mister conclusion

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    mister conclusion
    Participant

Eat Ghosts / Miverva

I have seen Minerva for the forst time live when they played the support for Spidergawd w/ Bent in Berlin some years ago. And enjoyed them more than the Norwegians. They are a bunch of very nice guys from Potsdam (near Berlin) and have changed their name to Eat Ghosts in about 2017.

I have just recently realised that you can find them on Spotify. There their songs have been listened to less than 1000 times and I doubt that they have ever sold more than a few hundred copies of their records, which is a pity.

Listen to the opener of Minerva's Germinal record (filed under Eat Ghosts -> Minerva's Germinal) "A Child Was Born In Spring", it is one of my all time favourites. It is from 2013, sorry for breking the rules here.

Or listen to Eat Ghosts An Ti Ego record (start e.g. with "Echoecho", live footage here: https://www.ardmediathek.de/tv/Rockpalast/Eat-Ghosts-Echo-Echo/WDR-Fernsehen/Video?bcastId=8051040&documentId=56053116 ). Good stuff that is.

in reply to: funny/ weird moments during MP gig #34614
      mister conclusion
      Participant

Does anyone who has been there remember the famous spitting incident (Bent the Llama) from Conne Island some years ago? This story would fit here, maybe not that funny but definitely weird.

in reply to: Oh how I miss that Motorpsychodelic heaviness… #33443
        mister conclusion
        Participant

Yes, Helmet. "Meantime" was pretty big at the time when Demon Box was recorded so the band has surely got some inspiration from Helmet.

And funny enough, just a few days ago I have listened to President Block again and thought about what a fantastic cover version it is. I also like the original version by the Epinastic Movements and the way MP just nailed this song. It is sung by Deathprod in case you didn't know.

Your questions:

Yes, President Block is at least one of the most beautiful cover versions I know.

Yes, Demon Box live would be something. In 2008 I have travelled to Oslo just to see a concert with MP and Deathprod (shortest setlist ever: K9 and Demon Box). The version on the Box Full Of Demons is fantastic, especially watching it from the Blueray. Very impressive. But it requires Deathprod, so…

Home Of The Brave and Sheer Profoundity: can also be seen in the box. Nice, but I think the band has gotten better in songwriting.

As you already mentioned, the band has grown older, and so have I. Many years ago I have asked Bent why they did not perform Feedtime anymore. He laughed and said something like they were not physically able to play it. And in some interview he said that the band does not feel the urge to scream their audience in the face like in the old days. He might be right. It was great to hear Feedtime during the autumn tour, but it had turned to some fun thing in the end, hadn't it?

The thing is, I have gladly followed MP during everything they have done and developed into during the last decades and I don't need them to go back to the old days. It is wonderful to get some Feedtime, Junior or HA Mac from time to time, but the best thing is that they are able to release somthing like The Tower after nearly thirty years of band history and to explore and develop that new stuff during many shows. I am not sure I would really enjoy new "angry old men songs". Would feel a bit like they were posers. I am so glad they aren't.

And I am convinced that the next record will be just sensational. So no need to complain. Or to get wistful…

in reply to: A Boxful of Demons #32090
          mister conclusion
          Participant

funde.no is indeed not very helpful. Try this address: falck(at)ccrecords.com

Good luck!

in reply to: The guys are in studio #33277
            mister conclusion
            Participant
              in reply to: Stina Stjerne vs Motorpsycho #33225
              mister conclusion
              Participant

Stickman:

"This album is currently on presale and will be released shortly before the concerts on August 31, 2018."

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32784
                mister conclusion
                Participant

Ok, maybe this discussion is a little bit off topic and we should better talk here about how incredibly great RW5 is. I really love this new release.

On the other hand MPs vinyl release policy has always and will continue to be controversial.

TheVoid, I just think you are wrong when you say that "the vinyl movement is only gonna last for a few years". I am pretty sure that CDs will die out over time due to better data storage possibilities, while analog media will last much longer. Well, time will tell.

Then again back in the old days I also started listening to MP on CDs, and yes, Demon Box, The Mountain CD, The Other Ugly CD, Timothy, these little silver things definitely changed my life. Ah, the memories. So I do get your point. If you just download music there surely is something missing. And I am sure your CD collection is an impressive sight and a real treasure.

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32780
                  mister conclusion
                  Participant

TheVoid,

I have got a totally different opinion. For me, CDs (and I own hundreds of them) nowadays are nothing more than a very very old medium to store data. I mean, really, they were invented in the eighties of the last century! You can store the same data, and this means exactly the same data, on hard discs that can store the largest music collections and that are affordable for everybody, can be integrated in networks or copied to mobile devices and really make listening to music very comfortable. Why print the data on some old-fashioned pieces of plastic? What exactly is "physical" on CDs? It is just data. This data can be downloaded easily. And what is so beautiful about these little CD covers stuffed in some plastic case?

On vinyl on the other side you get an analog signal "physically" printed on a piece of, erm, vinyl. This analog signal is physically read by a record player, sent to the amplifier and analogously sent to the speakers which play the analog signal, the music, to your ears. And never on this way the signal has been converted to digital data. And back. Even if I don't know if the result really sounds so much better this way, there is an undisputable asthetical beauty in this process. Not to mention the beauty of the vinyls and vinyl covers that bands like Motorpsycho provide.

You can buy pretty good record players for a pretty small amount of money, by the way.

And if you still want your CDs you can burn them yourself which does not cost a fortune. Apart from the fact that CDs do not last forever. My old Manmower CD EP is not readable anymore and also the self burned discs have suffered in all these years. If that happens, the music is lost. If you store music on a hard disk you just have to think of making backups regularly.

in reply to: A Boxful of Demons #32080
                    mister conclusion
                    Participant

My package is currently lying in some customs office far from my home because the guys from funde.no/ccrecords were not able to change my address after I moved to another town. Sigh! Don't know if this will ever get solved. Frustrating, that is.

in reply to: T.I T.S. #33004
                      mister conclusion
                      Participant

The dog is Laila Lou.

in reply to: Tickets for sale in Vienna- Arena -08.03.2018 #32482
                        mister conclusion
                        Participant

There seems to be a minibus service from Belgrade to Timisoara. Let's see. My travel plans are not fixed yet. But just in case I would of course like to meet you in Timisoara.

So you won't see the gig in Belgrade?

Maybe it is better to continue the conversation via mail. You can contact me under iseufer (at) yahoo.com

Thank you!

in reply to: Tickets for sale in Vienna- Arena -08.03.2018 #32480
                          mister conclusion
                          Participant

Sorry, I canoot help you with your tickets.

What is your hometown? Could you help an old psychonaut to find a way from Belgrade to Timisoara?

in reply to: A Boxful of Demons #31974
                            mister conclusion
                            Participant
                              Quote:
                              And this signed certificate that apparantly is worth €30,-. What the heck? We are psychonauts, not groupies.

About the "prices": Yes, they are extremely high and it is a pity that they are way too expensive for many of the psychonauts.

Then again, this is crowdfunding, not a usual purchase. They are collecting money so they can realize this project, even if it is a very limited edition. So by participating in this crowdfunding one can support this project. And the stuff you get in the end is a kind of reward for doing this. In this way, you don't pay 30 € to get a signed certificate but you give them some more money and get the certificate as an extra "thank you". It is some kind of a teaser to give more money, not a "price". Otherwise it would be totally irrational to pay NOK 10.000 for the Deluxe-package.

It is still a pity that you can't get a bookless version, but the books are the reason for the whole project, the rest is addons. Complicated…

in reply to: Older Motorpsycho Records online… #30602
                              mister conclusion
                              Participant

Speaking of MP on spotify, they (or at least Gebhard) are also listed as contributors to the german CD "Popshopper's Shopping Guide", a comedy thing from 2003 containing some fake advertisements, mildly funny. The piece "Telemark Tools" is credited to "Popshoppers, Motorpsycho / H. Gebhard" and might be spoken by Gebhard. See also here: https://www.amazon.com/Telemark-Tools/dp/B004NHM3T2

No, don't buy it, it is just a 23 second snippet with the sound of a chainsaw and somebody (Gebhard?) saying: "Komm und kaufen die neue Motorsäge von Telemark Tools. Telemark Tools, die Marke Ihres Vertrauens"

I have never heard of that before. Weird.

in reply to: The Tower #30418
                                mister conclusion
                                Participant

I wonder about the connection between "In Every Dream Home" and Roxy Music's "In Every Dream Home A Heartache". There must be some.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994