karnevil9

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 2019.05.18 – Flashback Records, London #35533

It was kind of strange and amazing to be in a very small record store seeing this band play 5 feet from me! To be honest the whole thing was badly organised and I would not blame them for being pissed off but they seem to just roll with it. There was no merch and the shop being a second hand record store had almost no MP albums to sell! They could do with a much better promoter for UK but also could work harder to properly break the English speaking markets. Perhaps they don't think its worth the effort as so much competition. I suggested to Bent next time for an instore gig they play Rough Trade East and quite sincerely he asked, "do you think they would have us?". Makes me sad so many people are not exposed to this bands huge body of work and the "event" of their live shows.

in reply to: 2017-10-23 London, Islington O2 Academy #31102

Great review and photos Punj Lizard, brings it all back to me.

These guys sing everything in English, have been around forever and are so prolific and revered around Europe so not sure why they haven't taken off in UK. Incredible to be this up close and personal, was an amazing experience for me, just hope they keep coming back

in reply to: 2017-10-23 London, Islington O2 Academy #31089

[img]https://ibb.co/goA2wR[/img]

in reply to: 2017-10-23 London, Islington O2 Academy #31087

Quite a few ex-pats I think in the audience as lots of Scandinavian language. Was 2/3 full but by the end about half the audience had left, but that's Monday night for you.

Quite a good age range from early 20's to 50's and good mix of both sexes. I thought it would be mostly older.

Amazed Motorpsycho are not bigger here. 1 date for UK is a real shame

in reply to: 2017-10-23 London, Islington O2 Academy #31077

WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What an incredible experience my first ever Motorpsycho gig. I swear I felt like I was on a trip, this music and the sound and graphics were like nothing I've ever experienced before. Almost impossible to put into words.

They played a lot from The Mountain 6 tracks I think and a few that I didn't know. It didn't matter what the set was, I was not prepared for how they just take you on a journey with their mesmerising jams and the way they build their sound to this complete tripped out Nirvana! It finished with a chill out via pills powders and passion plays and boy did we need it. It felt like i was 22 again post rave. Still not quite come down. One of the best gigs I've ever been at. My mind is blown

in reply to: Newbie #30935

What an open and honest guy, you expect Lemmy from Motorhead but like Mikael from Opeth he's without attitude, humble and completely about the music, no games no rock star just total love for the art and a desire to just do great work like all the great artists. Wonderful man

in reply to: Newbie #30933

Thanks for the feedback guys useful stuff.

As expected I guess I will probably know half the set which will be fine I'm sure.

Will be doing my best to absorb as much MP over the next 2 weeks as I possibly can. Just heard the Fishtank version of Pills, powders and passion. I think that is a great one.

in reply to: Hello! New member #30879

I'll be at my first ever MP gig at London 02, can't wait.

They have a reputation of being different every night which is scary as haven't learnt eve half their out yet!

I'm a prog head so the earlier albums are a bit grunge for me despite them being considered the peak for many fans, however live they seem to have more impact to my ears so maybe that's how I should get into them eg Walking On Water or acoustic version of Mad Sun which are brilliant. I would love a track from Phanerothyme but doesn't seem like they play that stuff much.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994