Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rockefeller april 25, 2008

Posted by john 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
john
Rockefeller april 25, 2008
April 26, 2008 02:05AM
As far as I can remember:

Serpentine
STG
Sail On
You Lose
LLM
Year Zero
High Time
Sparks
Triggerman
Heartattack mac
Alchymist
---
Sunship
Kill devil Hills
Taifun
---
No Evil
Hey Jane
Hogwash
Black to comm

Comment: They sounded really good, real tight. I liked the new songs live - sunship had a great ending with snah doing some nice stuff. Heartattck mac and Taifun are ofcourse a great addition to the setlist, the other older songs have been played too much I think the last few tours.
mats
Re: Rockefeller april 25, 2008
April 26, 2008 02:09AM
I agree - i liked tonight's set in spite of the obvious songs that could've been replaced. But i think that the band wanted to prove the real power of BH/BC now that they're a real band again..

However:

* great sound (the band's best ever?).
* fun fact: snah and bent has switched places on stage.
* strong and stretched versions of most songs.
* the band in a great mood.
April 26, 2008 03:01AM
The setlist looks accurate enough.

Funniest comment right before the first encore:
Bent: Are you in a party mood?
Audience: YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
Bent: Well, we're gonna put a stop to that.

They played from 22:30 to approx 01:20. Hogwash (first time with Kenneth)
was dedicated to some anniversary they had @ Rockefeller.

Snah took lead vox on most of the main set.

They played another cover inside BTC (unknown to me, old bluesy tune I think)

Great sound (might be because Bent & Snah switched places?)

Setlist was good, something for everyone. Heavy improving most of the main set
and first encore, while the last one was more of a "hit-parade".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2008 03:04AM by otherdemon.
April 26, 2008 03:35AM
HHogwash!
April 26, 2008 04:11AM
I love the internet. But shit, I should have been there. 17 mai in Berlin!
April 26, 2008 09:42AM
Someone posted a setlist-scan on Facebook. Here's the accurate setlist:

- Serpentine ->
- STG ->
- Sail On ->
- You Lose
- LLM
- Year Zero
- Triggerman ->
- High Time ->
- Sparks
- Heartattack Mac ->
- The Alchymist
-----------------------------
- Sunship ->
- Kill Devil Hills ->
- Taifun
-----------------------------
- No Evil ->
- Hey Jane
- Hogwash
- Black To Comm (not on the setlist)
mags
April 26, 2008 11:49AM
By far the most boring MP concert I've ever been to. Left before the first encore - BH/BC stuff still stinks, and the new stuff is all over the place. Will not be getting the album this time.
Andreas the Totenoid
April 26, 2008 12:01PM
Truly fantastic concert!
Tight as hell, great sound, and Kenneth is the man!
Highlights: All of LLM, Heartattack Mac, Tainfun, Hogwash
April 26, 2008 12:23PM
Too hell with these deprecatory comments! This was the BEST that I've seen them in God knows how long. Snah sang remarkably cleanly and.. lucidly, especially on Year Zero. He's able to switch from an outburst of guitar to total tranquility in the blink of an eye. The new songs have spiraled them onto another level, I think -- a blend of energy and sophistication -- and made some of the older, frequently played songs pale by comparison. (Or it could be that some of them have been played too often, such as Hey Jane). The Alchymist and the Suite were out of this world. So were Heartattack Mac and Taifun.
April 26, 2008 01:30PM
I think "you loose" is a bit boring, espessialy the chorus, but thats the only time i lost focus.
All in all an amazing concert with great sound, good songs and a super thight band with loads of enthusiasm and joy.... one of the best gigs i´ve seen...

Top three songs from yesterday:

1. Heartattack Mac
2. Sepentine (The new version is absolutly amazing live... having only heard the YouTube version i was very suprised)
3. LLM

anyone else?
morbo
April 26, 2008 01:56PM
jørgen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think "you loose" is a bit boring

They did a great You Lose in Halden on the BHBC tour. The chorus was stuck in my head for days after smiling smiley It was a lot more energetic than the album version.
psivert
April 26, 2008 02:08PM
The concert was freakin splendid! Best in many many years. The energy was blasting, and you could tell they had a really good time. Funny when bent said that the best thing about the song we're about to play is that kenneth doesn't know it smiling smiley then they played hogwash.

The sound was awesome! So crystal clear and fine. Serpentine was beatiful, usually i dont like that song, not even the new version. Man there were so many highlights yesterday! STG, Taifun and Heartattac mac really did it for me. Before the show I said that if I get to hear hearattac mac and they skip Neverland I would be happy. I got both.

They did play Black to comm. Ususally its cool, but a little boring. But yesterdays version was so amazingly powerful. The crowd lost control here smiling smiley

Yes. All I can say is: Tremendous. Sorry about the poor language in this post, but Im knackered today. But very happy. Allright.
Bee
April 26, 2008 02:38PM
best in years for me.

Serpentine version was amazing. Heartattack Mac had best vocals on it ever i think. STG short but brilliant, Taifun was like a visit from an old friend.

The sound was probably the best ever at Rockefeller.

Kenneth is fantastic,

Motorpsycho is back on track.
April 26, 2008 02:59PM
I prefer MP when they are a bit more mellow and psychedelic - like they started with on Serpentine. BUT this was really an awesome show! The sound was loud, but crystal clear and they played like hell!

A few songs I didn't need like You Lose, High Time & No Evil, but besides that, I Loved it!
April 26, 2008 04:46PM
I have only been to three mp shows before and this one was by far the best I've seen from them. Loud, clear and hard. They really found gold in kenneth kapstad!
I also suspect snah of taking singing lessons because now his singing voice sounds pretty good too!
April 26, 2008 07:26PM
What a great concert. Great sound even though i stood right in front of the stage. Loved the version the did of Serpentine. Real nice and mellow.

3 hours with great rock music and it never got boring! Thanks for beautiful music
April 26, 2008 08:27PM
Still waiting to see them and what a setlist! Just drop Black to Comm in favour of Fairies Wear Boots and I'd be childishly happy to get this one in may.
April 27, 2008 09:32AM
Rockefeller review:

[www.musikknyheter.no]
Mats
April 27, 2008 03:50PM
The reviewer complained about bad sound at the gig - what's he on? I've seen the band at least 15 times at 'feller and this gig had the best sound they've had at the venue..ever.

It seemed he wasn't very experienced with the band - a short, meaningless and boring review. Why did he bother?
BP
April 27, 2008 07:47PM
The review was exciting enough to make you comment on it.
Back to Motorpsycho home page