The Other Anders

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 281 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34566
    The Other Anders
    Participant

Hahaha, still Dreamhome! Wow, and now Bartok

in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34564
      The Other Anders
      Participant

Wow, what is this?

Edit: I still have no clue, but wow!

in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34561
        The Other Anders
        Participant

Reine plays some cool stuff too, but yes, I also like Lars' contributions. It's also amazing how the Pacific Sonata has grown the past year. Lars' sound here is just perfect. They bring so much more out in it now than back then.

in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34557
          The Other Anders
          Participant

Would have made perfect sense, but have they had time to rehearse it?

in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34555
            The Other Anders
            Participant

The mix could have been better, but at least there is no doubt about what Lars contributes :lol:

in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34553
              The Other Anders
              Participant

Hahaha, it's quite remarkable. Even the Moog Taurus goes through, shaking Copenhagen with Ship of Fools

in reply to: 2018-11-30 Nasjonal Jazzscene, Oslo w/ Maja Ratkje #34550
                The Other Anders
                Participant

Hi fellow nerds! Glad to watch this concert together with you. Radical stuff so far, huh? Now this long play with the ending of Cuckoo. Needless to say I love it.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #33788
                  The Other Anders
                  Participant

11.05.2019 – NO Oslo, Sentrum Scene

16.05.2019 – DE Hamburg, Markthalle

23.05.2019 – DE Hannover, Faust

24.05.2019 – DE Wiesbaden, Schlachthof

27.05.2019 – AT Wien, Arena

02.06.2019 – DE Reutlingen, Kulturzentrum franz.K

2X.06.2019 – NO Trondheim, Trondheim Rocks (June 27-29th)

in reply to: 2018-09-29 Union Scene, Drammen, NO #33554
                    The Other Anders
                    Participant

All that said, it wasn't that bad, was it?

I just heard the concert for the first time, and I am amazed how "blind" some of you / most of you were to the great stuff going on here. The sound must have been really bad, although the recording is fine. Thank you, Lars M! …I know, it's not the same as being there, but maybe listening over a cup of morning coffee sometimes makes for the better situation?

Anyway, why hasn't anyone mentioned the astounding beauty of the extended Cuckoo? Nine minutes in, and it's still raging. The outro is given a treatment similar to the outro of STG, a song it also finally floats seamlessly into, making this a 10 min+ version! And STG continues the seamless floating into a loose and jamming Lacuna/Sunrise.

Lars's contributions are easily noticeable. They make for yet another exciting take on many of the songs, like Dream Home, and before that Taifun and Lacuna, just to mention a few.

Upstairs/Downstairs "went nowhere"?! Where do you want it to go? It's beautifully played here, even with a bit of a prolonged intro. Another beautiful moment lost on a restless audience? Pearls before swine?

I just had to go back to Cuckoo. Wow… Favorite version so far! After more than a year, having seen 12 of the concerts, and having listened to more than 30 recordings, I still love how the Tower songs continue to evolve. I am actually worried about which songs they're going to take out of circulation when moving on, just like I still miss IMS from HBM. My guess is that Ship of Fools will be the survivor, while I would hope for Bartok and Cuckoo to survive as well, not to forget Dream Home.

Also someone said Manmower does not benefit from extended jamming. How is that even possible to say? It's amazing how many different ways this song has been played during more than 20 years. This way it never gets old, and I haven't grown tired of it yet. It is a huge part of what I love so much about this band. If Drammen, which btw is another fine take on it, didn't move you, check out some of the versions from fall 2017 (the Roadwork V video, for instance). Wonderful stuff.

Anyway, I love the direction the band has taken the last many years, and it is no secret that I am in it for the jams. Those other songs I have heard so many times before. They're the same every time. Nice to hear them every now and then, but not every concert. I have heard Greener now. And Plan #1. Maaaany times. Even STG, which some years ago used to throne on top as their most played live song, doesn't really bring anything new to the table, although I am pleased that it has an outro again closer to the 98-version instead of that boring stop/start routine which they also tend to add to The Wheel. Back then the STG outro could float and float and float for 10-15 minutes, making the longest versions of the song over 20 minutes long. Wish they would do THAT again.

To sum up: Positively surprised about Drammen 2018!

in reply to: 2018-11-14 Schüür, Luzern #34224
                      The Other Anders
                      Participant

Wow! Thanks for the report, and thanks to everyone sharing their experiences and thoughts here in the forum. It's appreciated.

I know what you mean about those out-there-shows. Although sometimes you can't even tell from the setlist, I agree that this one looks intense and "out there". Great to see The Tower not as the last song, I hope they keep playing it for a long time to come! The new song. All-time-favorite Heartattack Mac almost reaching Un Chien's extreme. I have had similar experiences with this song, like a mini Chien. PPP is always welcome, and then Bartok for the encore! What a way to go out! Did they do something extra to it? Longer mid-section? Alternative ending? Or was it just like a ton of bricks delivered to your doorstep at midnight? BAM, there you go. Goodnight! 8)

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2018 #32372
                        The Other Anders
                        Participant

The tour starts today (Nov 10th 2018). I think I might know one or two going to these concerts…

Can we expect – never expect, I know – but can we expect some new songs? It's been a while since they jammed out stuff on stage before releasing it, although technically potentially new songs aired during this tour will probably already be recorded and are maybe even on their way to the pressing plant if a January release is going to stick.

Anyway, have a blast! I'll be thinking of you all and I look forward to check the "score" every morning for the next eight days!

in reply to: 2018-11-11 Forum, Bielefeld #33625
                          The Other Anders
                          Participant

Looking forward to a recording, especially now that I cannot go to Bielefeld after all. I have a ticket for sale, btw…

in reply to: 2018-09-29 Union Scene, Drammen, NO #33546
                            The Other Anders
                            Participant

Hahaha :roll:

in reply to: 2018-09-29 Union Scene, Drammen, NO #33542
                              The Other Anders
                              Participant

Yes, please do make every song a jam song.

cjacob: What is "Devil"? Is there a subtitle or a lyric to one of these songs I have forgotten?

in reply to: 2018-09-26 Kolben, Kolbotn #33601
                                The Other Anders
                                Participant

Glad to see Lacuna/Sunrise back in the set!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 281 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994