words. smileys with beer
marc
Re: good advice........
November 11, 2008 06:36PM
@otherothernils

reduce the spam? sorry,but i can't go less than zero! winking smiley (btw i am not mark de klerk)

i apologize for that "bright light"-statement, but in return i want you all to get back on track as well and leave that negative mindset towards people posting nonsense fro time to time. let'squit this shit...everybody agree?

c'mon,at least it's not penis enlargement ads!!! winking smiley
Re: good advice........
November 11, 2008 06:36PM
I have no problem with this kind of threads in these low activity times.

If you don't wanna read it, then just don't click yr way into this thread.
Simple as that.
Re: good advice........
November 11, 2008 06:42PM
agree
Re: good advice........
November 11, 2008 10:26PM
jtr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I second alex fillmore's posting... I'm getting
> tired of the random freak postings too. This is a
> Motorpsycho forum after all, not some place to
> discuss... well, whatever it was !? - to be quite
> frank, I never really got what mark was trying to
> tell us. But maybe that's because I'm staying away
> from drugs of all sorts..

Did you ever stop to think that he just might wanna share a fun thought with fellow psychonauts. He might just think you'd enjoy it. Also, what point is it that this is a Motorpsycho forum? Show me a band forum which is limited to containing ONLY band related posts, and i'll pull my own head out of my ass. But on the other hand...that's Off Topic, so i guess i can't do that.

marc wrote:
----------------------------------------------------------
> man,i had never believed that mp-fans could be so cramped!

Couldn't have said it better myself!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2008 10:45PM by The Golden Blissard Demon.
Back to Motorpsycho home page