Martn

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 22-05-23 Beatpol Dresden #39963
    Martn
    Participant

So how do we convince them to invent the ÜberWheel?

@dongonz I meant myself headbanging, hehe. But I guess your mate was the guy in the plaid shirt right behind me then.

in reply to: 22-05-23 Beatpol Dresden #39958
      Martn
      Participant

What a blast. They had me from the first second of the Plan #1 intro. Didn't expect that as an opener. As always with Motorpsycho there was some clash of expectations/hopes and reality regarding the setlist. I was secretly hoping for The Alchemyst but what we got was just as great. I mean … Frances, Greener, Lurker, Überpilgrim, Victim, everything in between and the grande finale with The Wheel. What a trip. As one shirt from the Band Don Vito says: Ears are made for ringing!

By the way, have they ever combined Überwagner and The Wheel? I thought for a second, that that could work pretty well.

Did anyone else notice that Bent introduced Snah as Bent followed by 'And my name is Snah.'? Might be a running gag, I'm not sure if they did that in Leipzig a few years back.

@dongonz where you standing behind me (the guy headbannging pretty much the whole show)? I heard some guys talking about someone wearing a leather jacket briefly. Also I was wondering if it was just me having trouble with the sound in the louder parts. I was getting lost a bit here and there, having trouble to make out the riffs and harmonies, constantly adjusting my ear plugs between a loose and a tight fit.

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #38078
        Martn
        Participant

Spoiler alert!

Got my record today and had one spin. Promising. Very promising. Some quick impressions: The Waning part 2 instantly got me with the classic Bent groove. Great. Lady May was quite the surprise. Totally reminds me of CSNY. Lee Shore comes to mind, especially the vocal harmonies. Didn't expect that but I love it. The Watcher is a funny one. It's like they merged the original with Pink Floyd (Set the Controls …) and gave it their own spin. Nice. The Transmutation Of Cosmoctopus Lurker is an absolute belter. Lots more to unravel, but that will take some time. Can't wait!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994