welsh rarebit

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
  • My dream crowd funded project would be a revitalized Roadworks series. The previously released stuff, including the delux boxes which now seems to form a series, are after all available. This could be an opportunity to see new stuff released, and to get hifi quality live recordings out there. Given the different release conditions this would create, the band might even be tempted to reconsider their very strict release criteria which seems to have slowed the Roadwork series down. This could even be combined with a 'poll': The concert (out of a list) with the most funding would be released (first). That would be power to the people.

in reply to: Blissard book by Johan Harstad #23045

I'm not sure if Johan Harstad thinks this was such a great idea after all. If this goes on it will be an awful lot of signatures for him to write.

in reply to: Blissard – 4CD #22772

Quite like the "expect to be surprised bit"…

in reply to: The Death Defying Encores (a petition) #22437

Signed, sealed, delivered.

Coventry Boy's suggestion though, if given the choice.

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO – SPRING 2012 #20881

Rune Grammofon lists The Garage, London, UK on April 12th. No confirmation on the venue's website though. My God, I hope it's true. Their last London concert was a blast and on the behalf of British fans: YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

in reply to: NEW LIVE RECORD MP3 ? #20430

Well, in this case it is not so much the lack of a turntable (I do enjoy the pleasure of owning one), or believing that digital formats are superior, or whatever, that is the problem, as the limited number of copies available. The reason I want a MP3 in this case, or even a lossless format, is simply that I was unable to attend.

If I could get the vinyl without paying ten times the price to some greedy cynical asshole I would, but since I can't, I'll settle for the MP3 in the meantime thank you. Anyone?

in reply to: rw4 #19050

And now I have listened for a while. Oh my oh my, where to start? My head's buzzing, it is a lot to take in. This is jamfeast. This is Snahfeast. The record's motto BENTISLOUDKENNETHISFASTBUTONLYSNAHISGOD is quite fitting… It is a lot of great guitarwork here, a lot. A lot of great singing as well, sometimes quite low in the mix. A lot of subtlety you won't pick up on audience recordings, or even live, including pedal operated mellotrons etc. Highlights? AIL of course, is guaranteed to blow your mind. The Alchemyst is extremely well played, and that groove, with Snah on top? Holy… Wishing Well? An acoustic little ditty it is not.

Time for a whisky and another listen. This is great stuff guys.

in reply to: rw4 #19049

Just came home from work, and what is it that the postman has brought? Oh yeah. The Rune/Royal Mail combo delivers fast & early in the UK. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll have to listen for a bit.

in reply to: London-gigs #17800

The Borderline has appearantly a 10:30 curfew, and MP stopped playing at … 10:30. I think you can blame the Brits in this case. And as far as winning new fans, well, they got MP as they are. Take it or leave it. Those present at the gig certainly seemed to enjoy it thoroughly. (Including myself)

in reply to: Reissues VOW -> VME? #18347

Also available on German Amazon if you prefer. Anywhere else?

in reply to: ALBUMCUP 2010, FINAL! #18248

Epic final. Both teams throw everything they got into attack, and the game is rolling back and forth with loads of delicious textbook goals. Both teams got extraordinary players capable of true magic with the ball. However, even though FC Trust Us got players at at least the same level, if not better, as Timothy’s Monster FC (577 is one the best centreforwards in the history of the game, the innovative feints of left winger Rad Freq and so on), the balance of the team is better in TMFC. I mean, the flow of that album! That makes the difference for me. It’s a team sport, after all.

in reply to: London-gigs #17763

Nah, not really british, or Welsh which is a different thing altogether, just a Norwegian in exile. But I got some friends tuned into this little band of ours.

in reply to: London-gigs #17761

The confusion over one or two dates; Mean Fiddler, Barfly and Borderline venues, comes from the fact that the Mean Fiddler if I have understood this correctly is a big corporate thingy with several different venues under its umbrella, including The Borderline, Barfly, HMV Hammersmith Odeon, Barfly Cardiff and others. If nothing else pops up and I’m wrong, it is probably just one date, at the Borderline. But one’s better than none, especially since UK dates are such a rare treat. (And the European dates are always at times where it is impossible to get off work. This time, wild horses can’t stop me.)

in reply to: Neil Young + Motorpsycho #16110

No, I’m not born Welsh. But incidentally I happen to know that college quite well, believe it or not. Since this topic was brought up, I put on a TITS recording from Berlin 13.10.04, and as we speek I got When you can dance… in the earphones.

in reply to: Neil Young + Motorpsycho #16108

OtherFool: You mentioned your school doesn’t allow you to download. What kind of school doesn’t allow downloads??? Must be a bad school. What I always did at school when I needed help: Ask your teachers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994