Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT

Posted by mark de klerk 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: OT
December 05, 2008 01:40PM
Dudes! We´re Psychonauts! Ever watched Naked Lunch? "Exterminate all rational thought!"
Do it! Do it!
Magnusgabriel
December 06, 2008 05:23AM
Anyone know where one can get MP posters?? I want to lighten & brighten up my room!
December 06, 2008 04:34PM
current poster: [cgi.ebay.de]
Magnusgabriel
December 07, 2008 10:02PM
Ah thanks, cool!
December 11, 2008 05:30PM
As I already wrote, I dont mind an OT section. Nor do I mind any weird- and sillyness. Come on! I thought this wasn't the issue either. I was only pointing out the unnecessity (is that an english word?) of trolling and spaming and generally unfunny redneck crap that can be read anywhere on any board which seemed to rear its dumb head in here too.

Talking about anything, be it boring or weird or senseless, is a good and valuable thing. I'd just be happy if a certain amount of quality (whatever that means but we could at least try to figure) was to be maintained.
December 25, 2008 08:02PM
Christmas!!!!No beter time then now to reveal who is this years PSYCHONAUT OF THE YEAR ....well sadly it only took like one a second and half a look around to see who gets crowned this year.......so we'll keep it a secret this year who kept this years price in his pocket.So no prices this year? Well maybe if i come to short terms.....

Darren.....Karma Defect.....congratulations.You're Motorpsycho's Superstooge of the Year. Another epic night, the hangover is almost gone.
habel lebah
December 26, 2008 01:48AM
Hi

I just want to inform you about gebharts upcoming tour in the middel east, he wil be performing selected mp songs on drums and banjo. Starting in Bethlehem in january, a DVD will be realesed shortly. His girlfriend will be joiming him on stage wearing a burka performing mp lyrics. PS male muslims ONLY.

"camel riding to mp heaven"
December 26, 2008 03:13AM
Enough about Ot, what about SIEN?
December 28, 2008 01:16PM
@ Dr. Phil: WATCHED Naked Lunch? You mean that attempt of Cronenberg to film the unfilmable book by William S. Burroughs? Read the book, man, infinitely better! Oh and get a copy of the Burroughs-cd "Break Through in Grey Room" and listen to that in a dark, smoke-filled room.

Here is an excerpt from "Naked Lunch" that might be slightly on-topic for the off-topics.

THE MAN WHO TAUGHT HIS ASSHOLE TO TALK

Benway: "Did I ever tell you about the man who taught his asshole to talk? His whole abdomen would move up and down you dig farting out the words. It was unlike anything I ever heard.

"This ass talk had a sort of gut frequency. It hit you right down there like you gotta go. You know when the old colon gives you the elbow and it feels sorta cold inside, and you know all you have to do is turn loose? Well this talking hit you right down there, a bubbly, thick stagnant sound, a sound you could smell.

"This man worked for a carnival you dig, and to start with it was like a novelty ventriloquist act. Real funny, too, at first. He had a number he called 'The Better 'Ole' that was a scream, I tell you. I forget most of it but it was clever. Like, 'Oh I say, are you still down there, old thing?'

"'Nah! I had to go relieve myself.'

"After a while the ass started talking on its own. He would go in without anything prepared and his ass would ad-lib and toss the gags back at him every time.

"Then it developed sort of teeth-like little raspy in- curving hooks and started eating. He thought this was cute at first and built an act around it, but the asshole would eat its way through his pants and start talking on the street, shouting out it wanted equal rights. It would get drunk, too, and have crying jags nobody loved it and it wanted to be kissed same as any other mouth. Finally it talked all the time day and night, you could hear him for blocks screaming at it to shut up, and beating it with his fist, and sticking candles up it, but nothing did any good and the asshole said to him: 'It's you who will shut up in the end. Not me. Because we don't need you around here any more. I can talk and eat and shit.'

"After that he began waking up in the morning with a transparent jelly like a tadpole's tail all over his mouth. This jelly was what the scientists call un-D.T., Undifferentiated Tissue, which can grow into any kind of flesh on the human body. He would tear it off his mouth and the pieces would stick to his hands like burning gasoline jelly and grow there, grow anywhere on him a glob of it fell. So finally his mouth sealed over, and the whole head would have amputated spontane- ous -- (did you know there is a condition occurs in parts of Africa and only among Negroes where the little toe amputates spontaneously?) -- except for the eyes you dig. That's one thing the asshole couldn't do was see. It needed the eyes. But nerve connections were blocked and infiltrated and atrophied so the brain couldn't give orders any more. It was trapped in the skull, sealed off. For a while you could see the silent, helpless suffering of the brain behind the eyes, then finally the brain must have died, because the eyes went out, and there was no more feeling in them than a crab's eye on the end of a stalk."

Greetings,

Thomas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2008 01:49PM by TvdR.
December 28, 2008 02:52PM
Yeah i mean the film but i understood it more like the attempt to film burroughs writing of the book itself or something like that. and to my shame i must admit that i dont know nothing else by burroughs yet and i didn´t know if that phrase comes up somewhere else in his work. but i found that very cool for a motto in life. not just "nevermind" or "don´t worry" but "exterminate all rational thought!"
After that tasty excerpt i´m looking forward to check out burroughs stuff but i´m afraid i have to put it on the end of the list after Lynch, Foucault, Habermas, and some strange hippie-new-age-quantum-mechanics-docementaries and my intermediate exams in philosophy.
Perhaps this is gonna be the right spring vacation reading. perhaps in combination with some hunter s. thompson stuff. Sounds like a good plan to me.
Thanks Thomas
Sail on!
Philipp
December 28, 2008 04:47PM
Hello there Philip,

Yeah, Cronenberg tried to weave strains of William Burroughs' real life into the 'story' of his film "Naked Lunch". I say 'story', because that book does not have a real story to speak of, I always liken it to a fragmentation-bomb. Burroughs once said he tried to write a book that you can start reading at whatever place in the book you wanted, and I think he succeeded.

Be sure your motto is somewhere in the book, and might as well be the motto for the whole book!

In my opinion, the best ones are the early ones. "Junky" and "Queer" are straight, quasi-autobiographical novels, but he really started to get going after "Naked Lunch" and it's companion-pieces "The Soft Machine", "The Ticket That Exploded" and - to a lesser degree - "Nova Express".

If you combine it with some Hunter S. Thompson (indeed a great combo for a messed-up holiday), the place to start is "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" (of course), but "Hells Angels" and "Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail" are pretty funny too.

You're very welcome and set the controls for the heart of the sun!

Thomas
January 01, 2009 11:04AM
HHHHHHHHHHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppyyyyyyyy new year fools.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 13, 2009 03:35PM
How not to reach Psychonaut Stardom.

ALL PSYCHONAUTS dream of PSYCHONAUT STARDOM, don't they? I know I did. Who wouldn't want to HAVE PSYCHONAUT STARDOM? The traveling, the free stuff, the not having to sit behind a desk or a counter or a computer for eight hours a day. It's sort of like being an athletic rock star, complete with leather jackets and ties worn around your head. But at some point I realized that I was never going to be good enough at being a psychonaut to join the elite ranks of superstooges.So if you're looking for some advice i'd suggest asking this pig on how not to reach PSYCHONAUT STARDOM.I got your ass covered.

1. FIND OUT who the manager is for a record label and send them a sponsor-me tape that doesn't have any songs of your band on it, but instead has footage of you dressed up in your sister's pajamas singing Billy Joel songs to a frozen turkey.

2. GET A BUNCH of shitty bands logos tattooed on your face and neck. Because that shit's super hard to market. Even in an ironically stupid kind of way. Not like leather vests and moustaches.

3. TAKE RAZOR WIRE and saw off both of your arms. Because even if the doctors put them back on you're probably going to have trouble with your guitar from there on out. I don't know for sure but it seems like you would, doesn't it?

4. IF YOU'RE ALREADY on a record company, then a surefire way not to reach PSYCHONAUT STARDOM is to sleep with the wife of the dude who's running the company. Because when you do shit like that you immediately get placed in the "fuckface file." PSYCHONAUTS in the fuckface file rarely reach PSYCHONAUT STARDOM.

5. SPEND ALL YOUR TIME getting really good at PLAYING LOOPS. Because even though that shit is super hard and totally awesome, in general people really don't give two shits about it.

6.GO TO ALL SHOWS and introduce yourself as the ON ARRIVAL messias to all the cool dudes.Most dudes claiming jesus titles immediatly get thrown a glass of warm piss in their faces after shaking their hands.Another way of how to not reach PSYCHONAUT STARDOM.

7. SEND A LETTER OUT to the scene before you move there telling everybody to "get ready" for your arrival on the scene. That way, even if you do reach PSYCHONAUT STARDOM , your contract will probably include some sort of yard dart endorsement stipulation.

8. LEARN ONLY THREE LOOPS and play nothing but more. Trust me. This was the route I took and it's damn near impossible to make a sponsor-me video when that's the variety pack you have to choose from.

9. AND IN THE SAME BOAT, go ahead and wear a purple coat and play nothing but grunge and unpluggeds. Because not only has that shit been done, but it's about to be the same thing as showing up to the scene and doing Nirvana . You know, some crappy type shit.

10. LASTLY, YOU'RE NEVER going to reach PSYCHONAUT STARDOM if you sit in your house all day reading message boards and being a hateful little fuck . You get what you give. And if all you're giving is shit, then that's exactly what you're gonna get. Whoa dude, I think I just turned into my dad. Sweet.
January 16, 2009 09:22AM
What kind of way is there to pay grattitude to a band who has drive and inspiration most bands can only dream of.I thought of all the work Motorpsycho had done over the decades and all the effort they put in it making those incredible records everytime.Motorpsycho have spoiled us over and over again and embrassed us in their arms like we were there selfmade kids.If i can speak a moment for myself then i have to say i am VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY PROUD, yes, everyday i feel the rush and adrenaline, everyday i feel alive day after day.So this is how it feels to be a Psychonaut, this is how it feels to be the superstooge.......and it feels soooooooo goooodd.As for the rose........amazing awesome brillant.....whatever you guys had in mind with it.....it worked!!!!!!! The best complimet for the band must be that they have realized a dream and live with it.So as for Seather......there was an before and there was an after dream.We met and i think thats about as much as wearing a crown, huh fools? Well this fool they called crazy......this pig in the dirt.......would just like to say

GUYS YOU ROCK!!!!!!! WE LIVE!!!!!!!!!

WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Did i just said that?????????
January 20, 2009 09:07AM
SOMETIMES IT'S HARD to tell what's cool and what's not. You know? It's like, one minute you're wearing your stonewashed pleated Guess jeans and everybody wants to ride in your Camaro. And then the next minute you can't even get somebody to comb your moustache with their tongue.And the Psychonaut life is even trickier then regular life.The Psychonaut life has all of these secret little rules about what's hot and what's not.And it can be really difficult to know what's cool one day from the next.So I've composed a little list to help you out. You should probably just go get fitted for that bonnet right now. Word?

What's Sad : What's Rad

1 Burning churches 1 Starting a religion
2 Boy Grunge Bands 2 Dudes In their 30s that can still barely play guitar
3 Tattoos 3 Limb Removal
4 Beer 4 Chardonnay
5 Partying 5 Partying Harder
6 Marijuana Cigarettes 6 Corn Cob pipes filled with Big League Chew
7 Punk Rock Image 7 The French Dandy Image
8 Internet 8 Church
9 The "I Don't Give A Fuck Attitude" 9 Volunteering At A Retirement Community
January 22, 2009 09:24AM
It's always fun at The mansion, you can try to beat my crazy dog SW with a game of skate, try to beat me with a guitar hero battle or take a walk trough the art gallery that has some of the strangest collections of weirdness, you might even get lost on the shitter reading all kinds of sk8 mags for hours.As like everyday yesterday seemed to be a nothing new but another great day to celebrate.We went back and forwards the entire MP collection and made up a list of things to do while listening mp and did coffee.Crazy pancake flips with my dog SW ( i found another pancake behind the refregerator this morning but i used it to mob to mob the floor) who went from the nicest chill dog on the couch landing the sickest tricks on ea skate for one moment then changed into the 4th horserider of the apocalyps using the skillet like his sword to scrape of the pancakes from the ceiling.As the sun went down shitloads of friends dropped by for dinner and turned The Mansion into big chaos of decks, smelly shoes, mobiles ringing continually and i believed no one knew for certain who ate who's meal in the end.But as the apple pie kicked in and BH/BC became set the mood for the night crazy laughs until the morning light.I don't know if the groaning was real, same with the local screwing my ex in the bathroom i only know i kicked them out.

Early morning head's all blurry, coffee and signatures, keys and chords, dishes all over the place, but another great day to celebrate.And ehhhhhh.....cake!!!!!!
January 24, 2009 09:52AM
How to talk Psychobabble on the internet.

Have you ever heard of the Internet? It's this really crazy place on your computer where you can watch all sorts of music videos and read all sort of stuff about music companies and their rockstars.Like, really important stuff too.Like, if some major rockstar quits their sunglass sponsor for another sunglass sponsor you can read all about it.I know, it's crazy.And the best part is that as soon as you're done checking out a video or reading about some dude's PSYCHONAUT career, you can instantly and anonymously talk some major heavy duty shit. Awesome, huh? Here's how.

1. You're going to want to start of by getting on the Internet. You aren't going to physically get on the Internet. I mean, it's not like getting on an airplane or a horse. You get on the Internet by pressing start on your computer and then making the Internet go. I know that sounds pretty high tech, but this is sort of complicated stuff.

2. OK so you're on the internet. Where to start? I'd recommend making your Internet go to www.motorpsycho.fix.no And I'm not just saying that because I like their music . I'm saying that because ... Well ... actually I'm saying that because I like their music.

3. SO you're on motorpsycho's website. Good job. Now look for a section called the OT section. That section allows the user (you) to read or view posts and then leave comments. And by leave comments I mean talk shit. And by talk shit I mean you're going to have the opportunity to be a total asshole without any type of "fist city" repereussions.

4. Let's say that the post you chose to talk shit about happens to be a video. What you're going to want to do is watch the video and then think of some really shitty things to say about that video. Don't limit yourself to the skating in the video. Use your imagination for Jiminy's sake

5. You can talk shit about the music in the section, the way the dudes were dressed at the concert , the company that the music was advertising, the manner in which the guys chose to piece the songs together, the font used for the titles ... You can literally talk shit about anything you want. Talk shit about a dude's moustache if you want.It really doesn't matter.

6.So basically just pick something and then talk shit about using some sort of homoerotic language.I don't really know why this is necessary, but I've done a lot of Internet so I'm just reporting what I know. Example: "I can't believe they covered that gay ass Stephen Stills song .That totally massages man thighs."

7. IF you chose a post about some sort of new album information then you pretty much do the same thing. Like if you read about some rockstar switching sunglass companies, then you can write something like: "Really? They 're collecting cheeks from that corporation now? Bad move! Way to grope man boobs! Eat balls and lick a dude's face!

8.OR if you chose to talk shit about a post dealing with a new record company being formed you could just write something along the lines of: "What the freak? Sounds awful. I mean, eat a penis sandwich and get in the unemployment line already! And eat some crumbs out of Kenny Rogers' beard too while you're at it]"

9. Really i don't have any other advice for you. All you really need to do to talk shit on the Internet is to have so little going on in your own life that you feel the need to tear down other people for actually following their dreams or taking chances with their lives.

10. HA HA, I just re-read that last sentence I wrote. What the hell? Man, I'm getting so old and preachy I should start writing a column for my local newspaper. Actually I think it's really funny that people talk so much shit on the Internet. And if it ever dried up I'd probably be really sad (and bored). I just wish people would be more creative when they talk shit. Instead of just saying that everything is "gay," why not get creative? If you don't like a company why not compare it to having your Heart-O-Gram tattoo removed when you're in your 40s? Oh snaps, I think I just talked some shit myself. My bad.

Note. If this article is read in the future and there's no such thing as the Internet, or the Internet has changed so radically that this article makes no sense, then I'd just like you to know that Zeppelin still rules!
January 24, 2009 02:22PM
January 25, 2009 10:13AM
ppfffff skipped classes last week.Doing some jewish folk on piano right now.Had an A last time.I composed `Burrying the axe`, sounds like a McCartney song.Did some distortion but it´s messing up my ears.Been dreaming about el bajo y la bateria for a while.It´s hard to get any of the ground here, so i guess it´´s more A Libe on piano.I like the k.signatures man.Those are fun.Translating chords to key signature.Coffee all day.Tick tock tick tock tick tock......when is he going to wake me up? Is that a Celine Dion song playing in my head? Everybody´s a teacher telling me the same......damn you´re good and i wished you had a band to play in.

OK so what happend to the 3 monkeys? Well actually there were 4 of them but i guess 1 turned back to clay.The first one went back to school and had some chims.The second one did likewise but had no chims yet.And the third monkey.....welll....he turned into this pig.No chims.
January 25, 2009 10:27AM
Back to Motorpsycho home page