Punj Lizard

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 935 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Jaga Jazzist – Royal Festival Hall, London, 2017.11.19 #31707
    Punj Lizard
    Participant

Thanks everyone. Looks and sounds like it should be quite the experience.

in reply to: Jaga Jazzist – Royal Festival Hall, London, 2017.11.19 #31703
      Punj Lizard
      Participant

@Tomcat – Good point. email address deleted. I just wasn't sure how else to do it as there's no PM system here on this forum. :(

in reply to: Jaga Jazzist – Royal Festival Hall, London, 2017.11.19 #31701
        Punj Lizard
        Participant

@Tomcat РActually it's the Royal Festival Hall Рdifferent venue, but one of very high repute indeed. I will defintiely be doing some eyes-closed sound surfing, which is a pretty normal state for me at most gigs. I spent much of the K̦ln gig with eyes shut! Just listening to the recording of that gig now Рwow, I almost can't believe I was there! (BTW Рare you on Facebook?).

@marc – Thanks. Really looking forward to it. And I'll be in the company of my London/UK MP friends. :D

in reply to: Favourite Show Fall Tour 2017 #31673
          Punj Lizard
          Participant

@Tomcat – Yes I do! Thanks to Johnny_Heartfeld. But I've also opened a Dime account and will be looking to start trading.

in reply to: Favourite Show Fall Tour 2017 #31662
            Punj Lizard
            Participant

@otherdemon – Good point. Thanks for pointing that out. That's why us newbies need you older psychonauts around ;)

in reply to: Favourite Show Fall Tour 2017 #31656
              Punj Lizard
              Participant
                Quote:
                As the band recorded all shows, I think there'll be a ROADWORKS Vol.V.

I seriously hope this includes Stained Glass Рone of my favourites from the two gigs I saw Рespecially sublime in K̦ln.

in reply to: Fall tour 2017 #30281
                Punj Lizard
                Participant

@ BronYAur – Thanks! List edited as per your comments (I have retained Sleepwalking as per Juergen's earlier comment)

in reply to: Live songs from 1990 to present #31613
                  Punj Lizard
                  Participant

WOW! Some amazing information in this thread. Juergen – and BronYAur – very impressive work! I'm glad to see some Hawkwind covers in the list – especially You Shouldn't Do That.

in reply to: Fall tour 2017 #30277
                    Punj Lizard
                    Participant

Here's what I believe is a full list of songs played on this fall 2017 tour (starting 16 September at Trondheim), as far as I have been able to ascertain. This list might, of course, contain one or two errors or oversights. The count is 53. Juergen or others with greater knowledge, please feel free to correct me.

1 A Pacific Sonata

2 A.S.F.E.

3 August

4 Bartok of the Universe

5 Cloudwalker

6 Coalmine Pony

7 Cornucopia

8 Critical Mass

9 Entropy

10 Feel

11 Flick of the Wrist

12 Fool's Gold

13 Ghost

14 Go to California

15 Greener

16 Halleluwa [excerpt in Spin, Spin, Spin]

17 Heartattack Mac

18 Hell parts 1-3

19 Here Be Monsters

20 Hey, Jane

21 High Time [i.e. Up 'Gainst the Wall]

22 I.M.S.

23 In Every Dream Home

24 In Our Tree

25 Into the Sun

26 Intrepid Explorer

27 Kill Some Day

28 Lacuna/Sunrise

29 Manmower

30 Mountain

31 No Evil

32 Pill, Powders, and Passion Plays

33 Plan #1

34 Riding the Tiger

35 Sleepwalking

36 Ship of Fools

37 Spin, Spin, Spin

38 Stained Glass

39 Starmelt, Lovelight

40 Superstooge

41 Taifun

42 The Alchemyst

43 The Cuckoo

44 The Golden Core

45 The Tower

46 Theme de Yoyo

47 Un Chien D'espace

48 Upstairs – Downstairs

49 Vortex Surfer

50 Watersound

51 The Wheel

52 Year Zero

53 You Lied [i.e. Walking on the Water]

I hope some of you find this interesting or handy.

in reply to: Favourite Show Fall Tour 2017 #31636
                      Punj Lizard
                      Participant

Cologne 08.11.17. I attended London and Cologne.

in reply to: 2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck #31231
                        Punj Lizard
                        Participant

@ Johnny_Heartfield – That's a very generous offer, which I will very happily take up.

I'll be back home tonight so I'll be able to download tomorrow.

Just to be clear, I do appreciate and respect the trading paradigm. I've just never been part of it. However, I do now plan on starting up a Dime account and getting to grips with it. As soon as I do I'll start seeding recordings I have of older recordings from other bands and then any new ones I acquire.

in reply to: 2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck #31224
                          Punj Lizard
                          Participant

@ Bartok – it us a real shame that MP are not much bigger in the UK. They really should be.

Is there anybody here can help me with getting a copy of the gig recording? I don't use DIME and I've never ventured into the whole tape trading world. All the boots I have are vintage 70s ones that are readily available to download. Having been at this gig I have a real desire to get a copy.

in reply to: 2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck #31216
                            Punj Lizard
                            Participant

@Tomcat – I can't help but feel somewhat responsible. A distraction at least. :cry:

in reply to: 2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck #31213
                              Punj Lizard
                              Participant

I would love a recording if this gig, but I don't do Dime. Maybe someone can help me out. Tomcat? Anyone?

in reply to: 2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck #31210
                                Punj Lizard
                                Participant

Well it's 4.05am and I am now sitting on a train that is the first leg of three trains that will take me to Amsterdam. I could barely sleep after the gig.

As a teenager I came to Cologne with my dad and German step-mum and saw what was the most impressive building I'd ever seen and which still takes my breath away today – Cologne Cathedral. Forty years later Cologne has given me one of the most breathtaking gigs I've ever seen, courtesy of MP.

I had hoped the band would take the Space Dog out for a walk this evening and they did. A looooong walk. I literally did have trouble catching my breath as they went into spacejam overdrive and not only did Bent break a string, but the tech restrung it for him while he continued to play through the most frenetic section of the piece. I was gasping for air as my mind and body struggled for some kind of stability while also fighting off a kind of hysterical high resulting from what my eyes and ears were witnessing. For a moment I thought I might have to seek out Tomcat who had offered to be my caretaker should any such problem arise. Fortunately the band brought it back and I settled down – huge grin on my face.

We then had four tunes that I'd seen them play in London. All four were better this time, especially Dream Home, though it was Stained Glass which, like in London, really made me swoon. A truly beautiful 10-15 minutes of luscious jam-filled beauty.

Next up Mountain and again I find myself dumbfounded by the organic way in which this band builds a piece on stage.

After The Cuckoo and an exhilirating Ship of Fools, the next highlight was Taifun, which again built to a climax within a climax.

Following the break Bent announced that since we'd "suffered" through all that we could now have this: Go To California, quickly followed by Bartok, Superstooge and You Lied. What fun this weird mix of psychedelic rock, pop, grunge brilliance was to finish off the night. Amazing encore…

But then Fools Gold to send us home delirious.

Astonishing, to say the least.

Thanks to Thomas and Tomcat and Johnny Heartfield for finding me and making me so welcome among the long-time fans, and to the two gents (Erdgil and Board) from Trondheim too.

Hope to see you all again.

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 935 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994