Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

good advice........

Posted by mark de klerk 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: good advice........
November 12, 2008 03:30AM
I agree with alex and the others totaly.
I like it spamfree here, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2008 03:30AM by superstooka.
November 12, 2008 08:35AM
There is evidently a polarisation of the forumites when it comes to the tolerance of "off topics". Some forums have a dedicated "off topic" "sub-forum" where discussion/rantings about off topic issues can be adressed. Maybe it would be a good idea to create such a sub-forum here? If so the MP discussion can be 100% on-topic and Off-topic discussion can be 100% off topic.

cheers
Gustav
November 12, 2008 09:04AM
gusse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is evidently a polarisation of the forumites
> when it comes to the tolerance of "off topics".
> Some forums have a dedicated "off topic"
> "sub-forum" where discussion/rantings about off
> topic issues can be adressed. Maybe it would be a
> good idea to create such a sub-forum here? If so
> the MP discussion can be 100% on-topic and
> Off-topic discussion can be 100% off topic.
>
> cheers
> Gustav

That is also a good solution IMO.
November 12, 2008 09:15AM
First of all...regarding my somewhat harsh words...no offence to anyone. You're all good ppl (i think). I just find it fun to discuss this abit, since there's obviously not much going on in here these days besides what we create ourselves. To create alittle stir if you will. That being said; Gusse is on to something with his idea. But until a OT sub forum is created, one should be able to wonder OT from time to time, just to keep the forum going, share some laughs and thoughts. But to be fair to those who can't seem to handle a side track from time to time, i think that everyone wanting to post something that is off topic should mark their threads with "OT". That way it'll be easier for some to dodge these posts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2008 12:28PM by The Golden Blissard Demon.
jtr
November 12, 2008 05:09PM
Like always, it would be fine to a certain amount, but there is a fine line between both worlds, and in recent times, I felt this line was crossed more often than not. I'm not here to make rules, I'm just pointing out a Motorpsycho forum should be primarily for MP discussion and then a smaller amount of offtopic, which was not the case anymore. Perhaps an off-topic forum would be a good idea, yes. In the meantime I second GDBs proposition of marking OT-topics clearly as such.

But personally, I was quite happy this forum is just for MP - I got other forums for other stuff too. I wouldnt waste space here to talk about computer games or movies either - in the same vein it shouldnt be "misused" regularly, I think.
Gnappo
November 12, 2008 06:50PM
So do we have to decide who can go off-topic and who can't? c'mon at last there isn't left so much to say about MP winking smiley
November 12, 2008 09:05PM
I was browsing the forum today, and frankly, i'm a bit curious as to why we're even discussing this in the first place.
Amongst say 50 threads, i found perhaps 2-3 that were off topic. Nothing to bitch about i think.

Plus, what some of you call SPAM, are posts written by those ppl joining you at MP gigs, raving about their new cd's, and generally share the same interests in music and MP. Apart from that horrible spamming round we had some time ago, i wouldn't call any of the postings in here SPAM. Rather psychonaut interaction. It's just too bad that one has to mention MP in one way or another to be able to talk to a fellow naut without getting bashed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2008 09:15PM by The Golden Blissard Demon.
November 12, 2008 10:31PM
ähem and by the way: it was funny. at least imho. so i think some of us take this way to serious. i mean who knows in what state of mind mark did write this stuff. hehe imagine him sitting in front of his pc writing this bullshit about wave dyndorf and stuff. too funny!
what if there comes some absurd idea comes to my mind these days and i don´t dare to post it here, because i´m afraid i would get bashed for this. and so noone will share my visions of enlightment. what a loss! (well, you don´t have to take this too serious either)
i always associated Motorpsycho and Psychonautic with freeing the mind and breaking down the walls of the social structure which keeps us imprisoned and seeking for wisdom and enlightment and so on. well, u know... hippie stuff.
and telling people not to spam the forum with weird psychobabble-spam and not to dance and scream and sing and jump arround on the gigs doesn´t seem quite hippelike to me. perhaps i missed something but i simply don´t get it. thats simply not what i think is beeing a psychonaut is about and i´m afraid here we come to the serious part. but who am i to ask what it is about....

So lets all have our own minds. An off-topic forum wuld be cool.
First advice for a cool off-topic thread: quantum mechanics and spiritual enlightment

Have Fun and sail on!
Philipp
November 12, 2008 11:57PM
True words my friend. We're on the same page on this one!
November 13, 2008 06:33AM
yes, thats true dr. phil.
motörbed
November 13, 2008 10:03AM
i second dr phil and marc and mark and blah blah blah... give us a off topic subforum and call it psychobabble spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
so can you offtopic haters stay out and the babblers babble
November 13, 2008 08:20PM
I don't care about having an OT forum or not. It's probably better to have one if there is desire to express oneself about non-MP related stuff.

But reading some postings here, a question comes to mind: are MP-fans considered to be a somewhat different species of beings?
November 15, 2008 03:00PM
The Golden Blissard Demon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OMG this forum would be the dullest ever if you
> guys got what you wanted. I've seen the signs more
> than once; Max activity amongst psychonauts in
> here when a cd/dvd/whatever is released, but dead
> as a grave in between releases/concerts/general
> highlights. What kind of forum will this be if a
> fellow naut isn't allowed to share some of his/her
> "Off Topic" thoughts from time to time, without
> getting the head bitten off by grumpy posters?
> What's the harm? It's not as if we're spammed out
> with jibberish on a daily basis. And just a
> reminder; However weird his post was, he clearly
> referred to MP regarding that sound anyway, so it
> was not even Off Topic.
>
> Bottom line (imho); I think you're making a big
> deal about nothin'

You are very very right.
I sometimes forget coming to this forum because there is nothing going on.
That way I might mis out on MP info that I do want.

Changing thoughts with other Psychonauts is a good activity.
Back to Motorpsycho home page