ebo

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Record Store Day release #42560
    ebo
    Participant

From roughtrade.com:

“To mark the founding of their own label NFGS and its UK distribution with fmd, the band have allowed fmd to create a UK only 2CD release for RSD 2024 to act as a primer /intro. 500 copies only to be made.”

I’m guessing a compilation without/with very few new material.

in reply to: 26.10.2023 – DE, Nürnberg – Z-Bau #42175
      ebo
      Participant

What a fantastic show! Was nice meeting you, Francesco (I was the one with the Birra Moretti :cheers: )

Fantastic setlist, the guys played really tight, the drummer was insanely good, and the vocals were on point.

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38134
        ebo
        Participant

That first guitar note after each verse line in United Debased is sooo Mammonumamikoma :)

First of all, never judge a Motorpsycho album until you listened to it at least 4 times. Early reviews are worthless as each of their albums demands a lot of attention to fully unveil themselves.

Same with this one. First listen: A couple of grins and some moments of goosebumps inbetween music which my mind and soul hasn't been able to fully comprehend and digest at first listen.

After 4 spins: It's still growing. It's as much a MP album as every other album. The title track and United Debased are instant classics. The quieter folk songs like Lady May or The Hunt are simply beautiful. The Lurker is a monster I haven't fully digested yet, but it keeps growing.

Dreamkiller blew me off my feet right from the start.

It seems they wanted to keep things more compact this time. Kingdom of Oblivion, Lady May and Dreamkiller leave me wishing they would have explored these songs further; they could easily have been 10min+ epics and I wish they wouldn't stop already where they do; instead, KoO and Lady May fade out suddenly while Dreamkiller also could have developed much further, Intrepid Explorer-style.

However, I agree with the production critique. Never liked compression, it's one of the music industry's worst habits of the past 20 years, alongside Autotune.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994