Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

München - Backstage 20.05.2008

Posted by Wulf 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
München - Backstage 20.05.2008
May 21, 2008 01:37AM
Year Zero
Triggerman
Sinful, wind-borne
Like Always
Kill Devil Hills
She Left On The Sunship
including first verse of Blueberry Daydream and Chorus
Bedroom Eyes
Watersound
Greener
Taifun
Upstairs/Downstairs
-->Wharf Rat

encore break

LLM
Alchemyst

encore break

Walking On The Water
Black To Comm (only two notes)

I'm not sure about the order in the first part, but I think it's more or less right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2008 01:49PM by Wulf.
Re: München - Backstage 20.05.2008
May 21, 2008 02:01AM
What a great night!

Starting with Year Zero was amazing, as were Watersound, sinful, Like Always and anything else.
Kenneth was a bit sick, so they played more quiet songs, Bent said.
Sound was very good at my position, (but) very loud (feeling watersound through the whole bodysmiling smiley).
I didn't thought, they would come back after the killer-encore LLM-->Alchemyst, because Kenneth seemed to collapse at some time, but they played You Lied and the crowd (not very much people, but the Backstage-Club was well filled) went "wild".
Then an intelligent person had to stagedive.
Bent said sth like "be careful".
Then a more intelligent person had to throw an open bottle full of water on the stage. It fell in front of Bent's feet (and effects?).
Bent got angry (I can understand him!) and left the stage with Black To Comm unplayed. So did the others...
All in all it was nevertheless a perfect night with smiles, tears, goosebumps and most of the time (til the very last end...) a real good feeling.
That's Motorpsycho.
Thank you, BentKennethSnah!

So much for now. Perhaps there are some of you who can correct or complete the setlist.

Good night,

Wulf
May 21, 2008 02:45AM
thanks for your report!
this tour seems to have great setlists....smiling bouncing smiley
May 21, 2008 03:32AM
very very great setlist, thanks for the report,too.
and I hope kenneth isn't serious sick and he will get well soonsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2008 03:37AM by superstooka.
May 21, 2008 08:48AM
Nothing to add except that the sound was PERFECT this time! 3 row and it seemed better than on CD.

Awesome night!!!
VBH
May 21, 2008 10:11AM
So, Munich has a reputation for lousy audiences, right? It's not the first time I've heard of heckling there.
May 21, 2008 10:14AM
So does anyone know what

Upstairs/Downstairs
-->?

is? Not a new song?
May 21, 2008 10:26AM
WATERSOUND......Wæææææææææ holy fuck. I can imagine the intense feel of that gigantic soundwave that hits you when the song turns. Must've been amazing! *goosebumps*
May 21, 2008 10:31AM
"So does anyone know what Upstairs/Downstairs -->? is? Not a new song?"

mabye "Wharf Rat", like they played in cologne too...?!
motörbed
May 21, 2008 10:48AM
downstairs/upstairs is the second song on let them it cake
motörbed
May 21, 2008 10:49AM
aha.. i see; the -->? part

I was a i bit quick there hehe
May 21, 2008 11:28AM
Wow! What a great concert! I stood right in front of Snah and could see everything he did with his effects and stuff. Amazing! I think during Sinful wind-born he changed sounds 15-20 times, not incuding pick-up switches! Soundwise we obviously had a little bit too much guitar and without ear plugs I definately would be deaf now!
The crowd in Munich usually is pretty boring but I can't tell you how it was yesterday, I didn't pay any attention to that since I was blasted away from the stage in the first row!
First encore with LLM and Alchemyst was totally out of this world, while LLM sounded muuuch better live than on record.
Kenneth is killer!
And the beer-bottle at the end... Well, it's not cool, Bent seemed to be pretty pissed, the fluid was poured over his wahwah.... What a pity, Black To Comm would have ended it very nicely.
May 21, 2008 01:12PM
Great setlist! Good to see that Watersound is back.

Gustav
May 21, 2008 01:33PM
? was Wharf Rat, started very quiet, ended very loud and intense

Wulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2008 01:44PM by Wulf.
FatherSeb
May 21, 2008 01:50PM
What a great night.
So good to them again. Remember me in 2006 writing here that they get better every year. and its true. absolutely amazing.
one word to the crowd. i think it was quite enjoyable. a big party with big smiles.
and the end there was just sooo much energy that has to get out.i think i never experienced that in such an intense way on a motorpsycho concert. everyone was so freaked out about the encores. You lied did the rest, leaving us in a big pogo in the front rows.nice. not to forget blueberry daydream :-) kenneth was amazing, esspecially for the last songs.
cheers!
May 21, 2008 02:13PM
The setlists just get better and better. Were Bedroom Eyes and Watersound acoustic/semi-acoustic?
FatherSeb
May 21, 2008 03:07PM
Watersound was with its full power...., bedroom eyes quite close to the album version and if you can say this on a mp concert :-)
sinfull windborne was also a nice surprise and very powerfull played, as well as greener.
for me, all three seemed to be quite in a playfull mood. well till to the laste second of the gig. didn´t see this bottle flying, butit was just so weird hearing them start back to commm and then suddenly they stopped.
Ben
May 21, 2008 03:27PM
yesterday night was indeed very intense. and it was fucking loud (still noise on my ears) but it would've been a fault to have this whole thing even a bit more quiet.
One can think that men around 40 like to calm down by the years. But not in the case of MP. It was just amazing what Snah did in cases of effects feedback solo noise work. Would be great to have a bootleg of one of the concerts of this tour.
Anyone??

And Watersound just blew my mind. In the same way like Walking on the water when the crowd really went mad. (MP were surely surprised themselves when they saw the people jumping around like for any shit-arctic monkeys band :-))

Just Brilliant
May 21, 2008 03:51PM
The concert was phantastic beyond words.

Actually after the concert I felt the strong urge to express my apologies on behalf of the crowd for that unappreciative idiot who urged them to end the concert by throwing stuff at them.
How can any thinking human being wish to disrupt this wonderful flow of energy, the band beforehand was all smiles and obviously having a great time, as was the audience and the vibe was extremely good throughout the whole show, culminating in a frantic applause the last time they came out for the last encore.

I hope this sudden disappointing end doesn't stick in the minds of the band, Munich loved and appreciated the concert, we just had the bad luck to have a couple of idiots somewhere in the audience who obviously couldn't raise their behaviour befitting to the occasion - an authentic rock show second to none that blew most of us away in awe.

Thank you MP and don't leave out Munich the next time, I will personally strangle anyone raising their bottles in a throwing motion if need be.
May 21, 2008 03:58PM
Ben Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would be great to have a
> bootleg of one of the concerts of this tour.
> Anyone??
>

Well, actually, both Trondheim 19.04 and Berlin 17.05 (for a couple of days already!) are available on Dime. And according to people on this very forum there's more in the pipeline.

Sounds like fantastic concerts. Damned they're not playing UK.
Back to Motorpsycho home page