suntripper

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 379 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38444
    suntripper
    Participant

@Norman

Quote:
      …the agents of big business, big banks, in a creepy conjunction with left-wing intellectuals and neo-marxists…

Absolutely! It is creepy! Not all left-wing intellectuals, mind you.

But this is the most frightening trend in the world today, unseen by many on the left, it would appear, who are, I think, being brilliantly played such that they give their support to exactly those forces they ought to be opposing. (How strange that this is almost perfectly the opposite of what Johnny alleges, although I still have some sympathy with his view because I consider that Brexit was, effectively, hi-jacked; and I stand by my view of this appalling UK government – you don't need a left-wing narrative to see it for what it is.)

This alliance you highlight is also, I believe, most pertinent to the whole 'vaccine' and 'vaccine' passport thing.

in reply to: Motorpsycho VHS archive #36592
      suntripper
      Participant

Thanks, Juergen. You were fortunate to be there! Any memories?

Surely, there must be more of this concert somewhere? Looks like a great gig, and well filmed.

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38438
        suntripper
        Participant

Please let's not be warning people or kicking people out, even if it's got a bit spicy from time to time. Thanks.

Still hoping for an answer…

in reply to: Motorpsycho VHS archive #36590
          suntripper
          Participant

Live – 2001?

Didn't know where to put this – just found, and not seen before. Can anyone fill me in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyE3V8OkAQQ

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38435
            suntripper
            Participant

Yes, Norman, the working classes are not so stupid. They knew they were getting shafted by the 'Anywheres'. The tragedy is that, when they were looking for leaders, all they had to cling to was Johnson's mob and Trump. Leaving the EU didn't have to look like this if there were a government with the people's best interests at heart. Unfortunately, the UK now has the most slippery, spineless, incompetent and corrupt enablers of racketeering in its history as an excuse for a government – so why trust them on 'testing', 'vaccines' and 'vaccine' passports?

Safeguards that the EU provided – at least for the time being – have been lost, and that concerns me. That, however, does not blind me to the reality of the EU project. I love Europe and I want to be European, but I am under no illusion concerning the real history and the long-term aims of the EU. If you think the EU is an unalloyed force for good… well, perhaps dig a little deeper?

For me, the vote was like a choice between the devil and the deep, blue sea.

Now, I know a doctor of philosophy and two others studying for doctorates – they're neither working class nor stupid and all three voted Brexit. I disagree with them on a number of things, but I recognise that they are intelligent and well-informed and I don't automatically make them wrong on everything (or call them malevolent, aggressive, egoist trolls or whatever).

Most things are not black and white. Why all the anger and hatred?

All I've got so far, I think, is Johnny's assertion of paranoia in common, so, again, I ask those who connect concerns with 'vaccines' and 'vaccine' passports with what they regard as a Trump/alt-right/Brexit mindset, please, to explain for me why you have repeatedly made that association.

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38431
              suntripper
              Participant

I think it's plain that enough people are interested in this thread, and it follows on directly from Bent's comments, so let's just accept that it's here, and that it needs to be here at this time, however ugly it is, even though that is regrettable.

Would anyone else like to try and answer my question – particularly those who have made this connection? Why is a concern with 'vaccines' and 'vaccine' passports associated, by some, with what they would see as a Trump/alt-right/Brexit mindset?

You can answer in a friendly way, if you like!

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38416
                suntripper
                Participant

Johnny, supernaut, cloudhawker, David or anyone else that fancies helping me out…

Can you please explain for me why you associate a concern with 'vaccines' and 'vaccine' passports with the Trump/alt-right/Brexit mindset? This keeps coming up. It seems that Bent shares this with you, judging by the interview that sparked this whole to-and-fro.

This mindset certainly isn't where I'm coming from, and I don't believe it's where a great many of those hundreds of thousands demonstrating in London are coming from either (although you might be able to prove me wrong). So, how do you come to make this connection? What am I not seeing? I would really like to understand.

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38414
                  suntripper
                  Participant

Edit: pic removed. Meant to be a humorous follow-up to supernaut's post, and in similar Monty Python vein – but I don't like it, can't stand 100% behind it and I don't want to keep seeing it, so it's gone. Yes, I know: will I please do that with all my other posts?!

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38412
                    suntripper
                    Participant

…and not a single mention from the BBC, despite hundreds of thousands of people marching through London; yet the BBC did take it seriously enough to have a massive police ring of steel around their building:

But still you won't suspect anything…

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38411
                      suntripper
                      Participant

The demo they want you to think never took place:

https://johnplatinumgoss.com/

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38402
                        suntripper
                        Participant

I would imagine, David, that some voted to leave and some to remain; but don't you think perhaps that many of them, like most intelligent people, saw that there were good and bad arguments on both sides? Maybe they weren't constrained by dumbed-down, binary thinking.

Such rights and freedoms as we currently enjoy are always threatened – but never, in the modern age, in the west, more so than right now.

Never take those rights and freedoms for granted. They were hard-won by just the sort of people you sneer at.

Here's what's going on in London right this minute. LOTS of people, but I don't expect much, if any, mainstream coverage – and that alone you should find troubling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF_hoBORgdI

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38182
                          suntripper
                          Participant

Glad you highlighted that, Mikke – that moment really gives me the chills. The whole thing is, of course, a fantastic piece of music. Maybe I would just concur a little bit with you, Johnny, about it not quite coming together, in that the piece doesn't quite seem ready for when the climactic moment hits, but, once you know the piece, that's just how it is, and you love it for what it is.

Now that we're talking about Snah, and bringing it back to the present, is anyone else concerned about the recent shortage of Snah material? I mean, he's still working wonders with the guitar – no question – but what happened to the Snah songs? Bent said he is no longer interested in standard song format. Well, Snah doesn't have to go along with that if he still wants to write a 'song'. At the risk of always bringing it back to Yes, after producing so many epics, they weren't above composing little gems like Wonderous Stories and Don't Kill the Whale before they went into decline. It's an art.

Snah has given us some truly unique pieces – all real one-offs that are never obvious, and that surprise at every turn – Serpentine, Upstairs-Downstairs, Year Zero, The Light Fantastic, etc., etc. He really moves this listener's heart with his writing – long or short form.

Wasn't The Light Fantastic a track that didn't make it onto The Tower? I wonder why. I think I prefer it to at least three or four of the tracks on that album. Still, at least it got to be a title track! But, there's been precious little since (the odd co-credit aside).

It feels like we are missing something important – part of the MP DNA. I guess Snah is conscious of quality control, and only wants to send his creations into the world when he has polished them and judged them worthy.

Anyway, let's hope it's not too long before we hear another one of those utterly unique beauties – the sort that only Snah can give the world.

in reply to: New Music #34854
                            suntripper
                            Participant

Not new! I hope it's OK to throw in the occasional, unearthed, old treasure, in the hope that it clicks for someone else too. I'm just 51 years late to this particular party! Something tells me it's the sort of thing Bent and Snah might have tracked down for their collections. Apologies if this is not new to you.

T2 – It'll All Work Out In Boomland (1970)

(hold on for No More White Horses!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1cKMIfcumg

in reply to: Is there anybody out there? #38872
                              suntripper
                              Participant

Toundra have Hyena in their top ten Motorpsycho tracks. Interesting reading – I reckon about four would overlap with my top ten:

https://www.loudersound.com/features/toundras-ten-favourite-motorpsycho-songs

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion – reviews #38655
                                suntripper
                                Participant
                                Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 379 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994