Netsrak

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Hi friends!

I just have to introduce you to my new favourite band – not a new band, but with an amazing new album out. And just a crying shame to miss, so please check out:

Jeremy Irons & The Ratgang Malibus aka JIRM

a fourpiece (git, git&vox, bass & dr) from Sweden

I have a tough time discribung their style so I'll just babble a bit and assemble what I find on the internets… In general it has a lot of psychedelia in it and they tend to stretch songs and moods quite often, but their big strength (in my view) is that they still remain accessible. The reasons for this are songwriting (of course), an ear for cool guitar sounds and hooks, and their singer who reminds one of either Jeff Buckley, Robert Plant and sometimes even an angrier Steve Hogarth (of latter Marillion). Not only can he sing (and he does so quite often), but he does it with a sincere drama that I can't help but be spellbound. Even though I, for most of the times, have no clue what he is singing about thematically, but the images he creates are enough to keep me hooked.

And by some divine magic this quality is valid on ALL their records. Strong shit!

Find them on any streaming of your choice – but be aware: either under JIRM or their full name. :D

https://jirm.bandcamp.com/

Enjoy!

in reply to: Prog Magazine Nov 2020 – #114 #37876

Thank you very much indeed for that upload!

A great read – and I too am referring to the Kate Bush feature. :D

in reply to: Motorpsycho VHS archive #36565

:lol:

The thumbnail for "All is loneliness/Tristano" is perfect!

@bernie: is that a coincidence or did you chose that one?

Made my day.

in reply to: New Music #34779

Ok – I've had this in the making for so long, but never actually got around to. But since they released their Magnum Opus today, it's now or never…

Band: Merlin

Album: The Mortal

https://merlin666.bandcamp.com/album/the-mortal

A pretty small (tiny?) band from Kansas City. And boy have they made quite an evolution yet still remaining true to their sound/thing/whatchamacallit.

Especially on their latest album they play a bit of everything, that's why I don't confuse you with a genre description. To show my goodwill :wink: and give you at least a hint: they started as a doom/stoner oufit in 2013, but soon got more diverse and sorta proggy. So – yes: it has guitars. As of now they mix a lot of styles with ease and above all without sounding too proggy in the end. All is floating in an organic manner.

Well: find out for yourself if this works for you.

It sure did for me. Album of the year. At least. I have not listened to any record (yes, I apologize: ANY record) so many times and still getting that tingly feeling.

So if you like music – give it a shot. 8)

Long live the wizard of nothing!

in reply to: 2019-05-21 Groningen VERA #35589

Oh, my… Yes!

I nearly forgot about the drum part in "Walking on the water". Shame on me.

We had a supposedly similar thing going in Hamburg.

In my mind ever since Jacco there was this moment in "you lied" where one was paying extra attention to how he would handle the drum break.

And surely Kenneth pulled off some neat tricks the one or two times I heard him perform the song.

But only last week in Hamburg with Tomas I had the feeling: "Fuck! This was an actual drum solo!" I don't recall any details (…) but I clearly remember being floored by his playing. And then they transitioned directly from that solo to "Hogwash" and "Black to Comm" and so I almost forgot about it.

So many highlights these days… :STG:

in reply to: 16.5.2019 Markthalle Hamburg #35485

Thanks!

First time I hear of that band.

Should I know them?

I reckon they did not refer to the mountain…

in reply to: 16.5.2019 Markthalle Hamburg #35476

And a perfect night indeed!

After all these years, how can I still be preplexed about the amount of energy that this band can prdouce. Within the first song! They were already full on when they entered the stage. Always a pleasure to witness.

Did anyone catch what Bent sang in "The other fool"?

What were we supposed to chill out to?

Also: did I mishear that or did Bent announce it as being from IALC?

"Dreamhome" was way out there. Amazing.

I am still trying to gather myself.

Congratulations to everyone who will see them (again) this tour. I wonder where they have ascended to until… – well: tomorrow, even!

Have fun!

in reply to: A Boxful of Demons #31984

OT: http://www.makemkv.com/

Not converting to DVD as in: physical media. But you get a lossless file that you can play on your pc/mac.

in reply to: A Boxful of Demons #31981

@gyankumar

where do you live? :wink:

Maybe it really boils down to "privileged" and "underprivileged" psychonauts…

But 165 is surely not the end. 145+30+19% customs is rather just above 200€.

Alright, the creator cannot be help responsible for where I chose to live, but still: too much for me.

And since the books are pamphlets I am really curious to see how relevant they are.

Nice to have for sure and the whole Kesey-connotation is cool, but not worth the price for me.

And before I say it another time I better quit.

(I guess I say it that often just to assure myself I am actually skipping the release :? )

in reply to: A Boxful of Demons #31977

Let me think mean for just a second – just to heat things up a little more… :twisted:

(and to get that darkness out of my soul)

If the books are the main reason for the whole funding (and it is hard to doubt, since the text says that pretty clearly) – then let's see which reward will be the last to go:

the ones with audio/video or the one with just the books.

:D

in reply to: A Boxful of Demons #31968
    Quote:
    It's not only the 2CD/Bluray. The Price with the books is okay for a limeted edition, i think. But i'am from Germany and i don't speak norwegian. And shipping are international 40 Euro (!). So, thats my Problem. I wish i was norwegian. [:mrgreen:]

Does anybody have a clue why it is three books?

And: true!

If I knew that I'd get three cool books that I could read on my own. Without google translate. Then it would make it seem less costly.

Actually the time I bought the Blissard book (in norwegian) it was my choice: do I want that thing for collecting reasons. But here, as it is linked to the release of an awesome historically relevant concert on both audio and video – it's really a shame that you can only get it together with three books where I know nothing about the contents. And will have a hard time finding out once I have them.

PLEASE CREATE A RELEASE WITHOUT THE BOOKS!

in reply to: A Boxful of Demons #31967
    Quote:
    I hope for a very simple, affordable edition for underprivileged Psychonauts

Underprivileged?

I'd call that: reasonable!

Would definitely love to see that Bluray happen on it's own. But that would on the other hand be kind of against the special-limited-crowd-funding-thought in it, wouldn't it?

in reply to: A Boxful of Demons #31965

It's still itching. Of course.

But is seems that this might end up being the first MP-special-thingy that I won't buy.

146€ plus shipping and customs is insane.

Really bummed to miss the Bluray of the concert though, but there's lots of other cool stuff that can be done with that money.

Listen to me – am I actually saying that? Skipping a cool MP-release?

Well – there's a first for everything.

Insane!

in reply to: Secret message on tote bag #31689

Yeah!

Anagram-madness!

Exactly what I was hoping for.

:D

So far I'd say I prefer either:

"Ai DID Not Have SEEx with that woman."

or

"Aids has end".

Probably the latter for the nice "Love is pure" connection.

:cheers:

I'll just throw "Arnie didn't hassle" in the pot.

Without knowing what this might mean…

Keep it coming!

in reply to: 05/05/2016 Wiesbaden, Schlachthof #29401

Btw:

Bent announced FLICK OF THE WRIST saying (but word by word, but in the sense of):

"The next song is a thing that we borrowed/stole from NEIL YOUNG a couple of years ago" !!

Does anyone have any insight into that story?

Other than that it could actually BE a NEIL YOUNG song…

(and maybe that's the whole point of Bents announcement) :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994