Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

köln...cologne...fragments and more of the setlist 18.05.08

Posted by frank 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
köln...cologne...fragments and more of the setlist 18.05.08
May 18, 2008 11:46PM
starting with:greener(snah not singin the line "all 26"replaced by "all38"winking smiley,
followed by no evil, then the coalmine pony and hey jane, year zero, u loose(last verse of"hush"at the end of the loose, brave captain, upstairs and downstairs, new one or cover(bent and snah singing both one after the other, pretty quiet song...she left on a sun ship, kill devil hills and the alchymist.

first encore:LLM
second encore:walking on the w/black to com(with the usal suspect fragments of songs inside)

nice concert

(i am not sure if this was the correct order)
frank at play
Re: köln...cologne...fragments and more of the setlist 18.05.08
May 19, 2008 12:17AM
Great Show! Holy F***! First time I heard the new songs live. So happy they played Greener and Taifun!!
Here is the set as far as I remember (and saw it on a setlist):

Greener
No Evil -->
Hey Jane
Colamine Pony
Year Zero
You Loose
Sail On
Taifun
Upstairs Downstairs -->
Wharf Rat
Sunship
Kill Devil Hills
The Alchemyst
-----------
LLM
-----------
Walking On The Water
Black To Come

I am so happy that this was not my last time on this tour :-))
May 19, 2008 12:42AM
Shit, "Greener" and "Wharf rat", hate to have missed that!

Alex
May 19, 2008 01:43AM
Excellent to see that Upstairs Downstairs is back! Loved the Rosendal'07 version!

Gustav
Un.Chien.d.Espace
May 19, 2008 11:42AM
really a nice concert, but a bit too much rock and too less space...but i'm hoping for eindhoven and utrecht...:-)

i also (video) taped some of the songs, you'll find them soon in the web...
Un.Chien.d.Espace
May 19, 2008 11:43AM
i forgot: they also played psychonaut as far as i remember!
Un.Chien.d.Espace
May 19, 2008 11:45AM
may sound stupid, but i'm wrong, i confused psychonaut with sail on....could have been because of the first line of sail on.....:-D
halder
May 19, 2008 01:13PM
Great concert, except for some parts where they jammed too long and snah really was ennoying. Sorry. And what a drummer that Kenneth is! Unbelievable. I hope he stays forever with MP.
May 19, 2008 01:23PM
Great Show and everyone was in absolute intense mood (never heard the singalong of "you lied" by the crowd that loud ;-)). The people obviously had fun and Motorpsycho also stood up there with a big satisfied grin on their faces.

They played about 2,5 hours and I was stunned by the live-potential of the LLM-Songs ! Each of the four songs is an absolute highlight played live (I even liked the yesterday-live-versions more than the album-versions ...)

I think the sound in the Live Music Hall was very good except Bents vocals which often drowned in the music and therefore were not quite clear (in comparison to Snahs vocals).

All in all although the setlist does not really reveal it, I think it was one of my best Motorpsycho-Shows ever because of the great mood of the crowd and Motorpsycho themselves and because of the fantastic LLM-Live-performance which I did not expect that rockedelic.
With Kenneth at last they are a real evenly matched three-piece again !

I envy everyone who is gifted with one more show ...
Mybestfriend83
May 19, 2008 02:17PM
Oooohhh Yeeeessss !!!!!

What a monster show...
As i started feeling sick of smoking and waiting the entered the stage excatly at he right moment...
Great opening and great setlist....
Summertime feeling.
As i saw kenneth i thought he would only last for 3 songs or something cause he is realy thin but man .... what an Animal he was at the drums..
especialy at he ends of the songs and that hip hop style beat on you loose.

And what snah was doing was amazing.. the sound of his guitar on one of the new songs was bombastic..
It sounds almost like some electronic music effect and later it was as if he was scratching with it.. But the electronic part was one of the best things i ever heard live .. it goes for 5 minutes on and on like oouuhh ooouuhhh...
and great drums and hammering Bass in the background...

I cannot wait 2 years to see them live again...
5 minutes after the show started i was about to cry ..oh shit ..soon its over..

P.S. the crowd was not bad but no one behind line 5 or 6 was moving really.. sad
May 19, 2008 03:47PM
HEY !

I was standing in line 15 or so and I banged my head and shook my body like the Tazmanian Devil !!!!

So much for "no one was moving behind line 5" ;-)
May 19, 2008 04:01PM
1. nice show. it was actually my firt mp-concert.
2. good setlist, was very plesed with "greener" being the opening track
3. some great guitar playing by snah, i loved the jazzy part of "coalmine pony", wish he'd do some more of those blues solos and wouldn't waste so much energy on "chord shredding"
4. can't understand why some of you mentioned the "good mood" of the crowd. i was standing right in front of the stage and next to me there were maybe 10 people going nuts and dancing around, while the rest of the audience was just standing there, motionless. it's a shame that most people don't seem to appreciate those three guys on stage they way they deserve it, the crowd at a mp-concert should be a cheering, excited mass!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2008 12:32PM by happy knappy.
May 19, 2008 05:50PM
Sorry, it´s just for the german speaking ones. My Cologne review:

[www.musicheadquarter.de]
Natural Joe
May 19, 2008 06:22PM
What a great show.....man.....I was so happy to see them again.
This music is just amazing.....when the energie flow through your body and let every muscle explode so that you´re just shaking, headbanging, dancing, smiling, crying....whatever.
Thank you Motorpsycho!!!!!
May 19, 2008 07:06PM
happy knappy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> 4. can't understand why some of you mentioned the
> "good mood" of the crowd. i was standing right in
> front of the stage and next to me there were maybe
> 10 people going nuts and dancing around, while the
> rest of the audience was just standing there,
> motionless. it's a shame that most people don't
> seem to appreciate those three guys on stage they
> way they deserve it, the crowd at a mp-concert
> should be a cheering, excited mass!

You shouldn't take this for a lack of appreciation. I very much enjoy a rather relaxed audience during a MP show. This isn't Green Day or Coldplay or whatever standard rock show. It's a tour de force for subtlety, musicality and dynamics in a Motorpsycho show. I want to breathe it in with every cell of my body, maybe even on a meta level. And I love doing this within a whole audience in awe. Of course I don't mind banging and all, but if that means that sometimes the people don't move that much at all: very ok for me. May sound boring, but the day people start to raise lighters and handclap during Vortex Surfer or Manmower will be the psychonaut's doom... sad smiley
Chucky
May 19, 2008 08:23PM
I agree with Mybestfriend83. That oouuhh ooouuhhh sound made me wet my pants. I would love to hear that sound over and over and over and over again...
May 20, 2008 08:30AM
I talk to the stage tech after, this guy from Genk, and he say SNah uses a custom build box for the oouuhh ooouuhhh sounds. He sent me a picture today, I want to find the guy who build them, I want one also!!

I go see them tonigt in Munich, I ask!

I upload picture here, remove spaces and copy/paste to internet explorer:
imgplace. com/ image / view / 8dc26f98b71f3182dac2fe92f5725052
And here are our photos:

[www.musicheadquarter.de]
May 20, 2008 05:37PM
GREENER??? OMG!!!

I hope they play that one in one of the dutch concerts, been wanting to hear that one live forever!

Greets,

Thomas
May 20, 2008 05:56PM
It was my first MP-concert, although I am loving the music since some years. Through the years "Blissard" became one of my favourite albums. When they played the first chords of the opener I realized it was "Greener" and I started to smile for the whole song! What a great band!
Back to Motorpsycho home page