Motorpsycho were invited to Austin, Texas to play at the Emo's Club at
the 18th of march 1999. The occasion was the South by southwest music
festival. Several friends went along, and here are a few shots,
onstage to backstage and beyond...
- The venue, Emo's.
- Bent in the rain. The whole club was
partly in open air, so the gig was a wet one.
- Pidah Kloos at the PA.
- Snah examining the day's catch of
records. Location is Wiley's diner.
- Rolf Gustavus, Bent, Snah, Gebhardt (in the
fashion statement of the year) and Cecilie Lykke. They are
all at the 'Fiesta Texas', mid-western Disneyland.
- Bent, Rolf Yngve Uggen of Gluecifer and
formerly the mighty Astroburger, Rolf Gustavus close to one
of the joyrides. Also Cecilie behind them.
- On his pillow before party.
- After. To the far right is Gebhardt
fetching something in the fridge.
- Another fashion shot. Gebhardt has
finished hauling 4 bags of empty bottles and cans out, and still
manages to smile.
- Gebhardt and Rolf Gustavus chill out in
the whirlpool, with drinks.
- The Geb. Sunburnt.
- The Geb with the only instrument bought
at the trip: an ukulele.
- Birthday. Celebrating Cecilie's birthday
at the airport, on the way home.
- And the gig! Note the bare bones gear:
Ampeg, Fender combo and nothing on the floor. The Mystical Green
One and red Hagstrom. The speaker on the
floor says 'Honky'.
Also check out the flyer for the gig. Done by
Klaus Cornfield, man behind the art for the Stickman label compilation.
Back To Pictures Page