themetalunicorn

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Blissard on golden, Barracuda on red vinyl… #24277

Thanks for the heads up

in reply to: Motorpsycho & the UK #24114

Well said, the distro situation by RG over here is shocking. I'm still waiting for my vinyl too. I find it hard to believe Cargo sold out already, they probably just haven't even had stock yet. How or why is the big question

in reply to: Motorpsycho & the UK #24110

London was pretty well attended

in reply to: Motorpsycho & the UK #24108

Altroubles, I travelled down from the Midlands for the Lindon gig last year too, and it was a blinder

If the actions of one drunk idiot outweighed the warmth and joy the band got from the other 4-500 or whatever it was I'd be mightily miffed

But this is another bone of contention. Why come over for one gig and play to 500, when you could at the very least add say Birmingham / Glasgow and play to twice as many, and no doubt shift a fair few more records and merch in the process ?

in reply to: Motorpsycho & the UK #24101

All fair enough. i just think its sad that they've effectively decided they cant be arsed to look after their fans over here as well as they do elsewhere. I'm sure the UK isn't the only place of course. I just feel that just playing to the already converted is something of a lame thing to do. It's like only playing locally to your friends. Where's the challenge in that?

But of course it's RG/Stickman's fault if people CAN'T buy the records in the stores here. That's their job!. That's why they have distribution deals in place.

in reply to: Motorpsycho & the UK #24097

If you can't buy the records, and you limit your 'tours' to a few random gigs years apart, then its not surprising they fail

I know folks who didn't even know about the London gig last year such was the lack of publicity for it. Luckily enough of us made it down though

Bands should know by now that your most likely to get better gigs outside London

in reply to: Motorpsycho & the UK #24095

Can't agree sadly. I saw Low last night for about the tenth time since 2001. What marketing have they had?

Still played to a full house. They've built their fanbase up from 50 in a room above a pub to selling out the likes of the Barbican, Festival Hall just by touring. It's not like they've had millions spent on promotion or tons of radio play

Later in the year I'll see my favourite Japanese band Acid Mothers Temple play another full gig, and they're about as unfunded as you can get. But they still tour every year and fill out venues (small ones at that). But 150-500 a night seems to be worth their while and they've got to come all the way from Japan!

Even Supersilent managed a tour not that long ago

in reply to: Motorpsycho & the UK #24091

I think the question is this, why do they think there's no demand for them in the UK?

If its lack of sales, see point about woeful distribution above. They could solve that

If its having to build a fanbase, then surely that's what comes from not touring here and putting down some roots over the years

All in all, I know plenty overseas bands with far less profile than Motorpsycho tour here year after year, and they seem to be doing just dandy. And its not like the band play to massive crowds anywhere else is it?

What's the average gig crowd in other European countries?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994