grindove

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Toursingle ’23 Rockbottom #42383
    grindove
    Participant

Someone (or a few) mentioned in another thread that it was disappointingly weak pressing with plenty of surface noise/crackling. I bought two copies of the white version, and one had that problem, the other one not.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2024 #42343
      grindove
      Participant

I suppose these might be possible, then:

Into the Sun
        Leave It Like That
        Mad Sun
        Sinful, Wind-Borne
        Go to California
        The Slow Phase Out
        X-3 (Knuckleheads In Space)
        The Visitant
        Toys
        Psychonaut
        Spin, Spin, Spin
        Ulv Ulv
        Rockbottom

And I assume they won’t exclude title tracks from EPs:

Mountain
        Wearing Yr Smell
        The Nerve Tattoo
        Manmower
        Starmelt/Lovelight
        Ozone
        Hey, Jane
        The Other Fool
        Walkin’ With J
        Serpentine

I’m sure they will still surprise :-)

in reply to: Motorpsycho Tribute Series #42314
        grindove
        Participant

@ ThorEgil: Wooh, nice bonus! I was SO close to put the order, but backed out when actually realizing that shipping, taxes etc will make a total of at least €75 – AND I ONLY WANT THE 7″. And, mind you, I don’t need it for listening, as both tracks are previously released elsewhere. I just stupidly “need” it in my shelf.

So: maybe time for me to wake up and quit Motorpsycho discography completionism :/

Sad moment :(

in reply to: Cover wishes #42058
          grindove
          Participant

Glad you apprOVE

Well, my name is not Ove for nothing :-)

in reply to: Cover wishes #42055
            grindove
            Participant

“King of twilight” is great! For me also very associated with Iron Maiden from when I was a kid (b-side of the 1984 “Aces high” single). And since Mp has done “The trooper” during soundchecks it would all make sense – everything’s connected :D

in reply to: Live covers #42045
              grindove
              Participant

I’m with Paolize here. For years I’ve stated that I want 100% Motorpsycho when I go to their shows. That doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy “All is loneliness”, “Into the sun”, “The pilgrim” or whatever, but in all cases I’d prefer more Mp material instead.

in reply to: 06.10.2023 – SE, Malmö – Plan B #41900
                grindove
                Participant

Wow! Not even half the set same as yesterday. The are not making it easy for Ingvald, which is awesome! He’s not on vacation :D

in reply to: 05.10.2023 – Katalin, Uppsala #41892
                  grindove
                  Participant

My report disappeared after a little edit? New try:

2,5 hours. “Ship of fools” on setlist (last in main set) but not played.

Although I’ve been looking forward to this I kept my expectations low. I mean, first gig with new drummer. Tomas shoes aren’t easy to fill. Also, there’s quite a chunk of music to learn. And that’s the “easy” part. Then there’s the communication thing playing in this band – good luck! But hey, I enjoyed the concert and really had a great time!

In parts sort of messy, but – actually – I don’t mind! My impression is that a certain amount of energy generated from being on the edge. I tend to like that kind of excitement :D Something tells me that Ingvald will be awesome a few shows into the tour.

Some struggling with vocal harmonies here and there, but nothing that ruined songs for me.

Low points: “Real again”, “Maypole” and “Dank state” – I really can do without those songs. Not saying they are crap, they’re just not my cup of melodies – just like many of the tracks on “Yay!”, unfortunately. That partly includes “Hotel Daedalus”, where I’m not too fond of the vocal melody, but it hit me yesterday how great its instrumental part becomes live!

“Feel” was better than ever, probably due to it following “Maypole” and “Dank state” ;)

I loved “Chariot…” (incl some mishaps?), a chaotic “The promise”, “Starhammer”, “The tower”, “The united debased” and watching Bent play chords – yes, both feet – on the Taurus while keeping fingers busy nailing pretty intricate bass lines.

But the two main highlights for me was “Mad sun” (a song that’s amazing in every form) and “Cosmoctopus”.

As usual, I was hoping for no covers. I want 100% Motorpsycho! But still, there’s no way I can’t enjoy “The pilgrim” or “Rock bottom” :)

Yes, nice to get some Reine! Only on one song, is what I heard aforehand, so, cool surprise! Also, I heard they wanted to play for three hours, but the venue didn’t allow that. And no, sorry, I can’t confirm this – it was just someone telling me :/

Summary: great show! Would definitely see a few more on this tour if I had the opportunity.

https://i.postimg.cc/CxFJCSWn/2023-10-05-uppsala.jpg

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by grindove.
                    in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2023 #41867
                    grindove
                    Participant

I was about to start a “05.10.2023 – Katalin, Uppsala” topic, but apparently I’m blind and can’t find a way to start a new thread :/ Have to leave for work soon, so… Maybe tonight!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by grindove.
                      in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2023 #41678
                      grindove
                      Participant

@ThorEgil
                        He’s Ingwild :)

in reply to: New Motorpsycho Album 16.06.23 #41192
                        grindove
                        Participant

@Elvin
                          “Getting Pavement / Kanguru vibes from the cover( which might not be the cover)”

I get Accept vibes :) “Russian roulette” to be specific :cheers:

in reply to: New Motorpsycho box sets from Rune grammofon #40386
                          grindove
                          Participant

"SORRY, THIS IS SOLD OUT!"

That was quick. Last time I checked (afternoon, earlier today) I couldn't put them in the cart, and now they are gone. When will these be available from Stickman? I'll probably miss them there, too :|

@Angel_or_Daemon: True, I don't need another "Demon box". I defend the 12" format of the EPs, though, just because I'm not a big fan of 10" records (plus: aren't they quite long?).

grindove
                            Participant

Now that's a decent list! I still have 18 of those albums :-) Three of them I've never owned, though.

in reply to: Ancient Astronauts – reviews #40299
                              grindove
                              Participant

@Johnny: Hehe, this engages me ;) I was born 1974 and got into heavy metal when hearing "The number of the beast" 1983. Fave bands were Iron Maiden, Accept, Twisted Sister, Scorpions, Manowimp etc. By 1989 I was "finished" with the "standard heavy metal" (mentioned bands), because I wanted other stuff (mostly thrash metal, hardcore, crossover and soon death metal and grindcore, but also lots of of other genres).

Luckily I didn't get rid of my old records, and from around 2000 until this day, I've actually thought albums like "Restless and wild", "The last in line", "Defenders of the faith", "Knights of the new thunder" and "Fire down under" (among others) are even better now than I thought when I as a kid totally loved them! And no, I'm not mixing this up with nostalgia – I've analyzed it :lol:

And yes, it's easy to say that I like heavy metal, but I also really despise most of it. This is simply applicable to all genres – I love less than a tiny little percentage of it, and think the majority is crap. My Sade worship doesn't mean that I accept anything by Simply Red. Liking select albums by AC/DC, Rose Tattoo and Krokus never stops me from yawning my jaw dislocated at Airbourne :|

But: my newfound (well, since the turn of the millennium) adoration for those awesome 80s heavy metal albums that I thought I was done and over with is pure rush.

I'm not going anywhere with this, am I? I'm not even sure I even remotely touch what you wrote, as I intended to.

Sorry for offtopicism!

Anyway: looking forward as hell to "Ancient astronauts"! Hurra! I like these reviews threads, but I principally refuse reading the actual texts until after I've familiarized myself with the album :cheers:

in reply to: Maiden Voyage rerelease + Sanderfinger #38257
                                grindove
                                Participant

@The Other Anders: Ouff 8O Sorry to hear that, and thanks for putting things into perspective! Sweden isn't that bad after all. Even if Postnord has invested billions in deteriorating service here during the last decade, I gotta remind myself that customs ain't Postnord, and it can always be worse – somewhere else, or here soon. Sorry for offtopicism!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994