JERO

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 216 total)
  • Author
    JERO
    Participant

If you want this t-shirt better be fast, I ordered a large when there were only 3 left in stock (and 5 xl). They'll probably have more later. Great design this one, and it will be my 9th MP t-shirt. :-)

in reply to: The All Is One #37572
      JERO
      Participant

@psychonaut; I'm not sure I understand your post the right way but it got me thinking, listening to, and analysing TAIO, these songs are full to the brim with references to their earlier works. It almost becomes a fun game to find them, both in lyrics and musically (maybe this could be a fun new thread to sum them up?).

And I like the idea of it, that they both made a sensational new and epic album, as well as sort of a 'best of Motorpsycho', including a vision of a possible future'.IF this was done on purpose during the composition of this collection of songs, if not this could be a bad sign that the composers' well is running dry and they start to repeat themselves. That was my sombre thought when I first heard The Same Old Rock.

But I only have to rewatch the gig with Ole Paus to realise MP has become evermore versatile over the years, so no worries. After N.O.X it wouldn't surprise me if they came up with a symphony orchestra piece, they have their skills proven to be on a level like that. Or whatever else that will surprise them to create and us to enjoy. As B.S. often states in interviews they don't really want to look back nor know what they'll do next, it's part of the creative process within MP apparently, and while for us listeners, psychonauts it's easy, with hindsight to distinguish ages within the MP repetoire and timeline, I believe within the music as a body of work there is in the end a common factor that seems loose from time and space, which is the intensity and creativity they convey through sound (and fury, haha). I believe, if TAIO was set up to, among other goals, work like a "this is Motorpsycho", it also proves their music IS like a universe in itself, one where time flows forwards, backwards and in circles, without limitation, without points of no return. :arrow:

in reply to: The All Is One #37543
        JERO
        Participant

Yes, the dowser is so pretty and warm and moving, and after that the shower of glorious guitar chords of Chrome. My God, I love Chrome. To me it's very latter day Helmet (the sound and buildup of the song). Just can't stop playing the album, the lp's downstairs, the cd when I'm upstairs. Oh, to experience these live some day…

in reply to: The All Is One #37521
          JERO
          Participant

(Lyrics:)"I hate what you say, but I love that you're saying it". That's a great line!

in reply to: The All Is One #37512
            JERO
            Participant

:idea:

gnos gnus hanS eht

in reply to: The All Is One #37503
              JERO
              Participant

oh, it will grow! Like a tentacled giant spacemonster it will. And, ladies (?) & gentlemen, I'm even beginning to love that same old rock dittie, within the context mind you! The greater panorama is unfolding, beautiful!

in reply to: The All Is One #37492
                JERO
                Participant

While playing the music I was looking at the foldout albumcover and to my surprise I'm realising there is the traditional depiction of the 4 evangelists of christianity in there: John (eagle), Matthew (human) Marc (lion) and Luke (bull). These symbols derive from the early days of christianity and visions of the prophets. Usually, in f.e. medieval paintings, in the middle you'll see the cross/Jesus. So the figure in the middle here pouring from the all into the one (my interpretation) and on a further painting inside, a vessel that is pouring out to many is probably…you guessed it, everybody sing cumbaya my lord (the MP heavy metal version or course!) Also notice in the centre/main cover painting the pouring figure is almost skeletal and there's a dab of red paint that to me certainly depicts blood or a wound.

Anyway, I'm thinking: Gulvag as an artist, paints in an experimental way, meanwhile often referring to tradition within painting, just like the band does within the medium of music. (end of lecture, 8O)

in reply to: The All Is One – reviews #37643
                  JERO
                  Participant

@Punj Lizard; thank you for all the effort you put into this thread so all psychonauts can feel proud and get even more psyched up about the 'new' music coming. You must be scanning the web every ten or so minutes! Wish I had the time to do that, but thanks to you I don't need to! cheers :cheers: and threefold cheers again mate!

in reply to: The All Is One #37484
                    JERO
                    Participant

Stickman und Frau twice sent me a copy of the Alabama Kids cd (drowsey driver) along with my order, that was a great discovery for me, the cd has been playing in my car for the 3rd year in a row now, and many a passenger shouted out "what's this great guitarband, are they English, American…" so I can tell them the Alabama Kids were Holland's best band ever, once!

Here & now, N.O.X. is playing, second lp, volume turned up, it's a dark & rainy day, I'm forgetting time and space and enjoy getting lost in this fantastisk vortex! :MPD:

JERO
                      Participant

@Knoot, my deepest gratitude! Will watch it tonight with my beloved girl, beamed onto the big screen! :cheers:

JERO
                        Participant

Just when I was beginning to love the people of Norway (reading the excellent novels of Johan Harstad these days by the way)…..

Again, this deserves to be made available for every MP fanatic! :x

in reply to: Dumb question #37626
                          JERO
                          Participant

Sungam Snah, of OH CYS PRO TOM fame!

in reply to: The All Is One #37449
                            JERO
                            Participant

Just what the doctor ordered! :MPD:

JERO
                              Participant

@welcomehome & @cloudhawker, thanks for this info.

This concert registration should i.m.o. be placed on the motorpsychodelic Clips page as well, but I don't know about the rights to it etc…Anyway, great that it will be available later :-)

in reply to: The All Is One #37438
                                JERO
                                Participant

Well now…..I have to agree with Ratmaus, I feel a bit disapointed about this ditty.

The sound and the singing take me back to the 'pop-trilogy' years, where some great songs, to my ears anyway, were shitted by over-production. But…still expecting The All Is One to be mindblowing in total. Previous time around, when the first track came available through some rock radio station, and it was Psychoczar, I remember I was so elevated and just couldn't stop playing the track, meanwhile sending the link to everybody I know. This time… er…I'll just bide my time, waiting for something Greener, aha!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 216 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994